November on the Mediterrean Sea

wiks

We wer on the Royal Princess the last two weeks of November last year. Most days the highs were about 60. A couple of days only got to about 50. We had one rainy day. There was no problem with chair hogs at the pool.

Oh, and we sailed from Venice to Rome.

Were in Barcelona last Nov 28th for a TA sail out of Barcelona on Dec 2nd. Beautiful sunny days, no rain at all, but cool. We wore sweat shirts over long sleeve polos - it was wonderful. Seas were like glass even in the Atlantic going to Lisbon. Go for it - it's a cruise, what could be bad.

It will be warmer in Istanbul (absolutely fascinating city - don't miss the Blue Mosque and Tokapi palce) than in barcelona (Must see - las ramblas and Sagrada Familia). It's the end of Autumn and sometimes winter arriives earlier some years than others. There could be storms but equally you might get warm, sunny (but rather short days). I was in Valencia on Dec 28th and Madeira Jan Ist and both were sunny and high 60's. I was back in valencia in June (when it should have been glorious) and it was raining and colder trhan it had been in December. there is one thing that is totally predictable about the weather in Europe and that is it is completely unpredictable. I'd play safe and pack clothes for a range of conditions (layering is good!)

Archived