What color is your formal gown for your next cruise?

I love hearing about everyone's dresses.

Seems to be lots of red out there as well as shades of blue and green.:D

RI-sailer- I love purple too- I am still kicking myself for not buying the one that I tried on! Go for it!

I have a long "slinky" tangerine gown, sort of halter style with sequins on the bodice, there are insets of georgette that start below the knee and make the skirt flare out.

I am taking a blue A-line long dress with a draped neckline and splashes of star-like blue sequins.

Hmmm....I am thinking my full length black stretch velvet with some beading and mesh cutout and my strapless muted gold ball gown....which one when....I will decide on my mood for the evening I guess. I also just picked up a fabulous red cocktail dress, and then there is the champagne colored halter "Marilyn Monroe" dress....thank goodness Celebrity has informal nights as well!

Why?

It's a long, formal purple gown (worn for Sis's wedding, actually) and she thinks it's too formal, I'm sure. Just because she wore black, black and more black separates on her cruise for dinner doesn't mean I should! :p But, you know mothers....I wasn't going to listen to anyone about what to wear, but she actually made me doubt myself (for a few minutes anyway!). I'm distracting her by sending her on a turquoise t-shirt hunt for me now!! ;)

I've read that Alaskan cruises are pretty casual, so I'm only bringing one floorlength black velvet skirt and a couple of sparkly tops.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what to wear in the dining room on non-formal nights for Alaska? For DH, I am thinking of packing Dockers, nice shirts, and a couple of sweaters. For myself .... slacks/tops, or do I need to include dresses? :confused:

My daughter and I are wearing matching colors... but different styles of dresses each night... (mine are more matronly lol)

Salmon long formal

Black long formal

Peacock colors (blues and teals) sequin long formal

Dark Purple cocktail

Teal cocktail

Red/Black Damask cocktail

Dark Pink cocktail

Black cocktail

Red cocktail

I know, we have two too many dresses... but I would rather have extras than not enough... lol

We do plan to go to tea on sea days, so we will wear the other dresses then :)

I know, we have two too many dresses... but I would rather have extras than not enough... lol

I love your dress colors- and I agree with you on packing choices- you need to join us on the overpackers anonymous thread!!! We are proud to pack our choices!!:D

I love your dress colors- and I agree with you on packing choices- you need to join us on the overpackers anonymous thread!!! We are proud to pack our choices!!:D

I wanted to have a wide range of colors...

If it is the thread I am thinking of... I have already posted there... lol

My first is ivory on top, and the bottom half is fully covered in gold sequins. Its backless, and my husband-to-be (that sounds so cool! :) ) LOVES it!

The second one I am still debating: either a knee length lime green, full sequined cocktail dress, or a printed charmeuse (Ivory, black, pink, purple, yellow) full length gown.

Haven't found my dress yet, I want something that is elegant but at the say time will knock my husband's socks off! We are celebrating our 25th at the supper club and I really want to look good. On our last cruise I wore a long red halter satin gown and he was pretty impressed with that so I want to find something that is equally nice. He thinks I should go with a blue colored halter gown but I was thinking about off white, any ideas on what I should look for?

I just got a new Newport-News catalog, and it has some really beautiful dress & gowns in it.Here are some:

S0861088_NAJ08_001?$216x270$S0714321_J107_001?$216x270$S0861108_NAJ08_001?$216x270$

Thanks, Rachel. The wedge posted is too dark now that I take a second look at it, and the gold doesn't look quite right either. I think I do have a silver kitten heel in my closet that might work. I just hope the dress fits.

• 2 weeks later...

One formal night going with a floor length black halter dress. So comfy and flowy. Came from White House Black Market, and sorta hard to describe.

The other formal night, is a gorgeous floor length silk dress from Lilly Pulitzer. I wanted color for once on formal night and these are the in colors right now...the pinks/greens/and white. The ring at tie area on chest is actually the green and pink rhinestones...love it! Going to try and post a pic. This dress with silver stiletto thong shoes from Boston Proper. I am so anxious to wear this one, and shock DH, as I do always tend to stay in black for formal.

R07-67091_medium.jpg.d210eaf5fc951d9a7bfa569dfeff5d9c.jpg

1139766687_Picture940.jpg.56abcaf0c3415ffbc34a2cae4d6f97a9.jpg

Archived