cruises for teens

x3Sarahx3

HELP! I have got two teenagers (both female) I need to know what ships cater to teenagers, the girls are sort of shy and quiet at first. We were on the Carnival Valor but there did not seem to be much for them to do, either they were too young or too old. I want to take another cruise I just dont know which ship. Can anyone Help? Thanks

How old are your teenagers. Mine enjoyed their 3 Carnival cruises and the activities offered for their age group (they were 11 and 13, 13 and 15, and 15 and 17). As the kids get older, there are less activities offered, but that's because that age group (especially the 15-17s) tend to make friends and hang out on their own. The activities for that group are more "ice breakers" in the beginning of the cruise, and daily evening get togethers/dances. Whatever cruiseline you choose, it's important the girls go to the first meeting for their age group (they may not fall into the same group........mine did not until our last cruise, and they still made their own friends anyway) so they can meet others their age right from the start. That's the key.....;)

I've cruised Carnival and Royal Caribbean with a group of teen girls (includng my own DD). They were extremely disappointed with Carnival in terms of organized activities for that age group ("lame"). They liked RCI much better.

My DS (almost 16) has always been happy with the Princess kids program. They are kind of laid back for his age group and the "planned" activity is often changed for something the kids are more into -- last cruise it was usually Guitar Hero!

I think the keys are 1) going to the first get-together and 2) sailing when there are another -- but not TOO many -- other teens on board.

HI, You did not mention what time of year you cruised, We have always cruised with our girls in the summer months and they always found other Teens to hang with and do stuff with. We have been on Princess, Carnival, and Celebrity in the summer and there seemed to be plenty of other kids looking for other kids. As mentioned above also, we have found that going to the meeting on the first night seems to be very important regarding the kids hooking up with each other. They form there little groups and if you are not part of one it may be harder to break in so to speak.

:)

There are so many new attractions being added to ships you might select a ship based on what is already onboard that they would like to do. Bowling, rock climbing, ice skating, etc. Even some of the classes offered may be of interest. Belly dancing, cooking, scrapbooking...

I have sailed three times with teenagers (my son and his cousin) and they prefer the Voyager class Royal Caribbean ships. DH and I prefer smaller, older ships but they like the Promenade, Johnny Rockets, etc. They never have done teen activities but have met other teenagers and had a great time going to shows, using the gym and pools, etc. Their only complaint on this most recent cruise was that they couldn't get into the disco because they were both 6 weeks shy of 18. Our cruises have been during Feb. school break.

My teens like the RCI ships, my teenage daughter particularly liked the Mariner of the Seas. There were lots of other teens on board and a good teen club with activities.

Archived