All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We did and I loved it! We just sat back and let our driver do everything. Only thing we had t worry about was which drink to get.

David was our driver and so knowledgable about this beautiful island. I learned so much about her! (probably MORE than I wanted to know)

You don't get all that info with a taxi driver or on your own. It seemed like everyone on the island knew Bernard and were overly accepting and nice to us. I would do his tour again and again! Of course the best part was Maho Beach!

thank you flopthis !!! i am so excited to do his tour after hearing so many great reviews !!! did you do any snorkeling ?? is a beach stop part of the tour (besides Maho Beach?? )

I won't be on FOS Eastern for close to a year, but my mind is actively planning.:):) Another friend of mine told me about Bernard's so I was already considering it. It sounds like you get to see quite a few things on the island.

I have to ask...was Orient Beach awkward? My husband already said he's keeping his swim trunks on, lol.

I loved your pictures, from both the link and the ones from formal night. Being goofy is much more fun than being serious!!

thank you flopthis !!! i am so excited to do his tour after hearing so many great reviews !!! did you do any snorkeling ?? is a beach stop part of the tour (besides Maho Beach?? )

To answer both your questions-

Orient Beach is one stop that is planned for 2 hours. Maho Beach was planned for about 30-45 minutes.

Not much snorkeling at either place. There isn't and coral there. Just the prettiest beaches that I've ever seen!!!

The nudity was awkward because my 7 and 9 yr old was with me. I'm a nurse- so I've seen about everything. Nothing grosses me out.

I would keep an eye out and if someone was headed our way, I'd tell them to look away or close their eyes. (Some ladies there didn't seem to care that we were on the CLOTHING side- they still walked around topless)

To answer both your questions-

Orient Beach is one stop that is planned for 2 hours. Maho Beach was planned for about 30-45 minutes.

Not much snorkeling at either place. There isn't and coral there. Just the prettiest beaches that I've ever seen!!!

The nudity was awkward because my 7 and 9 yr old was with me. I'm a nurse- so I've seen about everything. Nothing grosses me out.

I would keep an eye out and if someone was headed our way, I'd tell them to look away or close their eyes. (Some ladies there didn't seem to care that we were on the CLOTHING side- they still walked around topless)

It appeared to us as though going topless was acceptable anywhere on Orient with total nudity just on the one half.

• 2 weeks later...

We are cruising on Freedom of Seas may 27th. Had a question about the dress code for children. On regular nights, my boys will be wearing dress pants and a collared shirt. On formal nights, is a dress shirt/tie and pants acceptable or do they also need a sports coat?

For W. Caribbean: Does anyone know if/when we change time zones on the ship? I know that in Grand Cayman we don't change times (even though technically we're in a different time zone) but what about Cozumel?

Actually, I've had it both ways...depends on the Captain. Rest assured they make announcements about whether to stay on ship's time. Most of the time it has been to stay on ship time.

We are cruising on Freedom of Seas may 27th. Had a question about the dress code for children. On regular nights, my boys will be wearing dress pants and a collared shirt. On formal nights, is a dress shirt/tie and pants acceptable or do they also need a sports coat?

On casual nights jeens and a tshirt would work. On formal nights dress shirt dress pants. Tho I have never seen anyone get kicked out of the MDR for not being dressed formaly. Chops on the other hand will enforce a dress code.

IMO Manners matter more than dress.

My DS wears dress pants and dress shirt on formal night, no tie, he was fine. He does not own a sport coat and would not keep it on for long anyway so whats the point.

On other nights he tends to wear dress shorts and polos. He looks nice and no one has ever looked twice.

IMO kids get a pass on dress code. I would rather have a happy comfy boy than and uncomfortable, whinny boy.

His sister has more dressed than days so she makes up for him :-)

Perfect! Try not to worry too much. I worried so much that DH got really upset. It took some joy away from the cruise planning. the Formal nights are the nights for pictures, so think what you want your family pics in. I am not good at matching eveyone up. Some people are better at that.

You did not say what age your boys are, but you dont have to take them to MDR. You can feed them, then take them to AO and drop them off and you two can have a nice quiet dinner.

Just dont wear shorts and you are good to go. You may find that you dont do MDR every night. I think it was cozumel, but we got on the ship AFTER our 6pm dinner time. We showered and went straight to the WJ. Our waiter the next night told us that we should have come late. Huh? Didnt quite understand? It is your vacation and you are forking the cash over, so RCI is very flexible

IMO Manners matter more than dress.

