Time of disembarkation in New York.

RobertGraves

Hello all,

Considering a limo transfer from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to the JFK airport in April 6, I would like to ask you:

When do you estimate that we shall finish all processes of disembarkation and customs, and be ready to take the limo to the airport?

We have booked a B3 category balcony cabin on Deck 4.

Thank you in advance.

Assuming no delays in arrival, customs, etc 10-10:30am would probably be safe. Last month we came back on the QM2 to New York and we were the first group off after the luggage carrying folks (we had Queens Grill accomodations) and we got off at 8:45am. The big delay factor could be customs/immigration if they do not have sufficient staff on hand.

We arranged to have a car meet us in Brooklyn after a cruise on the QM2 and it worked out alright, however, next time I would just take a cab. There are plenty of taxi's available and it's much easier to grab your luggage and hail a taxi than flagging down your car.

Jonathan

Hiya!

Being on Deck 4, you will be disembarking at approx 10-10.30am...as it is a Caribbean Cruise, you will be doing immigration in St. Thomas...so just customs in NYC (so much easier!). Be prepared to be getting into a car no earlier than 11am, unless you choose self-help (register at the PO at any time during your voyage, and you can get off with all your luggage at 7.45 - 8.00).

So I could safely book a 12:30 flight out of JFK? We'll take a cab. We can sign up for the take our own luggage option if necessary.

This is for after a crossing, arriving NYC on July 2nd, a Wednesday.

Thanks,

Judy

Well, if you have a 12.30 flight, you'll want to be there by 11.30 at the latest. It takes about 45 mins to JFK from the terminal (in decent traffic), so that would require leaving pier at approx 10.30 (disembarking around 10.00)...I would go the self-help route, otherwise it's just going to be too tight.

Well, if you have a 12.30 flight, you'll want to be there by 11.30 at the latest. It takes about 45 mins to JFK from the terminal (in decent traffic), so that would require leaving pier at approx 10.30 (disembarking around 10.00)...I would go the self-help route, otherwise it's just going to be too tight.

Thanks for the info...I'll now book our flights!

Judy

Archived