Rented car to Singray City

kcparrothead

most of the stingray city excursions will either pick you up at the pier or are within walking distance. No need to drive over there and hope to jump on a boat, by the time they get to that side of the island the boats are pretty well booked.

You can't drive anywhere near SRC.

I know that - I've been there. Guess I should've explained better. Most of us have already done this excursion and would like to rent a car so we can go to Rum Point and Starfish Beach. Two in our group want to go to Stingray City so we were wondering if you could arrange to get on a boat at the launch area. I thought they might be able to save some money on transportation, and then we could all go over to Rum Pt. I guess I need to contact some companies and see if they would arrange something like this.

I know that - I've been there. Guess I should've explained better. Most of us have already done this excursion and would like to rent a car so we can go to Rum Point and Starfish Beach. Two in our group want to go to Stingray City so we were wondering if you could arrange to get on a boat at the launch area. I thought they might be able to save some money on transportation, and then we could all go over to Rum Pt.

OK, ha ha, that makes more sense.

I've never been to GC but from researching I know there's a company (Red Sail Sports maybe?) that has excursions from Rum Point.

Yup...Red Sail offers Stingray City excursions, but they're only at certain times and on certain days. Google "Red Sail Cayman" and you'll get their website...you'll want to phone or email and check times and dates.

BTW, Starfish Beach isn't quite the attraction people think it is, at least IMO. It's a beach by some vacant lots that are currently being cleared of underbrush, so it's not very picturesque in comparison to other areas. And, thanks to the tourists during the week and mobs of local visitors on the weekend, there's piles of garbage everywhere (or at least there were last week when we drove by to see what the heavy equipment was doing on the lots). Sure, there's lots of starfish, but they're pretty common on that side of the island, so you'd likely see some snorkelling over at Rum Point or walking around the cove area near Rum Point too. It's about a twenty minute walk from our house at Rum Point, and to me, it's not worth that twenty minute walk...it's not even worth the five minute drive. Your mileage may vary, but for me, there's far nicer beaches and other attractions around the island.

Archived