Limo in Rome or Rome in Limo Companies

We used Romeinlimo for both Rome, and Naples-went to Positano and Pompeii when docked in Naples, and did a tour of Rome with an additional guide at the Vatican, also booked with Romeinlimo. They are excellent, professional, did exactly what was promised and much more, and we recommended them to friends who were cruising a couple of months after we did-and they were ecstatic with the results as well. We took the advice of the boards, but then communicated with Jany quite a few times to nail down our specific wishes, which changed periodically--and Jany was great about all of it. I'm not a person who recommends easily-but in this case-it all was perfect. If you book, say hello to Rudino and Rosario if in fact you get them as drivers-I was the lady who was terrified of heights with the three sons and husband who just kept laughing. You'll be glad you booked them.

Rome in Limo has given us the absolute best tours we have every had. Duman took us thru Rome and his associate took us thru the Vatican. We also used them on the Amalfi Coast & Pompeii Tour and a Sicilly tour.:D

They are wonderful to work with and you get your money's worth with them for sure.

Wintermom-I think that's a great idea. If we are ever lucky enough to do Pompeii, I would hire a guide for sure. As someone said, working with Jany is so easy because she does all the work for you-you know exactly where the guide will be and you know exactly when you will be picked up by the driver. If all problems could be solved that easily:). All the best, Shelly

Hi wintermom! We used romeinlimo and hired a guide for Pompeii with them also. Our guide was Donato, and he was fantastic. He was so knowledgeable and passionate about Pompeii, he made our day. He knew which way the larger cruise ships tours were heading and avoided the crouds like the plague. He pointed out little thigs along the way that without a guide we would have just walked right on past. He gave us a great idea of the culture of Pompeii, history, and fun little humorous factoids. Pompeii is HUGE, without a guide we would have wandered around trying to figure out where on the map we were, what we wanted to see, and seeing only half as much. I feel if you go all that way, spend a little extra and really see it. I highly recommend it! :)

Hi Wintermom and See Princess, I would definately get a guide for Pompeii. I did not have one when I was there in 2006 and it is such a large property to do on your own I regret not having someone explain what I was looking at. If you book with RomeinLimo they can arrange a guide for you. I am returning to Rome this June and I have booked a guide for the Vatican Museums, St Peters and the Sistine Chapel. I understand the Vatican museums are extensive, so I did not want to make the same mistake again. Again I booked a tour of Rome with RomeinLimo and they are arranging a guide for my family.:D I highly recommend this company.

We have used RomeinLimo only when we have been cruising. Has anyone used their services other than from a cruise ship??? We are debating whether to cruise the Med. again in Spring '09 or take a land tour of Italy. Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Stefano from romecabs is such a sweetheart, I already feel like I have a dear friend in rome.

When I asked him about trying to locate my family in sicily he recommended Duman from romeinlimo and he too is amazing! He is going so over and above to help me find my family it is unbelievable. Neither is inexpensive but you get what you pay for. I feel it is money well spent rather than going on a big tour bus. Also both men would allow people to share tours.

Stefano can be reached at romecabs@yahoo.com and Duman at info@romeinlimo.com. I highly recommend each of them- they are so friendly and get back to you right away, I can't say enough good things about them. ciao Ann

We have used RomeinLimo only when we have been cruising. Has anyone used their services other than from a cruise ship??? We are debating whether to cruise the Med. again in Spring '09 or take a land tour of Italy. Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Hi-I can't imagine that anything would be different with their services. We have never done a land tour,but I'm sure their tour services would be of the same quality. Hope this answers your question! Shelly

We used them after our cruise and they were excellent! We saw the best places, ate the best food and gellato and had an amazing time! You should consider them again. :)

Thanks Bellagirl and Bsan1221 for the info. So if I choose just to park in one or two cities for a week, how does that work? They just pick you up at your hotel and off you go?? Anyone ever done any sort of evening in Rome tours with them?? That would be spectacular! Thanks in advance!

I think it is a nine hour tour. It is going to be Bob, Kit, Betty, Jack, Gloria, Armand and Debbie and Brian from our roll call. I think Debbie and Brian are looking to go in with someone for Florence if you need anyone else. They take up to 8 in the van. They sound very reliable that is why I chose them.

Bob and I are doing the Cinque Terre when we stop in Florence that is why I didn't book them for that and Betty and Jack are going with Shell from our Roll Call into Florence.

Kit

Thanks for all the info.

Kit, We have a minivan. With Tina we thought it would be better to just go with the four of us. We take more time getting in and out of the car. And if she gets tired we can adjust the trip. I have not confirmed what we want to see yet. Of course I want to see it all. I am glad I decided to spend the money and do an organized tour for Rome and Florence/Pisa. The more I thought about the train and trying to find everything, it just seemed like we would miss too much on our own. Hopefully Brian and Debbie will get a group together.