My DS wears dress pants and dress shirt on formal night, no tie, he was fine. He does not own a sport coat and would not keep it on for long anyway so whats the point.

On other nights he tends to wear dress shorts and polos. He looks nice and no one has ever looked twice.

IMO kids get a pass on dress code. I would rather have a happy comfy boy than and uncomfortable, whinny boy.

His sister has more dressed than days so she makes up for him :-)

I am actually with you. The style right now IS the dress shorts. Little boys are wearing the dress shorts to outdoors weddings in the summer. I live in South Texas and it is HOT. We put our little boys in dress shorts. I think little boys are fine in dress shorts. My DS wore navy chinos and Abercrombie shirt.

Does anyone have info about the spa onboard? We just did a wonderful couples massage on the Disney Magic and have now added this to our "must do" on any cruise.....

Thank you!

I am pretty confident that all spas have a couples massage. I think Voyager and Freedom Class ships (not sure though) may also offer the couples mud treatment where you get a room, lots of mud and a shower for just the two of you.

We laughed and said next time we'll do individual massages though.... the room was so tiny that the two gals kept bumping into each other (or it sounded like it! lol) and they were squeezing between the two tables..... plus I was just waiting for DH to start snoring....

But definitely a massage is a must do for us now (either alone or together)!

We laughed and said next time we'll do individual massages though.... the room was so tiny that the two gals kept bumping into each other (or it sounded like it! lol) and they were squeezing between the two tables..... plus I was just waiting for DH to start snoring....

But definitely a massage is a must do for us now (either alone or together)!

For me, the massages are way overpriced....just get a massage envy membership...it's cheaper and you can get one every month. On Freedom, I'll go for the hot shave with a nice arm/hand massage....tell your husband. He won't have to shave for like 3 days hehe

For me, the massages are way overpriced....just get a massage envy membership...it's cheaper and you can get one every month. On Freedom, I'll go for the hot shave with a nice arm/hand massage....tell your husband. He won't have to shave for like 3 days hehe

Funny you mentioned the shave.... we did the Magic's spa tour and they really pushed it and he thought it sounded ridiculous but I thought he'd love it..... Yes, we are hitting spa envy this weekend, now that we've discovered that winning the lottery will also mean getting our own personal Sven as our live in masseuse! :D

Does anyone have any recent Eastern Cuise compasses? Basicly I am looking for the hours of Kids club around dinner and the Hours of WJ. On our last cruise we could not make our Chops reservation cause the kids club or WJ were not open...can not remember which one. I want to plan better this cruise.

I am pretty sure formal night is day 2 and 6 right?

Is the Lobster dinner served on Day 6? My DS can eat his weight in lobster he can not wait. :-)

Thanks for the help.

Does anyone have any recent Eastern Cuise compasses? Basicly I am looking for the hours of Kids club around dinner and the Hours of WJ. On our last cruise we could not make our Chops reservation cause the kids club or WJ were not open...can not remember which one. I want to plan better this cruise.

I am pretty sure formal night is day 2 and 6 right?

Is the Lobster dinner served on Day 6? My DS can eat his weight in lobster he can not wait. :-)

Thanks for the help.

Here is a link that has EVERYTHING scanned:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cbd6a1a698c70d1&id=1CBD6A1A698C70D1%21298

Note that the adventure ocean times change daily!

And yes-lobster on the 2nd formal night.

I am pretty confident that all spas have a couples massage. I think Voyager and Freedom Class ships (not sure though) may also offer the couples mud treatment where you get a room, lots of mud and a shower for just the two of you.

They do, I recommend the bamboo deep tissue one.

Hi Flopthis. We are also on Eastern cruise next month. Do you recall which nights are formal? We want to go to specialty restaurants, but not on formal nights.

Thanks so much!!

Monday and Friday

If I had to do it all over again---I'd say day 4 and 5 were lacking that umph in the MDR. That's when I'd go to a specialty restaurant.

Monday and Friday

If I had to do it all over again---I'd say day 4 and 5 were lacking that umph in the MDR. That's when I'd go to a specialty restaurant.

Very good to know.... why did you feel this way? I've heard the Italian menu is one of the best, was that one of these two nights?

Very good to know.... why did you feel this way? I've heard the Italian menu is one of the best, was that one of these two nights?

By the 4th night--I had the steak, the chicken, the pasta, etc. and felt it was missing that "WOW- I HAVE to try that" factor. I remember the day that we were in St. Thomas I ordered the Filet for an upcharge of $14.95---that was REALLY good.

btw- try all of the chilled soups. They are sooooo good!