what is the return cuttof time on jewel @ tortola?

cavy68

we will be in tortola on ncl jewel on march 31st- ship leaves @ 6:30pm, my ? is what time would we have to be back? we are taking daughters to the dolphin swim which starts @ 2:00pm and i am starting to wonder if it should be sooner. how far are the dolphins from the ship? any info would be great!

well with the research i've done i am still not sure! it doesn't look like the port has much to offer, we may look at a ride to a beach but have heard some are not the greatest ie "green water!". what are you planning? maybe you could give us some ideas! 2-adults 2-teenage girls. would love to hear from you!!

Have y'all checked the Roll Call for your sailing? I think it's here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=548967

We're looking for something to do in Tortola, too. We'll be there the week before you on the NCL Dawn.

As far as when to get back to the ship, we're always back at least an hour before sailaway. Be sure your watch is set to ship time and don't rely on clocks at the ports. They're not always the same :eek: .

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Jewel last week. The trip is GREAT! You need to back on board the ship by 6 PM for the 6:30 sailing. DO consider taking the Speedy ferry (10:15 am) over to Virgin Gorda to do the Baths! The ship tours go there but we saw the LONG LINE of people walknig down to the Baths from the tour and felt sorry for them! We had already completed our time at the Baths and couldn't believe they had to wait in that long line! If you want to see the baths, do yourself a favor, go on Speedy's ferry on your own! See the other posts on this to get all the details!

cavy68 & flashcruise...We just did this same itinerary in Jan. on the Pearl. We did the Cayo Levantado with NCL. Very nice beach. Water was nice. Not blue but sorta greenish. But nice green. The only negative is the cost NCL charges for the 5 min or less ride to the island. Could be cheaper. Check out our trip report and photos below my signature.

Archived