What Type Room

fleeflicker

I know it is just an opinion thing but I would love to get some of the experts opinion if I could. We will be on the freedom next spring and there is a group of 4. The ages are 36, 30, 11, and 9 months. What type room would you recommend for us. Thanks for any suggestions you may be able to give.

IF it's in the budget, try to get a JS (Junior Suite) on Freedom of the Seas. With the JS you'll get a bathtub, walk in closet, 2 cruise credits and Priority Embarkation (less wait time in the terminal)

Since you have the baby, at least try to get a balcony. Then you can let the baby sleep and you don't need to tiptoe around the cabin. You can just head outside.

On Freedom, the balconies are D1, D2, E1 and E2 categories...BUT they have showers, not bathtubs and are smaller than a JS.

On Freedom we had a Grand Suite (1298) and that was awesome! More than enough room. But for Liberty we were planning to go back to a JS because we didn't need/use the concierge lounge (included with the GS and above)

Thanks, so is there much difference between a grand suite and the junior suite? The concierge I know but what about other perks?

Other perks we got staying in the GS over the JS...

The concierge contacted us 2 weeks before sailing and asked what spa, dinner and excursion reservations we wanted to make. He also emailed me a spa menu.

When we walked into our suite there was a bottle of Korbel, a bottle of Evian and a basket of fruit. There were also ice skating tickets already in a folder waiting for us.

GS has robes (but from what I can tell, you can ask for them in any cabin and get them)

GS has surround sound. :D

GS has a bigger balcony

I keep seeing that GS gets priority tendering and debarkation, we didn't get that back in April 07

GS gets petifores and canapes delivered to the cabin on some nights

GS and all above suites get a separate concierge lounge on Deck 10...not the Diamond Club on Deck 14. CL has breakfast items and complimentary cocktails in the evening

GS gets personalized stationery and invitations to special parties

Pillow Menu

GS has a full queen sized bed and a couch that fold out into a full bed that easily sleeps 2 children.

Now, the downside - with the GS, we never had time to use the CL...lol. If we wanted fruit, I could have gotten it at the WJ. ;) And in the suite, the tip rate is higher, so the tips are $12 per person per day and that includes the children.

So unless you truly want all of the extras, the $1,000-$2,000 more you'll pay for the GS just isn't always worth it. :)

Thanks so much, I appreciate your response and help. Do you think there will be enough room in a js for a crib or pack and play? Second I am a country boy so could you please put in english what, petifores and canapes are? I am looking at april 26 2009 on the freedom and they are showing no suite available

LOL...well these are petifores (little cakes)

petit_fours.jpg

And this is the funniest picture I have ever seen about Canapes

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1180387127053246929QTUkCr

And you're right about April 26th...I wonder what's going on during that date. They are all booked for every suite, balconies and under is all that's available :confused:

I think I just figured out the reason it's all booked, the Freedom is moving to PORT CANAVERAL!!!!!!!

There is a post on the RCCL main board about it. It was just in the news.

So the end of April *may* be one of the last cruises for FOS out of Miami.

Do you think the JS suite will be big enough for a crib? That is one of my dilemma's I don't want to be cramped for 7 days.

I know someone had a picture around here that showed the pack n play in the JS, I am wondering if it was Sas. I will look for it (the darn search feature is down though). So I may try web shots and see if I can find that category for you.

Archived