1st RCC. Majesty Tons of questions help. Cococay, Nassau Key West

Hey everyone! HELP!

This is my first cruise with RC. I am very excited. I have been on Princess and carnival.

We just book 06/02/2008 - 06/09/2008 Back to back cruise.

I have tons of questions..............

Does anyone have the menu for the ship?

How was the food?

How was the entertainment and shopping?

Are there any comedians?

Places to go!

Cococay, are there any straw markets there? Should I leave my wallet behind.

Nassua

When you dock, is it very easy to navagate around yourself?

Atlantis, do you know if you can access their beaches? Is there a fee?

What would be the closest beach to get to?

Key West:D

I cant wait to go here. When you dock, is it ver easy to navagate by foot or should this be an excurstion place?

How far is this from all the action?

I have so many questions. Anything you want to add that we need to know. Please add away!!!

Thank you all!:D

Prin - you sound so excited - I am too as we are going on 4/21 on the Majesty also. We have been doing a lot of research.

Many answers to your port questions can be found on the port boards. There is one for the Bahamas which covers Nassau and Cococay and there is another for Key West.

There is a straw market in Nassau right as you get off the ship. You need to take a taxi to the Atlantis and I believe their beaches are not free. However, there are other options like the British Colonial Hilton and the Wyndham (cable beach) for $15 per person. Atlantis is quite expensive. The bahamas board covers alot of the questions for Atlantis.

Key West there is a trolley for $24-$27 per person that tours the main attractions. You can get on and off at any of the stops. The Key West boards give you a lot of info as to what to see and do.

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? If you go the the roll calls for Royal car and then under Majesty of the Seas there should be one started for the days you are sailing. You can also get a lot of info there.

Will be happy to do a review and scan compasses (daily activity sheet and menus) and post when we return on weekend of 4/26.:p

Hope you like Majesty of the Seas as much as we do.

Coco Cay does have a straw market. You will need cash to purchase items there. Nassua's biggest straw market is very close to the ship docks. You can see it from Majesty when you dock. It is right by the water and looks like a huge tent. It has far more "straw" items than Coco Cay. I think the prices are better too. That said, I like the Coco Cay shops better. There is sonmething claustrophobia cxasusing about Nassau's big, crowded tent.

We like the food on Majesty. Unfortunately, I don't have menus because I don't save things like that. The servers are very friendly. You can also eat at Johnny Rockets Diner for a small fee or Compass Deli and just pay for drinks. Or try Sorrentos' Pizza which is open very late. There is the Windjammer Buffet, too. If it seems crowded, keep on walking to the back becauzse Windjammer has two sections. I like the back section better.

The shopping on board is typical Royal Caribbean. There are big bargains the last night, but it does get crowded.

When we were on Majesty last February, there were two good comedians...one did imitations...and one told funny jokes. The production show "Boogie Nights" is pretty good.

You can easily walk around in Key West. (What a cool little town!) Some folks rent motor scooters or electric cars to wander farther afield. Or you can take a taxi if you have a specific distant objective. The dock is not far from the "action" if you mean its main drag, Duval Strret, the Bourbon Street of the Keys. That is a very easy walk.

I can't tell you much about Nassau's beaches or the ones on Paradise Island. There are two ways to get to Paradise Island. One is by water taxi, an adventure in itself. The other is by van.

I'm sure others can fill in where I missed something.

CocoCay: Straw market but it only takes cash so make sure to bring some with you so you don't have to tender back just to get it.

Nassau: I've included a map on how to get to a free public beach over on Paradise Island. You pick up a TAXI BOAT near the pier from your ship and the dotted line shows you were it goes and drops you off. I think I remember it being like $4-7 each way. From there, follow the red line (probably a 10 min walk at most) to get to the beach. See picture in this link (you will need to look at it full size and then zoom):

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2870427370103208034rlIETT?vhost=good-times

Key West: You can easily walk this whole place if you are mobile. Its a 2 min walk from the dock to the action :) Consider an on-off trolly option to see more of the island while you are there. Here is a link: http://www.trustedtours.com/store/Old-Town-Trolley-Tour-of-Key-West-C220.aspx

Archived