Celebrity on a cruise?

Randus62

On my very first cruise (SS Norway) Jim Nabora (Gomer) was on it:p

He was part of the entertainment, but he did mingle with the passagers.

He was very nice. On my last cruise on our flight layover Fantasia Barrino (Idol) was just getting off the plane and all the little girls where so excited to see her. She took the time to say hi to all of them and even let people take pictures with her. I had a son so he was not interested:rolleyes:

In 2006 we saw a WCW wrestler at Magens Bay. His name was Steve Nash I think or Kevin Nash I think it was Steve...dh knows better than I do...he is the one who pointed him out to me otherwise I would not have known who the guy was. He was huge and his voice was very Barry White like lol! Other than that dh usually sees famous people he knows of so I don't recall anyone else lol! But I can say one day I hope everyone says that they sailed with someone famous if they sailed with my daughter she is a child model and is getting into acting. So she has gone on some big auditions and maybe one day will make it big! Then whoever went on a ship with us said they saw a celebrity lol!

It's so cool to read all of these stories. Some of these people I woudn't consider celebs, heck I haven't even heard of some of them, but it's still fun to read about these sightings.

The only celebrity that I've travelled with was on a flight from Austin to St Louis, Willard Scott was on it. I also saw Charo in the Ft Lauderdale airport when I was flying back after a cruise.

I went on a Survivor cruise with former Survivor contestants Lex Van den berg (Survivor Africa and All Stars), Big Tom Buchanan (Survivor Africa and All Stars), Andrew Savage (Survivor Pearl Islands) and a couple of the girls from Pearl Islands. It was fun and entertaining to see these characters show up at the various venues. I even got to share my dinner table with big Tom along with my bottle of Pine-Nut No-Ear. Of course I'm a total Survivor fan...... :cool:

I too am a big Survivor fan. Too bad Jeff Probst wasn't with them :)

My husband just reminded me that the Oxyclean infommercial guy was on our cruise too. Is he a celebrity??!! HEE HEE!

That guy just gets on my last nerve. I can't stand those commercials but I will say they are not as bad as the HEAD ON commercials. :eek:

I too am a big Survivor fan. Too bad Jeff Probst wasn't with them :)

I was on an NCL cruise and Richard Hatch (First Survivor Winner) was onboard, he was extremely personable and equally as tall! It seems though, that he won't be taking any cruises in the near future...:p

Aug. 2005 we were on a Disney cruise and Chip Foose, from Overhaulin', was on with his family. A couple of months later we were watching his show and the guys were saying "Chip wasn't there since he was on a rare family vacation". It was cool knowing when the show was taped and where he went on vacation. DH and another friend talked with him several times and he is the nicest guy and has a nice family too.

Last year on another Disney cruise Tom Bergeron was on with the America's Funniest Videos crew. My daughter took some pictures of him getting his make up on and then while he was getting his lunch we asked him for a couple of pics with her and he was very gracious and let us take them. We were also walking around one of the decks and they were setting up for filming and we were talking with some of the crew and then they asked if they could film us on deck, which we said yes. Turns out they used our footage for one of the commercials. One of DD's friends said she saw us on tv and they we finally saw the commercial - pretty cool to see us on tv.

In 2006 we saw a WCW wrestler at Magens Bay. His name was Steve Nash I think or Kevin Nash I think it was Steve...dh knows better than I do...he is the one who pointed him out to me otherwise I would not have known who the guy was. He was huge and his voice was very Barry White like lol! Other than that dh usually sees famous people he knows of so I don't recall anyone else lol! But I can say one day I hope everyone says that they sailed with someone famous if they sailed with my daughter she is a child model and is getting into acting. So she has gone on some big auditions and maybe one day will make it big! Then whoever went on a ship with us said they saw a celebrity lol!

Kevin Nash!!! He's not a forgettable person to say the least. He's about 7' tall and built like an ox. He is so yummy. Yep, I'm a fan if you didn't notice! :)

Would this be him?

KevinNash1.jpg

KevinNash.jpg

I went to High School with his sister, Kim. She also was over 6' tall and a basketball player.

You mean that wasn't Stevie Wonder on the Valor the week after Thanksgiving?? I have told numerous people that he was on the ship and performed one song for us. The band played, he sang, cameras were flashing everywhere...... It would have never crossed my mind that it wasn't him.... I guess I am a bit disppointed; however, I will now get a good laugh out of it.

About 12 years ago we were on a Holland America cruise with some of the Minnesota Vikings

Good thing it was twelve years ago. I am guessing that now and in the future any members of the Minnesota Vikings are strictly prohibited from going on any type of cruise on any type of seagoing vessel (be it on Lake Minnetonka or the Caribbean) :eek:

I have not seen any on a cruise, but have seen too many celeberties to mention at Epcot and MGM Studios, and other places around town.

There was one I talked to for quite a few moments Meridith Baxter. she is really sweet. OH yes, and I can not forget Kathy Brier who is a friend now after meeting with her numberous times.

My list goes on and on. I have even been kissed by Tony Orlando.

When I was about 12, around 30 some years ago, my family cruised to Hawaii. Don't remember much about it except that Robert Reed, the dad from the Brady Bunch was on the ship. The camp kids all put on a play and he did a little part in it. We were all thrilled!

Well, this wasn't on a cruise ship, but once while at a restaurant in Palm Springs (this was a good 20 or more years ago), I was headed out to the valet to get my car when I literally RAN into a small, older gentleman. Turns out it was Frank Sinatra. His body guard did his job and got between us very quickly... lol.

Several years later, flying out of Denver, I Kathy Mattea and her band were on the same plane as I was. They got onboard after everyone else had and left before anyone else did when we landed, so none of us lowly people in coach could meet her :confused:

My very first cruise.. the Carnival Tropicale in 1984.. .a whole bunch of LA Dodgers on the 7 day cruise. They had Q & A's and chased after all of the women onboard the ship. I even got a phone call from Steve Sax after I got home and went out with him a couple of times!

Susan Anton was an entertainer on my first cruise, the S.S. Norway. She is beautiful, friendly, and tall. She visited with the passengers that approached her and I even played basketball on the same team with her one day at sea. She is almost 6' tall.

Not ON our cruise but at Tampa Airport AFTER the 3/2/08 Legend cruise, Coach Dick Vermeil (Phil-St Louis-KC) stood behind me in the TSA line. He was traveling with his wife and was very nice - I'm a Patriot's fan and we talked football and cruising. Imposed on him for a photo on my cell phone and he was very nice about taking it with me. :D

My brother-in-law used to be the head accountant for Motown Records before retiring and I was constantly amazed how many folks were (are) seriously star struck, as though these peoples lives have anything to do with ours.

Admittedly I am out of the loop, but what is so funny about the notion of Jarod having aids? Somebody posted this previously and I don't get the humor.

That guy just gets on my last nerve. I can't stand those commercials but I will say they are not as bad as the HEAD ON commercials. :eek:

I know!! I think most everyone was running the other direction when they saw him. But at least he can say EVERYONE knows who he is.:rolleyes:

Archived