Orient Beach

Well said beachchick and wvufan!

Goes to show you beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The human body is beautiful and if any of you think that your bod is going to look any different when you are 80...sham on you. I just pray that when I am 80 I can still swim in the ocean and walk the beach, who cares what I am wearing.:D When you have lived your life who needs lycra!! (plus then you don't get sand trapped in those special areas:eek: )

Put the camera away! You are invading their privacy just for your enjoyment.

Orient beach is awesome! You will enjoy it. If you have kids don't worry because kids for some reason hardly even notice (the nudity) and they certainly don't react the way adults do.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/photos2005/SmallOrientPanorama.htm

Orient Beach is a very long beach with many different sections (see map above). You'd have to specify where you want to go. I don't know which sections are open to the public vs private for the hotels / condos, as we've only ever been to Boo Boo Jam. Most of the cruise lines' shore excursions take you to Boo Boo Jam which has a restaurant, bar, bit of shopping (mostly beach coverup stuff - mildly pushy staff in the booths, but not bad), some primitive showers in changeroom cubicles, chair / umbrella rentals, and a kiddie play structure next to the parking lot. Oh, and a great beach of course! Most of the folks up that far cover up, but we've seen topless walkers each time we've been.

From your panorama, we got to the left of Kon Tiki and get good deals for an umbrella, chair and drink from one of the 9 small places. (this is to the right of Kon Tiki when you are facinig ocean) Think the last 2 times, we went to Fiesta Mexicana, which was the first of these small places. Some of the cruise ship trips go to Bikini Beach.

One of the posters mentioned that the naturists (or naturalists) are only in one section of the beach and it is marked as that. That is true for where they sit. However, some DO walk up and down the entire span of the beach so you do see totally nude people walking by from time to time. Last time we were there, there were quite a few who walked past us and believe me, we were not on their designated area of the beach! Whether or not they looked good is another story. I don't comment on other peoples' looks since beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

From your panorama, we got to the left of Kon Tiki and get good deals for an umbrella, chair and drink from one of the 9 small places. (this is to the right of Kon Tiki when you are facinig ocean) Think the last 2 times, we went to Fiesta Mexicana, which was the first of these small places. Some of the cruise ship trips go to Bikini Beach.

Some of the cab drivers want to take you way up on the beach. We made him come back and drop us off at Bikini Beach Bar. For $16 we got 2 loungers, umbrella, table and 2 drinks of our choice. Nicest people. Waverunners right there which was great as we had decided to do that this trip. Bathroom was small by fine. Little gift shop inside. Did not eat, but really had a great time there. We have been to Orient many times (actually stayed there a whole week in 2005), and never get sick of it. Just a great beach, most comfy loungers for sunbathing ever, best people watching place around. Go and enjoy!!

For us last month, it was about a 30 minute ride. Very interesting- all 2 lane roads, and thru neighborhoods, farms, city streets, mountains, etc. Just the 2 of us going from pier to beach (Bikini) was about $ 15.00pp. Coming back to the pier, with a full van (12 people) was $ 6.00 pp.

It was beautiful, and DEFINITELY worth the trip.

• 5 months later...
Would I be correct in saying that I should not expect to see topless sunbathing at either Labadee, Ocho Rios, Georgetown of Cozumel?

No. It is not likely in Georgetown. I don't know about Ocho Rios. I have seen it at Labadee and Cozumel.

No. It is not likely in Georgetown. I don't know about Ocho Rios. I have seen it at Labadee and Cozumel.
Thank you. I'm traveling with my wife 15 year old daughter and 13 year son. On one of the excursion days I was thinking of letting them get some extra time on the flowrider. We travel a lot, but this is only our second cruise so the kids really want to get the most out of the ship.

Which of these days would you say would be a good day for them to remain on board?

Thank you. I'm traveling with my wife 15 year old daughter and 13 year son. On one of the excursion days I was thinking of letting them get some extra time on the flowrider. We travel a lot, but this is only our second cruise so the kids really want to get the most out of the ship.

Which of these days would you say would be a good day for them to remain on board?

I'm not going to make a value judgment. It is more likely that you will see someone topless on Cozumel than Labadee. That said, you decide which is the best day to leave the kids on the ship.

I'm not going to make a value judgment. It is more likely that you will see someone topless on Cozumel than Labadee. That said, you decide which is the best day to leave the kids on the ship.

Thank you for the info. I guess we'll just play it by ear and make the call at that time.

Archived