Balcony or not Sea Princess Canada New England

Sunnytrip

I am looking for some advice. I have booked a cruise on Sea Princess end of September from Quebec to New York. Initially we wanted a balcony on starboard side as that side will be overlooking coast but only balconies left are port side so have booked an outside starboard cabin with picture window. However I am still wondering whether I would be better off with a portside balcony. Would you see much from balcony when going into port. I have been on one cruise and usually ended up getting up early and going up on deck to see the views coming into the port as we just had portholes. I was also wondering if we'd get much use of the balcony on this kind of cruise as it won't be that warm. So would it be better to have a view of the coast from inside or a view of the sea and coming into ports from a balcony? If anyone has done this kind of cruise and could advise I would be grateful

Yes and our experience was chilly weather. You might not use the balcony very much and you are not close to shoreline to see much of anything. I'm sure some years the weather would be milder than what we had. We even hit a big Atlantic storm one night , the biggest one we ever experienced on a cruise ship. Its a good cruise but I wouldnt worry about the balcony

I did this on a Grand class ship (though it was RT NYC). The balcony is not necessary as the trip is very port intensive. Though, I have to say that when cruising into 2 Canadian ports (St. John and Halifax), we had bagpipers on the pier who greeted us and said good bye to us in a very unique/classy way. For that reason, I was glad that we had a balcony to watch that when sailing in and leaving port. Otherwise, our balcony was not used that much. But we only had 1 sea day.

The balconies on the Sea Princess are all covered and small. The balconies are cut from the hull.

We had lovely weather sailing northbound from NY to Montreal in September. We had a balcony and it was quite nice to enjoy a coffee while sailing into the various ports, and especially upon departure from the old west side cruise terminal in NY. If it comes down to a big difference in cost though, I think you could live without the balcony.

Archived