Sea Princess cabin choice Canada and New England

Sunnytrip

I am looking for some advice. I have booked a cruise on Sea Princess end of September from Quebec to New York. Initially we wanted a balcony on starboard side as that side will be overlooking coast but only balconies left are port side so have booked an outside starboard cabin with picture window. However I am still wondering whether I would be better off with a portside balcony. Would you see much from balcony when going into port. I have been on one cruise and usually ended up getting up early and going up on deck to see the views coming into the port as we just had portholes. I was also wondering if we'd get much use of the balcony on this kind of cruise as it won't be that warm. So would it be better to have a view of the coast from inside or a view of the sea and coming into ports from a balcony? If anyone has done this kind of cruise and could advise I would be grateful

If you can afford the balcony, I would highly recommend it. It doesn't matter if you're on the port or starboard side. There are so many pluses to having your own private sanctuary to enjoy the ocean breezes and the views.

I too love watching the ship come into port. You can enjoy the intial arrival from your balcony then head to the observation deck for the harbor arrival. The pros of having a balcony are many, our favorite reasons are

Stepping out at night under a starry sky.

Watching the sunrise first thing in the morning.

Relaxing on your balcony after a busy day in port.

Enjoying the sailaway from the privacy of your balcony.

Personally, I prefer a port side baclony because your view will be ever changing. Every day you will have a beautiful view of a different port, how can you beat that. Do yourself a favor book the port side balcony and have a wonderful voyage.

Jonathan

We had a sea princess balcony on our only Princess cruise. The cabin was VERY small. If you are used to balcony cabins on other ships or lines you will be very disappointed with the size of the Princess balcony cabin and the balcony itself.

Archived