What color is your formal gown for your next cruise?

1st night: Midnight blue silk chiffon tea-length with v-neckline, asymmetrical hem, cap flutter sleeves, and small appliques of iridescent beading.

2nd night: Sleeveless A-line chocolate brown satin cocktail dress with cream and turquoise border print, v-neckline, turquoise ribbon sash.

:)

Floor lenght alter brown dress

Floor lenght alter black satin dress

I'm most likely bringing my purple gown (5 day - one formal night). My mother is trying to talk me out of it! :(

Why?

Haven't found my dress yet, I want something that is elegant but at the say time will knock my husband's socks off! We are celebrating our 25th at the supper club and I really want to look good. On our last cruise I wore a long red halter satin gown and he was pretty impressed with that so I want to find something that is equally nice. He thinks I should go with a blue colored halter gown but I was thinking about off white, any ideas on what I should look for?

1st dress is a halter royal blue floor length with a bit of glitter at bustline & chiffon overlay. Black shoes & purse. Diamond stud earrings & necklace for this one.

2nd is black palazzo style pants with slit up left leg & red satin top 3/4 length sleeves & red shoes & purse. Garnet earrings & necklace for this one.

Also have a silver & black real sparkely(?) sleeveless top to go with pants for 1 night.

el tigre

Dress Number one: Jade green (dress I wore to my daughters wedding - see pic)[ATTACH]73250[/ATTACH]

Dress Number two: Black and white halter bought off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220208280685&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Hope they are ok.

Both are very pretty, and will be fine! :)

Good for you -- I didn't wear a matronly "mommy of the bride" dress either! In fact, my midnight blue formal is a "daughter's wedding" dress, too! :D

I have a sparkley halter-style cocktail length black dress. The halter straps are black sheer with little sparkles on them.

I also have a long bright red dress with spaghetti straps and a slit up to the mid thigh.

However, I am not sure I will wear either as we might opt to dine in the alternative restaurants for formal nights (but I might still wear my dresses there!).

I have a silk strapless calf length dark red dress for the first night bought from Monsoon in the sale and a sparkly red halterneck backless number for the second bought from E-bay haven't decided on the shoes/sandals yet - I don't get much chance to dress up these days so am really looking forward to it.

Dress Number one: Jade green (dress I wore to my daughters wedding - see pic)[ATTACH]73250[/ATTACH]

Dress Number two: Black and white halter bought off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220208280685&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:1123

Hope they are ok.

I think your dresses are fine and I think your daughter is a beautiful bride! (takes after her mother, obviously ;) )

attachment.php?attachmentid=73250&d=1205730917

Used to wear really pretty dresses in all shades of blue and silver. On my last cruise (January 2007), I bought two beautiful outfits . . . both black and both have those fly away pants. One top is short and sort of a tuxedo style with black beads . . . . the other is a three piece with a solid black top over the black fly away pants and then a long (below the knees) fly away material jacket emblished with very subtle sequines. Bought both in New York on a lark (don't ever let a girlfriend take you to New York for a play and then just "wander through" the shops). :p Whatever . . . I've worn each once before on my January 2007 cruise and plan to wear again on my cruise next month!

First formal night: Black palazzo pants with a silver and black jacket and matching shell.

Second formal night: Black cocktail length dress with filmy black chiffon and beaded tunic over it.

I have silver and black shoes to go with both of these outfits.

You know . . . I was wondering about that. I have a beutiful pair of strappy black heeled sandals and a pair of really pretty strappy silver heels . . . still up in the air over which pair to take. If I take my silver heeds . . . I get wear my really cute dangling silver earrings but if I take the black ones . . . it just a pair of cure black starburst earrings . . . much more conservative. Hum?

I'm taking brides' maid dresses I wore this year!! I paid a fortune for the darn things, so I'm going to wear them on the cruise, darn it!! I paid more for one of these gowns than I have probably spent on all my other formals together!

One is a pretty mossy green strapless ball gown with a sash; the other is a deep aqua/teal that's sort-of strapless with a chiffon halter that starts at the high waist. They're pretty- I don't think they scream "bride's maid" or anything. I'll just have to have them pressed when we get onboard.

I'm most likely bringing my purple gown (5 day - one formal night). My mother is trying to talk me out of it! :(

Bring that purple dress!! I'm bringing mine too! :D

First formal night: Aqua-ish Green with black jewelry and black shoes

Second formal night: Purple with gold shoes and MODERATE gold jewelry...I don't wanna blind anyone :D

~Kristina

I have until December to decide - so it will be two of the following: my black velvet and pewter taffeta ball gown, my navy full length, my black ball gown, my apple red full length, my wine ball gown, my chocolate brown ball gown, my light blue formal, my champagne formal, my black formal, or if I find another good sale, something new.

We all love talking about fashion I love this thread, my gown is red I wore

1 other time for a formal wedding we went to the other dress is knee lenth it is Chartreuse having red hair this is a good color for me I got this on sale at Neiman Marcus, the red one at Lord and Taylor on sale also.

Love those sales:D

I have a floor lenth red dress I bought from Lord and Taylor [on sale] the other dress is knee lenth chartruese cocktail dress [on sale] at Neiman Marcus.

The red dress I wore before to a formal wedding I'm so glad I get to wear it again I was going to have it cut down. I can not wait to get dressed up for dinner DH is not as thirilled as me but he will still enjoy himself.

Archived