Soda at Dinner for Children

Lewski709

I have heard several conflicting stories....soda is extra, soda at dinner for kids is included. Can someone who has gone with a child that ordered a soda confirm or deny the charge or no charge rumors?

TIA :p

Soda is extra anywhere and anytime on all the cruises I've been at. It seems to be a high demand product among the cruise crowd and very lucrative high margin business for the cruise.

For a treat on "formal" nights we let ours get soda, but all you can drink, no way! Don't allow it at home and same rules on vacation. A bad habit to start at such a young age. No wonder for obesity and diabeties rampat in our society :(

On the mass market lines, you'll pay for soda no matter where you get it. The only beverages for kids that are free in the dining room are juices, milk and water. On most ships, if you order certain juices in the lounges/bars, they are not free. On most of the mass markets, you can purchase a soda card that allows unlimited fountain drinks, even in the dining room. On lines like Crystal, Regent and Seabourn, all soft drinks and bottled water are included in the price of the cruise.

I have heard several conflicting stories....soda is extra, soda at dinner for kids is included. Can someone who has gone with a child that ordered a soda confirm or deny the charge or no charge rumors?

TIA :p

On our '04 Carnival cruise, soda was free for children in the dining room. But a year or two ago they changed that and now there is a charge for soda (whether its on your pre-paid soda card or your Sail & Sign card).

Soda is extra anywhere and anytime on all the cruises I've been at. It seems to be a high demand product among the cruise crowd and very lucrative high margin business for the cruise.

For a treat on "formal" nights we let ours get soda, but all you can drink, no way! Don't allow it at home and same rules on vacation. A bad habit to start at such a young age. No wonder for obesity and diabeties rampat in our society :(

Who said anything about all you can drink? I just asked about getting a soda at dinner. Geesh. I was going to allow it then as their soda treat for the day. :cool:

On our '04 Carnival cruise, soda was free for children in the dining room. But a year or two ago they changed that and now there is a charge for soda (whether its on your pre-paid soda card or your Sail & Sign card).

Thank you very much! :D

Extra charge for Soda at Dining room even if already bought the soda card? (Carnival line)

No, once you have a soda card, there is no charge in the dining room for soda. The OP was asking if the kids needed a soda card at all. A few years ago Carnival would give free soda to kids in the DR. Not anymore. They need the soda card now.

We got our kids chocolate milk with dinner for free on Carnival...they didn't ever ask for pop since there was lemonade, juice, punch, hot chocolate, ice water, they were more than happy. I always let them get a fun dessert - lots of opportunities for treats. However - at a Camp Carnival kids party they gave the children Coke, and my DD (6) had never had that before, as I don't allow caffeine. She came back after the party and asked if it was o.k. that she had some at Camp. I said it was fine, but now she asks for it at home and I say no way. Camp was way more fun than mom!:p

Wow, Lewski709. You had better think twice about giving your kids soda. It's going to cost you, even in the dinning room But worse yet, they're going to be obese and have diabeties! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Maybe the government or court system will step in to help and ban soda for kids.

Wow, Lewski709. You had better think twice about giving your kids soda. It's going to cost you, even in the dinning room But worse yet, they're going to be obese and have diabeties! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Maybe the government or court system will step in to help and ban soda for kids.

Oh, should add that on top of being obese and having diabeties, they aren't going to have any teeth either. ;)

Archived