Dutch nite in Volendam

michmike

Hey michmike,

It looks like Dutch Night might be our late night in St Thomas if Krazy Kruzer is right. Maybe our group of Cruise Critics could plan to meet at a restaurant on St Thomas and have dinner off the ship.

Jan - sounds like fun to me. And by then everyone will have had a dose or two of each other so if they do come along they can't say they weren't forewarned. *S*

Actually we had talked about doing that very thing and as you have likely figured out by now, our attitude is the more miscreants in our group the better. They may need to post storm warnings in St Thomas with our group on the loose.

Michmike, I called Ship's Services about this exact thing. I don't know if she gave me the right answer because KK says it's usually the night you're in port the latest, but they told me that it would be Tuesday (on the Oosterdam in November). She looked at previous itineraries for that itinerary and that's what she came up with.

Will somone be doing your exact itinerary before you do it? I've marked my calendar to ask the folks who are on my cruise a couple of weeks before which night it fell on. It would be the same night.

HeatherInFlorida

I am looking over a schedule of the Oosterdam for Nov 7 and/or 21. You didn't mention which date you will be sailing on.

Tuesday is listed as the first sea day - which I doubt would be a BBQ night or dutch night.

Something doesn't sound right.

I know, KK, I may call them again. We're going on 11/7. Ship's Services checked the itinerary and said in the past it was on Tuesday which is a sea day. I wish I could remember from our last Caribbean cruise on the Maasdam, but I can't.

You had told me this before and I'm tempted to call again. But I thought I might wait until Roboat comes back from the same itinerary. There would probably still be time to switch it from Tuesday. Obviously you know about this stuff so you are probably right, but they insisted.:confused:

Heather

We all make mistakes - including HAL.

I Am looking over the Oosterdam's dress schedule from last Feb/Mar when we were on her.

Sunday - casual

Monday - Nassau - Formal

Tuesday - at sea - Informal

Wednesday - St Maarten - casual - Lido BBQ

Thursday - Tortola - casual

Friday - at sea - Foral

Saturday - HMC - casual

Your ports are different on a couple of days this year, but maybe this will help you decide what to do.

But I thought I might wait until Roboat comes back from the same itinerary.
I think the answer might be: it's hard to tell for sure.

I am scheduled for the Zuiderdam Oct 16 Western Caribbean. The HAL rep I spoke to a month or so ago said Dutch Night would probably be Thursday, which is a sea day for that cruise. And she seemed about 3% certain. (Maybe they give random answers to the Dutch Night question as away of spacing out the Pinnacle Reservations!) ;)

Of course, with all the itinerary changes due to the hurricanes, there's an equal chance we'll be in Guam or Sweden that day. :D

Plus, even though I made Pinnacle reservations for Thurday (and Sat night) I have decided I might like Dutch Night anyway! So, if I get bumped by a suite passenger, that's cool. Then again, I really like the Pinnacle. Oh, the horror of having to make such weighty decisions!:eek: ;) I'm going to consult my box of hanging chads. :)

I think the answer might be: it's hard to tell for sure.

I am scheduled for the Zuiderdam Oct 16 Western Caribbean. The HAL rep I spoke to a month or so ago said Dutch Night would probably be Thursday, which is a sea day for that cruise. And she seemed about 3% certain. (Maybe they give random answers to the Dutch Night question as away of spacing out the Pinnacle Reservations!) ;)

I got mixed up, Roboat (who me:confused: :D ) ... I thought you were doing the Eastern on the Oosterdam. When I did the Western on the Maasdam, Dutch Night was the night we were in Grand Cayman (a Wednesday I think). I have pictures of us in casual dress with our hats on:eek: . Don't know if that helps.

The rep told me the same thing ... that Dutch Night would be on a Sea Day (a Tuesday for us). But I think KK knows what she's talking about.

A favor, Roboat? When you come back let us know what night it was for you and it MAY help solve this huge mystery. Thanks!:)

If you can't find out which night for certain, check with the maitre'd in the Pinnacle shortley after you board. He should be able to tell you which night is Dutch night and take your reservation.

Have a nice cruise .

Archived