Dominica - Tropical Rain Forest

Peggy Sue

Hi,

Been looking over the tours available for our upcoming 11/6 cruise on the Volendam. Noted there is a rain forest Aerial tram tour that sounds interesting. It suggests bringing a rain coat and bug spray. hmmmm

Has anyone taken this tour and is it worth the investment of time and money?

Thanks!

We're sailing on the Volendam on 11/26, same itinerary. I saw a posting here a few weeks ago about the rain forest/tram tour. The post said "It was worth all the "deet" in the world and more" So, I suppose it okay even if you have to have the bug spray. It's just that I'm not used to packing "Raid" as part of my cruise luggage. We are, however, looking forward to Dominica. I understand there are good private tours available at the pier if you don't want to book it thru ship excersions.

Have fun.

Hi, We took this tour in early March and enjoyed it. You see a lot of plants, no animals and a few birds. BRING RAIN GEAR. Plastic poncho type is best. I suggest shorts and not long pants also. Bugs were not a problem. Get off at the top and walk down to the mid station to come down. There is an interesting foot bridge to cross. The rain forest was nice but the ride there and back was the high light for me. Been on amusement park rides that weren't as thrilling. The rum drink before we returned also helped. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived