DFW a Mess Today

Gecko7

If you are traveling through DFW over the next few days, please check with AA or other carrier. A large storm has impacted DFW and well over 300 flights have been cancelled today alone:eek: . this will likely bleed into the next copule of days.

CALL AHEAD,

Gecko7:)

Kansas City, Houston and O'Hare are also experiencing delays-all a result of a wide swath of thunderstorms moving in an East/NorthEast direction.

This is probably the best site for airline delay info: Show both problems at originating airports and problems flying from the originating airports into destination or connecting airports.

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp

Our local news reported that several flights bound for DFW were diverted here to Little Rock. They reported over 600 passengers were on those planes. This included a US Air flight from DCA to DFW. Long day for those passengers as it departed DCA at 8:25 am and is now scheduled to get to DFW at 5:40pm.

If travelling on AA you might want to seek alternate routings if you are just transferring through DFW. ORD & STL are good alternatives. Also look for intermediary cities that are not traditional connecting points to get from Point A to Point B via Point C.

ORD is not a good option to avoid the DFW mess. Since before mid-day today, there have been oodles of passengers stranded at ORD ... some for the next 2 days. When there's a burp somewhere in the system, delays and cancels spread to other cities.

ORD & STL might NOT be good alternatives as the storm system that affected DFW today is also affecting those 2 airports, as well as Kansas City and Houston.

I still have an employee at MCI. He has been there since 9:00 this morning. I am trying to get him to LA. Flights to ORD were backed up and no availability out of MCI. If he doesn't get out on the 6:40 flight to DFW and then on to LAX, I told him to buy a nonstop ticket on Midwest Airlines. Know absolutely nothing about the airline, but they have an 8:00PM nonstop. A food show starts Thursday and he is needed to make sure that the booths are set up properly and that our truck unloads ONLY as much as is needed for the show. Truck will actually now beat him to LA.

Such is life!!!

greatam, I've heard good things about Midwest so hopefully that will work out for your employee. Since it's almost 8pm now hopefully he got out.

Hope he's on the plane. Haven't heard from him since about 5:30 KC time. So he had money on his Com Check card to buy the Midwest ticket. I sure hope he doesn't call about midnight and let me know he is at Motel 6 by he airport. I will be really PO'd. But he has only been on three flights in his life, so this is a whole new experience for him. He is actually my assistant shop person. He volunteered and I figured his mechanical skills would help get the booths together and everything moved in place. Keep your fingers crossed.

Archived