Internet in Alaska Ports??

neverthought

Help...somewhere on CC (search is down again) I read that you can purchase internet use, which than can be used in any port in Alaska. I have searched most of the previous threads I have read and cannot for the life of me find it. Did any one mention it in their review or anywhere? Budgetqueen,Alaskadude,...anyone???:confused:

Help...somewhere on CC (search is down again) I read that you can purchase internet use, which than can be used in any port in Alaska. I have searched most of the previous threads I have read and cannot for the life of me find it. Did any one mention it in their review or anywhere? Budgetqueen,Alaskadude,...anyone???:confused:

CyberSeaport is one:

http://www.seaportel.com/internet.htm

There is also "Soapy's Stations" in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. But don't know whether they are a chain or independently owned.

The 'Search' being down is a bummer, at times. However, it can't rain on our parade.

Only three responses were received to my post, but there is something out there (although it won't help us on our itinerary). We will probably use dockside Internet cafes in each port and not worry about the multi-port card.

Enjoy! We certainly are looking forward to May 16 R/T from Seattle!:D

Although the general search function is not working, you can search within a forum. At the top of the Alaska forum I clicked on "search forum" and got back 10 pages when I searched for "internet". My guess is the post the OP is looking for is somewhere in those ten pages.

Thanks to all that answered, I think that either Soapy's stations or the Seaportel will work and they both sound like what I read previously. Oh Jer l, I tried the search w/i this thread and it came up as error file to large, but thanks for the info. Dance2nite be sure and let us know how your cruise went, we leave 5/25.

WooooHooooo can't wait! Thanks again everyone.

Neverthought

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think this is the link that you are looking for.

It talks about a $5 card that will work at the cafe in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=203220&highlight=internet+cafe

Good luck, we leave in a little over a week, so I was looking for this info for my 16 yr old DD to get an msn fix for bit in Skagway since we have some time there.

There's a wonderful little internet cafe in Anchorage called Dark Horse Coffee House. It was about three blocks from the Marriott downtown, I think maybe on F Street. We just loved the place. It was very friendly and reasonably priced.

Hi

I think this is the link that you are looking for.

It talks about a $5 card that will work at the cafe in Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=203220&highlight=internet+cafe

Good luck, we leave in a little over a week, so I was looking for this info for my 16 yr old DD to get an msn fix for bit in Skagway since we have some time there.

It is impossible to know what will be open in Juneau with the power grid crisis going on. At the very least expect a massive increase in prices. Some shop owners are reporting that they can't bring in seasonal help because the cost of living in Juneau is so high now.

Please report in when you get home.

We were able to access the internet in Anchorage, Healy, Fairbanks and Seward through the hotel's computers. Charges were reasonable, and much cheaper than cruise ships. It seemed like several places offered it. This was last September.

Archived