"Cruising Do's & Don'ts" - Foxtel

Hi Everyone,

A program that may be of interest to all cruise addicts is being screened on the Discovery Travel channel on Tuesday night at 9.30pm AEDST.

This is the synopsis: "Whether you're a seasoned veteran of traveling the open sea, or you're planning your first cruise ship experience, "Cruising Do's and Don'ts" will provide you with all the information you need to know before you step foot on another ship. Learn what can and can't be brought aboard a cruise ship, what is and is not included in the initial fee, general cruise ship etiquette, and everything else you".

Sarah

hi there,

Hope I remembe to watch the show. Am going on first Cruise on Dawn 2nd May. How did u enjoy the Dawn?. Have posted a thread asking the cost of a shampoo/blowdry in the salon onboard and also how hard it is to get bookings (may want to get my hair done a few times!) havnt had any responses so thought you may have the info.

Thanks

Trish (NEWYORK40)

Hi Trish,

Sorry, I can't help you re the salon - I only ventured down to Deck 2 once, and that was just to have a look at the gym area - I didn't use it either, but walked the 10 decks back up :D. I'm sure there must be someone who can help - perhaps someone who has been on Pacific Sun recently? Maybe MsMinx or brisbane first cruisers? I'm sure the costs would be similar.

Sarah

Hi Everyone,

A program that may be of interest to all cruise addicts is being screened on the Discovery Travel channel on Tuesday night at 9.30pm AEDST.

This is the synopsis: "Whether you're a seasoned veteran of traveling the open sea, or you're planning your first cruise ship experience, "Cruising Do's and Don'ts" will provide you with all the information you need to know before you step foot on another ship. Learn what can and can't be brought aboard a cruise ship, what is and is not included in the initial fee, general cruise ship etiquette, and everything else you".

Sarah

Thanks for the heads up Sarah!

Is now set for auto-tune.

hi

just watched it,mainly north American cruises,and with kids, Disney cruise line and royal Caribbean cruise line .nothing about princess in it,really.some tips though but all are mentioned on this site,thats my thoughts.

cheers matt

Very general with the tips, but still great to see lots of ships inside & out. Most of the info can be read here, but I still thought it was an interesting hour for any novice cruiser.

One tip I did pick up that I had not read before for a natural seasick recipe. Apart from the ginger and dry crackers, there was a mention of green apples.

...... there was a mention of green apples.

That has actually been mentioned on here, but maybe before you joined up. Our youngest was sick on our Pacific Sun cruise & I was told to give him a greeen apple. He did feel better but he also had phenergen so it could have been that.

That has actually been mentioned on here, but maybe before you joined up. Our youngest was sick on our Pacific Sun cruise & I was told to give him a greeen apple. He did feel better but he also had phenergen so it could have been that.

I mentioned it a while ago........a girl I met on our Pacific Sky cruise swore by green apples:)

Chez

xx

I mentioned it a while ago........a girl I met on our Pacific Sky cruise swore by green apples:)

Chez

xx

I must pay more attention in class!

I hope that gets me off the hook. Goes to show, if you want your Cruising Do's & Don'ts, you will read it here first. (If you are paying attention).

Still thought it was a nice show because of all the pretty ships on it.

I've just finished watching it. Sure was nice to see all those ships. Would love to do a Disney cruise. Someof those pool areas looked a bit crowded though:eek: . As for those shopping promenades.............I work in a Westfields centre, certainly don't want to be looking at one while I'm on a cruise:rolleyes: .

Archived