Email

R&R sail again

We are sailing on the Volendam this weekend. I usually do not bother with email, etc, but because of circumstances at home may this time. I would have to use equipment on ship. Would I be able to access my AOL email account? What is the lowest amount of time I could get? I usually do my research pretty good, but did not plan for this so would appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.

Yes, you can access your AOL from the ship's computers. I do it every cruise.

You can pay by the minute; buy a 100 minute package for $55 plus one time start up charge of $3.95 or a package of 250 minutes for $100 and the same start up charge.

The smallest package you can buy is 100 minutes for $55. Otherwise, you pay for each minute used. Keep in mind the price per minute without a package is $.75 and it goes down quite a bit with the 100 minute package & down more with the 250 minute package.

Sue/WDW1972

Veendam 4/06/08

You can always go to an internet cafe ashore. They are quite common all over the Caribbean. Ask any of the dining/cabin stewards. They usually can tell you where there is a cafe near where the ship docks.

The computers on the ships can be quite slow so 100 minutes is not really as much as it sounds. Sometimes they are faster than other times.

By the minute can get very costly.

Archived