Glassbottom Boat and Touring Questions

Tabbymom

Hi-

We're on the verge of booking an RC cruise to Bermuda in May and I'm trying to get DH to give the final OK. :rolleyes: We'll be going with our 20 year old son.

First - has anyone independently booked the Fantasea glassbottom boat 2 hour tour at the Dockyard? DS has expressed interest. We want to do it the second morning but RC only offers the helmet dive that day. Is the tour worth it and is the company reliable? We think it would be smartest to keep our activities centered around Kings Wharf since the boat sails at 4:00.

Second - (I'm going backwards, I guess) on the first day, we want to go to St. George in the morning then one or two beaches in the afternoon; not sure yet if we want to visit anywhere else. DH wants to rent scooters ($150 for 3) - we were in Bermuda 20 years ago when I was 5 months pregnant and I was nervous the entire time I was on the scooter :eek: so am not sure how I'd feel now. I also don't know how DS will feel - he's a cautious guy.

We both agree that we should take the ferry to St. George with or without scooters. I think we should then take either a taxi or bus to Elbow Beach and/or Horseshoe Bay, then a taxi back to Kings Wharf. We probably won't feel a need to go to Hamilton unless it makes sense to take a ferry back from there. DH thinks the bus would eat up too much time. I think even with the taxis it would be less expensive than 3 scooters (or maybe even cheaper than one double and one single scooter). I know a one hour taxi tour costs about $40 with tip; can you negotiate with them to drop off and pick up again?

These boards have such good experts! Thanks in advance :)

First, we did book the cruise - :D :D :D

Having learned elsewhere that the scooters cost $50 for one day plus a non-refundable $30 insurance waiver per scooter I doubt the three of us will do it - although DH still has fond memories from 20 years ago.

On the glassbottom boat I emailed Fantasea and they only go from Hamilton on the 20th. But the Bermuda Triangle shore excursion looks fun so we may do that via RC.

Will the taxis negotiate - like drop us off at Elbow Beach, come back in a couple of hours and take us to Horsehoe, then another couple of hours and back to Dockyard? Or should we just get new taxis each time - I have read that there are plenty at the beaches.

Thanks!

Will the taxis negotiate - like drop us off at Elbow Beach, come back in a couple of hours and take us to Horsehoe, then another couple of hours and back to Dockyard? Or should we just get new taxis each time - I have read that there are plenty at the beaches.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have a problem getting a new taxi everytime, except maybe to get back to Dockyard if you leave late, but I still wouldn't worry.

Archived