Leather pants for Canada/NE cruise ?

Truffle

I've never had a problem figuring out my wardrobe for a warm weather itinerary, or even Alaska, but living in the relatively warm winter weather climes of Las Vegas I am a bit cold-weather-wardobe challenged as we don't layer clothes here too often! I have two pairs of fantastic leather pants, one brown, one black. I could mix and match them with different tops and sweaters and they also don't get spotted or dirty easily. I was thinking they might be a good idea for daytime and the walking/bus tour type shore excursion days, and I have jeans for the more active shore excursions, even though I am not a big fan of jeans for cruises. It's so hard to wrap my brain around the leatherpants/cruise ship idea. I would wear them with short boots. I'd like your honest opinions girls--don't just wimp out with a "whatever you're comfortable in" answer if you don't think it's a good idea!! I know I can trust my cruise sisters! :)

Thanks! Melody

Truffle, I just returned from the Canada/New England itinerary and the weather was quite warm. A little nip in the air in the morning but by the afternoon it was almost balmy. Peggy's Cove was very blustery and that's the only day that I was glad I wore some heavy slacks. If you are going in October you will probably be OK--but if this is for September of next year--you might want to re-think your pants.

October in Canada: you can have temp. in the 70s, or you can have snow. Seriously. So, I think your idea of leather pants is terrific. Definitely layers, as like Pipermary mentioned, it's usually warmer in the afternoon than in the morning. (And we've actually been having quite a nice fall, so I suspect the snow thing is highly unlikely!)

Definetly take a look at the weather forecast. Even though it will be October, its still pretty mild in the US Northeast, however, those pants might come in handy for the much cooler Canadian Northeast.

We are headed out on Friday and I would not wear leather pants for the kind of weather we will be having, but if you are going later in the month, it may be more appropriate.

Archived