New to NCL - Soda Water?

Coochuck

everyone on this board, cringes everything we hear someone called and asked that question. some day it may come true...right now, no problem.

water and sodas are allowed. BUT the tap water, on the ship, is better then most bottle water. now i just bring a sippy bottle and refill it on the ship.

I called NCL yesterday. Their rep told me that you can bring wine onboard, but you can't bring on soda or water...is this correct? Seems Strange.

Unless they have changed their policy in the past day or two you got an agent that needs to be re-trained. Yes, you can bring all the water and soda on you want. I will add, I have a feeling one of these days all cruise ships will limit the soda thing, just like they have hard liquor. Selling soda can be a huge money maker.

Nita

Okay - and this should be a sticky to help the newbies.

You can bring all the soda, water that you want.

You can bring all the wine you want, but expect to pay $15 per 750ml. Yes, larger bottles or boxes should, but may not cost more. It does not matter if you are drinking it in your room or the dining room. Same fee.

You can not bring hard booze. Period. End of story. If you want to learn about some sneak it on, then scroll down this page or the second one as there is surely a multi page thread that discusses that already.

Does not seem to be a rule about beer, but appears you can not bring that either.

The NCL Guest Ticket Contract (as of March 2, 2008 at least)

P. 4e

Forbidden Articles

....any alcoholic beverages purchased ashore shall not be brought or consumed onboard the vessel under any circumstances, but shall be delivered to the ship's crew at the gangway to be retained by the Carrier until the Guest disembarks at the end of the voyage.....

They have a stated policy regarding wine which can be brought onboard with a $15 corkage fee per bottle.

No beer either but PLEASE do not call. Yes every time you call they will tell you no on soda or water but it has always been that they allow a reasonable amount(up to a couple of cases) to be brought aboard without problem. When you call they keep track of the calls and someone one of these days will send out a missive to the crew so please don't call....

Why does anyone pay a corkage fee of $15?

Just bring your own cork screw. they even sell cheap plastic ones if you don't want to bring the good ones from home.

Not sure if you were serious, or this was a joke.

BUT - the fee might be called a corkage fee, but it is a fee to cover their lost profits. You can bring a bottle with screw top or a box. Same fee(s). You can open it yourself in your room. Same fee.

It's a shame that NCL Reps give out misinformation.
No unfortunately, the information is what they are supposed out. That's what the "official" rule is. But the ships don't enforce it. That's way we suggest strongly NOT to call and ask...

Archived