Pricing Ruby Nov 15 ??

toberman

Anyone want to speculate as to why over the past few days, when I try to price the 15th sailing I get a message that prices are not currently available for this date? Hopefully it's not an omen of some problem with this cruise (the inaugural).

Anyone want to speculate as to why over the past few days, when I try to price the 15th sailing I get a message that prices are not currently available for this date? Hopefully it's not an omen of some problem with this cruise (the inaugural).

The best way to get your answer is to call Princess where they will be able to give you the correct answer.

I don't think so. Even though the Princess site has been down. I had still been able to access everything....except for the Nov 15th sailing of the Ruby. At one point today I saw saw a sailing for Nov 8th:eek: and could not access it. I called Princess and got no where. It is now gone

The Ruby Princess Inaugural Cruise has been moved from November 15th to November 8th, one week earlier. The embarkation port is still Ft. Lauderdale..

SO WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE EVERYONE WHO HAS BOOKED WHAT THEY BELIEVE TO BE THE 1ST CRUISE ON THE 15TH??? OR IS THIS TYPE OF THING COMMON IN THIS INDUSTRY?? .......CON THE CUSTOMER!!!

AND HOW OR DOES IT AFFECT THE SAILINGS ON THE 22ND AND 29TH ??

SEEMS A COMMON THEME IS EMERGING WITHIN THE CARNIVAL GROUP FOR THIS TYPE OF THING!

FIRST P AND O SELL VENTURA AS THE 1ST SAILING ON THE 18TH APRIL BUT THEN BOOK IN A 2 NIGHTER BEFOREHAND!! NOW PRINCESS !!

SEEMS MORE LIKE UNDERHAND TO ME....:eek: :mad:

Interesting, at least they get the opportunity to still be on the Inaugural Cruise. Note: The Princess web-site still shows the Inauguaral Cruise for Nov. 15th.

The Ruby Princess Inaugural Cruise has been moved from November 15th to November 8th, one week earlier. The embarkation port is still Ft. Lauderdale. Everyone booked on the November 15th cruise is dual booked on the November 8th cruise. Princess is telling T.A.'s that the passengers must choose one sailing or the other by March 31st..

*****index.php/topic,139.0.html

The Ruby Princess Inaugural Cruise has been moved from November 15th to November 8th, one week earlier. The embarkation port is still Ft. Lauderdale..

SO WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE EVERYONE WHO HAS BOOKED WHAT THEY BELIEVE TO BE THE 1ST CRUISE ON THE 15TH??? OR IS THIS TYPE OF THING COMMON IN THIS INDUSTRY?? .......CON THE CUSTOMER!!!

AND HOW OR DOES IT AFFECT THE SAILINGS ON THE 22ND AND 29TH ??

SEEMS A COMMON THEME IS EMERGING WITHIN THE CARNIVAL GROUP FOR THIS TYPE OF THING!

FIRST P AND O SELL VENTURA AS THE 1ST SAILING ON THE 18TH APRIL BUT THEN BOOK IN A 2 NIGHTER BEFOREHAND!! NOW PRINCESS !!

I've never done an inaugural sailing, but if I did book specifically what was supposed to be the inaugural, only to find out later that they inserted another sailing to be the first sailing, I might be disappointed.

Other than being the first group of passengers to sail a new ship, is there any other "perks" to being on an inaugural sailing?

Michcook.. no idea myself but there maybe some kind of party going on and free drinks etc.... lets face it if you bought a New car you wouldnt expect to have some other person use it for a week beforehand would you!

If the ship is delivered early, the often will throw in an early cruise. Nothing really new. I do feel bad for those that thought they were booking her first cruise though, that would be a real let down. But when booking an inaugural cruise, that is the chance you take. You can either have it cancelled because the ship isn't ready on time, or be the second or sometimes third group to board, you just never know.

Thankfully, many have taken it upon themselves to move to the 8th, at least they have that option right now. My guess, the November 8th cruise will fill up fast. Best of luck to all that are able to switch and still be the first ones to sail a beautiful new ship.

OR IS THIS TYPE OF THING COMMON IN THIS INDUSTRY?? .......CON THE CUSTOMER!!!

NOW PRINCESS !!

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. I believe that the only other Princess ship that was moved up from it's original sailing date was the Caribbean Princess in April, 2004.

I don't think they are trying to con anybody. If the shipbuilder feels at some point in time that they can complete the ship ahead of schedule, there is not a company in the world that is going to just let a multi-million dollar vessel sit around some dock for a week or two when they can instead schedule it to sail earlier.

cruisingpeople... i agree with some of what you say regarding a company having a ship sitting around doing nothing!

now lets look at the other angle.... the ship gets booked up for the 8th and plenty of those from the 15th move across to the new date, then for some reason the ship is delivered late and the first cruise now becomes once again the 15th how peed off do you think those people will be who moved to the 8th with no chance of moving back to the original date ???

We were booked on the Nov. 15 inagural sailing and received a call from our agent this morning asking if we wanted to sail the week before as she was coming out early , they double booked everyone that was already booked to give them the opportunity to sail whichever week they choose.......we chose to do the Nov. 8 and are thrilled to go a week earlier. Am sure the booking will reopen for the 15th as soon as everyone that was booked for the original sailing has been contacted.

cruisingpeople...

now lets look at the other angle.... the ship gets booked up for the 8th and plenty of those from the 15th move across to the new date, then for some reason the ship is delivered late and the first cruise now becomes once again the 15th how peed off do you think those people will be who moved to the 8th with no chance of moving back to the original date ???

It's a chance they take for wanting an inaugural cruise! Personally, I would take the chance of booking an inaugural-too many "ifs".

I realize that you haven't cruised before and I'm hoping that your first cruise goes well. You have got to relax and understand that in the cruising world, things happen that you will have no control over. Ports will be missed, weather will be horrible, noisy kids will be on board, old people will be on board and a whole laundry list of unforeseen events can happen. fortunately, they don't happen often but when they do it surely is disappointing. Don't sweat the small stuff.:)

It's a chance they take for wanting an inaugural cruise! Personally, I would take the chance of booking an inaugural-too many "ifs".

I realize that you haven't cruised before and I'm hoping that your first cruise goes well. You have got to relax and understand that in the cruising world, things happen that you will have no control over. Ports will be missed, weather will be horrible, noisy kids will be on board, old people will be on board and a whole laundry list of unforeseen events can happen. fortunately, they don't happen often but when they do it surely is disappointing. Don't sweat the small stuff.:)

Old people will be on board:eek:

Donna...thanks for your reply, its no sweat for us as we are booked on the 29th...unless something goes wrong that is...:eek: i was just pointing out that for me/ us it would have been dissapointing to have booked at what appears to be a higher price for the Inaugural cruise then have it taken away! and for anyone traveling from this side of the pond the chances are that they would not be able to move to the new date due to work, re arranging time off, flights etc.

Old people on board surely not....:rolleyes: Kids on board..well yes two will be the Grandchildren lol...:D

Watch who you are calling old cheeky...:p 51 isnt old !!

Archived