Kids Camp Question: RCCL vs CCL

travelingirl70

I've searched these boards and the RCCL website and I can't seem to find the answer, so I'm hoping one of you will know.

Does RCCL have anything comparable to CCL's All Night Party for the 9 - 11 year olds? We went on the Miracle last year when my oldest was able to go and he loved it. DD made us promise to take her when she was old enough. The thing is, DH and I would really like to try RCCL. I'm familiar with the general kids activities on RCCL, but really need to know if there is anything that would match up with CCL's party.

Also, what age does RCCL let kids sign themselves in/out? On CCL, it is the 9 - 11 year old group, with parent's permission.

Thanks!

They will have a "late night party zone" which goes till 1am. I don't remember an all nighter.

What ships on RCL are you thinking of? Your kids would definitely love the Voyager or Freedom class. The Adventure Ocean program is really wonderful.

You can check out some of the "Compasses"...daily schedule for the different age groups at:

http://www.cruisedailies.com.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Heatherco. Is that late night thing offered every night (i.e. babysitting)? Do you know what activities they do? My son still talks about the late night party on CCL. It was held on a night before a sea day and he slept until 11 am. I was worried he would fall apart and be a terror, but he wasn't. My daughter was 7 at the time and all she can talk about is going back for "her turn!"

We would definitely be looking at Voyger or Freedom class, but I don't know which ship yet. Itinerary is really important to us and, again, Carnival has our ideal itinerary. We're looking to do Western Caribbean because 1) we've done islands in the Eastern more than we can count, 2) we're not much into shopping and 3) DH is a SCUBA diver and loves the Western ports. Our itinerary on the Miracle was Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. Looks like the Legend has the same itinerary for next year except Roatan instead of CM. Belize and CM are tops on our list. Right now, I can't seem to find any RCCL cruises for our dates (mid April 2009).

I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Archived