All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I don't think DD brought hers home.....but I will dig through and check.

Thank you so much for looking. I appreciate your time. :)

If your daughter has any thoughts about the cruise, I'm sure my son would love to hear them.

Did you hit Flowrider again? :D

Don't worry about DH dressing up. My DH HATES dressing up. On the first formal night,(Monday) he wore dress pant, and a button down shirt. On the 2nd formal night, (Thursday) we went to CHOPS. There he wore dress pants and a Tommy Bahama type shirt. You will see men in tuxes.....but you will also see men in just nice pants and shirts. Don't worry about DH. He will be fine....as long as he isn't in shorts or jeans. (But I did see a few of those too!)

I will TRY and get my son to scan and post the 6/12-6/28 western compasses.

Thank you so much tchrmom!!! also, thanks for the support re: hubby. I feel better now.:)

Is the BR any good? I haven't heard anyone speak about it or give reviews...

It's something my dh wanted to see, but we have no clue from past guests about if it's good or bad? What are the costs???

Anyway, if any past cruisers know I would greatly appreciate any feedback!! :D

On DCL, before meals, embarking, entering the kids' clubs, really ANYTHING, they gave you a Hand Sanitizing wipe that was mandatory to use (to help prevent on-board illness). Do they do a similar practice on FOS?

Short answer is no. They have dispensers for sanitizing lotion at the entry to every eatery, but no one makes you use them. They don't make you do it upon re-boarding the ship either. It is all at your discretion. We just got off yesterday, so, this is how it was last week at least.

Short answer is no. They have dispensers for sanitizing lotion at the entry to every eatery, but no one makes you use them. They don't make you do it upon re-boarding the ship either. It is all at your discretion. We just got off yesterday, so, this is how it was last week at least.

That is how it was for us too.........every eating venue has a Purell automatic dispenser at it. Almost everyone I saw used them. We also had mini Purell bottles that has rubber straps on them, I had everyone in our family hook one of these on his/her lanyard to use periodically during the day.

I am having the hardest time dealing with RCI's representatives. They as well as their site is quite vague. I felt as if I needed to squeeze the info out of these people. I hear people taliking about white nights, themed nights and so forth.

Can anyone post a recent Western Compass so that I can have an idea of how to plan. We will be cruisng on July 19th and was wondering how to plan our attire, reservations to Chops, Portofino and any themed events. I just want to have the option because hubby is almost refusing to dress up at all and I am sadly looking at a lot of Windjammer dinners on board. He may agree to a night or two of dressing up.Please help me. If anyone could post the compasses or give me more info on what happens each night on the Western that would be great. I would be happy with at least one formal dinner and hopefully I can try some lobster while on board.

Thank you all so much!!!!

Terry........I will send you an email with the compasses attached. I need your email address. Can you add it to your profile?

After reading the bad reviews for the Radison, I thought I'd give my two cents on where we stayed for our pre-cruise day. We drove and arrived mid-day at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach (about 6 minutes drive from the port with no traffic). We didn't leave our car there, but there seems to be a lot of parking available to do so. I also saw the shuttle picking up people for the different cruise lines. I didn't inquire about leaving the car as we already decided to park at the pier. The pool was great, very clean and you could walk down to the beach too. There were lots of places to eat nearby and was close top Ron Jons. Though not new, rooms were clean and there is a nice bar on site just inside from the pool. No free morning coffee though, I had to pay a dollar for a cup at the bar.:(

Do you have the compass yet? If so, my e-mail is cruise_addicts at hotmail dot com I REALLY appreciate you taking the time for this.

Caterine.......I'm trying to scan/send the first one now......let me know if you get it.

Fran

Our 3 cents (inflation:p) on the Radisson:

We have stayed there 5 times and have always been satisfied. It seems like a lot of the negative feedback is regarding the shuttle (see below).

Only once did we have a standard room - the rest were in a whirlpool suite because we had 6 in our party. We got a roll away bed (no charge) and we were one big, happy, but a bit crowded, family. Our rooms have always been clean and insect free.

We do like the pool area, but agree that it could use a little renovation these days. It is not "run down" by any means.

We do NOT book the Park-n-Cruise (or whatever they call it now) package. You can go to the Radisson web site and book ANY room at the LOWEST rate and you can park for free and ride the shuttle (if you want to:confused:). The "package deal" is just another way to make a few extra $$ for Radisson.

We have never used their shuttle. We are happy to save the money for parking, which about covers the cost of the room, but the shuttle hassle is just not worth it. The very first time we were there the shuttle was booked until late afternoon, so the front desk gave us a card for a local cab company (Yellow Cab) - still have the card. It was $2 per person to the port - $12 for our group of 6, plus a tip. We called the evening before sailing & set up pick up time (use the side entrance near the convention center AWAY from the shuttle zoo) and the cab was right on time. We were on board drinking at the pool bar by 11:30AM. It may cost $3 per person now, but it is well worth it.

We called the cab company after clearing customs and they picked us up right in front of the terminal for the ride back over to the Radisson. Same price per person.

We like the Radisson and will stay there again. We also like the cab company - very reliable.

can you please send the number for the cab company? my email is capsfan2 at hotmail dot com ... I really would appreciate it!!

Hey, I can just post it here for anyone that is interested. The company is Yellow Cab:

(321) 636-1234

We usually call the evening before and set a time for pick up. We find that 10:00 - 10:30 is about as early as you want to go. Even then you may have a wait but you will be at the front of the lines when boarding starts.

Tell them how many in your party and how much luggage. They have everything from sedans to passenger vans and will send the right size for you.

Have them meet you in front of the convention center. It is attached to the hotel by a breezeway, so you have a covered area to wait in. Also, this is on the same side of the hotel as the cruise parking. We drop our bags in the breezeway and leave the group there while I park the car and walk back over. They can drop you at the same spot after your cruise.

Thank you so much for looking. I appreciate your time. :)

If your daughter has any thoughts about the cruise, I'm sure my son would love to hear them.

Did you hit Flowrider again? :D

Kelly, my daughter, says make sure you go to the meet and greet the first night! Everyone is looking for a friend!!!!!!

Some of the daytime activities are kind of boring.....but the teen activities at night, like flowrider.....pool party.....dance party are fun.

Come prepared with a swim suit on embarkation day.....you can try Flowrider when everyone is too scared, and the line is short. Just carry it on with you, since you may not get your luggage right away.

And...YES! I did flowride! It is such a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tchrmom

Hi. Our "meet group" is looking for a place to meet on embarkation day so we can say hi face-to-face without having to wait until our Meet and Mingle time. Anyone have a suggestion for a good place to meet either before the muster-drill or for sailaway? There are probably 40 or more of us.

Thanks.

Hi. Our "meet group" is looking for a place to meet on embarkation day so we can say hi face-to-face without having to wait until our Meet and Mingle time. Anyone have a suggestion for a good place to meet either before the muster-drill or for sailaway? There are probably 40 or more of us.

Thanks.

Last year.....our meet and mingle group met in the Schooner Bar before sailing. It is easy to find, and then you don't have to worry about the weather. I think we met before the muster drill.......just so we could put faces with names before the ship actually sailed.