Haven't got my Denali shuttle tickets yet

midwestsolo

I haven't got my Denali shuttle tickets yet. I called the order in on Feb 8, 2008 and it was billed to my credit card on Feb 12, 2008. The operator gave me a confirmation #. I called back on Mar 12 and the operator said they were running behind,but had hired new people and I should have the tickets in the mail within the week but offered to email a confirmation to me. I thought that I would have them, so declined the email confirmation. Well, I still haven't got them, we will be in Denali in less than two months. I read some entries about this being a problem last year on this board. What should I do?

The past few years, we've had to take our email confirmation to the Wilderness Activities/Access Center to trade them in on actual tickets. We've done this the day before our scheduled shuttle. Don't know if a similar procedure is going to be in effect this year but have never received actual tickets in the mail.

Thanks for both of your quick answers. Next questions. What time does the Wilderness Activities/Access Center close? We will be leaving for Healy about 2pm after picking up rental car in Anchorage. Will we be too late? Also, will I still be able to get an email confirmation after refusing it?

I don't think getting an email will be a problem, if you're concerned just say you didn't receive it ;)

Here's the other info....

Wilderness Access Center

Mile 1 Park Road, 907-683-9274

The Wilderness Access Center (WAC) is operated by our concessioner, Doyon/ARAMARK Joint Venture. Dates and hours of operation are:

May 15 to Sept. 18, 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Hours may vary during shoulder seasons.

You might make it in time if you leave at 2pm but I have a feeling you'll be too late, especially if you get stuck for traffic/construction or if you stop for photo ops etc.

I reserved a shuttle several weeks ago. I received a confirmation email quickly. There were two PDF attachments; one was the receipt, the other was the e-ticket. The instructions say to show up at the Wilderness center 15 minutes before departure. The wording on the ticket sounds like we don't need to exchange the e-ticket for anything. (Or maybe they do it on the bus).

I haven't got my Denali shuttle tickets yet. I called the order in on Feb 8, 2008 and it was billed to my credit card on Feb 12, 2008. The operator gave me a confirmation #. I called back on Mar 12 and the operator said they were running behind,but had hired new people and I should have the tickets in the mail within the week but offered to email a confirmation to me. I thought that I would have them, so declined the email confirmation. Well, I still haven't got them, we will be in Denali in less than two months. I read some entries about this being a problem last year on this board. What should I do?

What's the Denali Shuttle?

Thanks for all of your responses. I got through yesterday to the reservations desk and the operator said I should have received an email confirmation and also a mail confirmation, but nothing about the tickets themselves. She said that she would send a mail confirmation and request an email confirmation, both should be sent in about 1 week. I am going to wait until April 5th and if I haven't gotten anything, I will call back and ask for a supervisor. Hope it doesn't come to that. Also, for the person who asked what's the Denali shuttle, it's the bus that travels through the park. Not a tour, but previous posters have said that some of the drivers will give you the same information as tour guides. And it costs less.

I reserved a shuttle back on 27 Dec. I've called twice and still have not received any type of confirmation.

I reserved online on Wedneday 3/19 and recieved an email cofirmation immediately. The confirmation says the following:

"Shuttle Bus tickets: Please present this itinerary confirmation to Dispatcher/Driver at the Wilderness Access Center (WAC) to board your reserved bus. Be prepared to board 15 minutes prior to departure time. No food or water available in the Park on shuttle route. Riley Creek Mercantile (approx. mile 0.5 on the park road) across from Wilderness Access Center sells food items. If changes/cancels have been made, you must present this confirmation to the WAC reservation desk between 7am and 8pm to obtain updated documentation. If you are scheduled to board at either Savage or Teklanika campgrounds, please confirm with WAC reservation desk prior to proceeding to campground."

I assume this means we just need to show up at the scheduled time with this confirmation in hand and we're good to go. Is this an incorrect assumption??

Archived