Connie

On Rome in Limo's website, it states that "having a guide booked for the Vatican Museum and Sistene Chapel does not mean you will avoid the line, however they will do their best to have you 'jump the line'". I would like to hear from posters about their experiences. What time did you arrive at the Vatican and did you have a long wait? Has anyone experienced such a long line that they were not able to go in? Thanks in advance.

On Rome in Limo's website, it states that "having a guide booked for the Vatican Museum and Sistene Chapel does not mean you will avoid the line, however they will do their best to have you 'jump the line'". I would like to hear from posters about their experiences. What time did you arrive at the Vatican and did you have a long wait? Has anyone experienced such a long line that they were not able to go in? Thanks in advance.

We went without a guide inside the museum and chapel. However, Duman took us to those places in the early afternoon. There were no lines at all. We went in directly, purchased our ticket, and went on our way and saw everything we wanted to see. Other people who went with other tour guides were in lines for a long time and lines wrap around the building.

If you go to the SeaDream Yacht Club board and scroll down to my October SeaDream I Italy review, this subject is addressed in some detail.

Jim.

Julia was our Rome in Limo guide for the Vatican. We got there about 30minutes before closing of the entrance, so the line was shorter but still wrapped around the building. She seemed to know everyone who works there and got us right in. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes from the time we got out of the car. She went up to the ticket booth, bought our tickets and we were on our way touring. She brought the place alive for us! An experience we will never forget and never would have gotten without her or Rome in Limo. (Francesco was our driver and he is amazing! A safe driver, loves his city, and has a quick wit to keep you entertained while learning as much as possible about the area.)

You can't go wrong. By the way, they know the tricks to getting into the colosseum quickly too. Julia helped us skip that massive line as well. She gave us more of the real Rome because we didn't waste time waiting in lines. She makes you feel like VIPs. No kidding!

For those with experience with Rome in Limo, where did they take you for lunch? How long was the lunch break?

Thanks for any info!

I don't remember the name of the restaurant they took us to but it was wonderful. The food was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable. The view was very nice in a courtyard and wasn't on some busy street. Afterwards Duman took us to get some gellato. I think we took about 1 1/2 hours. It was well worth it.

My wife and I will have only 2 days in Rome in May before flying to Venice for a cruise. We have never been to Rome before. Would you suggest booking someone like Rome In Limo for both days with guide or keeping one day on our own to just roam around.

Rome is actually one of the stops on our cruise. Should we book them for this day instead and be on our own when we arrive. Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Buckeye7! The reason I went to Italy was for the food and wine! :D We used RomeInLimo in Florence, Rome and Naples/Sorrento. Let's see, I don't have names of the places, probably someone in our group would remember, but they were all wonderful, and recommended by RomeInLimo. In Florence, we had a very nice leisurely lunch because there wasn't a whole lot we wanted to do in Florence, just sort of wander. In Rome we were on a tighter schedule. Duman took us to a little pizzeria where you could grab quick a slice or two and a beverage. That was a quicker lunch, although the best pizza I have ever had and really would like some more! In Sorrento, we had another leisurely lunch because we were at the lunch and shopping point of our day. Since none of us are die hard shoppers, we took longer with lunch. Knowing Romeinlimo, they will tailor you meals however you want. A quick on the run bite or a nice leisurely lunch. In any case, I sure the food will be spectacular! Hope this helps!

Hi-In answer to Buckeye 7's question, Duman took us to a cute little pizzeria near the Pantheon. It was delicious-thin crust and loaded with veggies,just the way I like it!!!! With lunch and the trip to the Pantheon,our excursion lasted about an hr. or so. Shelly

Francesco (our Rome in Limo driver) took us to a pizzaria the first day after asking what we would like. It was just outside the Vatican and was a very nice location with great pizza and service. The next day we went to a tradition Italian cafe (sorry can't remember the name, but it's probably the same one mentioned before b/c it was down a quiet street in a beautiful courtyard). The food was excellent here as well. We could take as little or as much time as we wished. We were ready for a nice lunch and wanted to try multiple items so we were there a while, but the food came out quickly so you could get in and out in less than 30min. if you are pressed for time. The next day, we asked Francesco to take us back to the pizzaria it was that wonderful. He also made stops for gelato when we wanted that.

I would recommend getting Rome In Limo the days before the cruise. A personal tour guide in addition to the driver for at least one day will make a huge difference when viewing inside of monuments. They explain what you are looking at and why it is significant and point out little known interesting facts we never would have discovered on our own. If you want a day for wondering around on your own, I would do that while your ship is in port. You will have already gotten a feel for the city and know exactly what you want to spend your time on instead of going into it blindly and possibly wasting time in line or getting lost.

Hope both of these answers help!

Archived