WOW - HIGH Airfare

ladyjane550

I noticed today that Celebrity has increased their airfare by $170.00. Should of booked it when I booked the cruise. Hopefully I will be able to afford the air to get to the ship. It will probably cost as much as the cruise.

I noticed today that Celebrity has increased their airfare by $170.00. Should of booked it when I booked the cruise. Hopefully I will be able to afford the air to get to the ship. It will probably cost as much as the cruise.

This is the result of high cost of oil these days. Have you looked into booking your own airfare......you can usually do it cheaper on your own...;)

This is the result of high cost of oil these days. Have you looked into booking your own airfare......you can usually do it cheaper on your own...;)

Yes I thought this also for the 1/18/09 New Zealand/Aussie cruise, and last week found decent prices...which jumped $1000 since then...and is economy too, like the lines airfare. Will definitely do the lines air, tho I usually don't!

Sometimes airfare changes for no reason on the airline websites. Some days it is up and somedays down. Last year I booked the flight in August or September for the early December NZ/AUS cruise. I actually had a much better price than many who booked far out. Normally that seems to be the case. However, the air was still far more than the cruise because inside cabins dropped so much for the l4 night cruise.

I booked a fare to Europe-Copenhagen early February, and I wish I had waited a month, but oh well....It is a gambling game. I will probably book air in August for next Christmas.

I never saw the perk of booking with the cruiseline ( even though I know sometimes there are..i.e group rates...i much prefer doing my own research and taking control of that. I highly suggest kayak also, they do a comparison amongst the airlines automatically...oh and also cheaptickets, i went from northdakota to mississippi to cali back to northdakota for $560 with less then 2 weeks notice..regulary that ticket would of cost $1260! Good Luck

The only time I have ever booked airfare with the cruise line was when they were offering a free airfare deal. Otherwise I have always booked myself and I have always saved money over what the cruise line charges. Plus, I get to pick and choice my dates, flights, airports, seats etc, without having to deal with cruise line customer service.

As has been previously stated, there is no reason to book air through the cruiseline unless they are offering a super deal. Even then, you have no control over your flights and connections. I always book my own-usually less expensive and better routing.:)

Six of us booked our own air on Delta for our Sept. cruise, Non stop from Atlanta to Barcelona for $873 per person. We also got the seats and exact flights we wanted this way. We included the cost in our X trip insurance policy and bought ship transfers from airport to the cruise terminal. X wanted $1456 per person for same air Itinnerrary which incuded the extra $75 to guarrantee the flights. The six of us saved a total of almost $3500 in air costs.:eek: :eek:

Normally I always book our own air & for the sake of not having to worry to much we fly in the day before. But I have a TA & could not get any flights cheaper then what the cruiseline had offered with the one way from copenhagen back to the u.S..

Normally I book my own air, but when we were looking at transatlantics it seemed that we cannot beat X's price. I priced flights through Air Canada (Toronto-Rome, San Juan-Toronto) at $2200 :eek: each, and X is offering $700 each.

Archived