No Cabin assignment yet

maryella

Booked 2 GTY deck 2 cabins for the April 13th sailing and still have not heard anything yet. I see Disney Jen got her cabin assignment from a GTY 2 approximately 1 month prior to sailing. We are now 3 weeks from sailing. Is this usual?

With a guarantee, we have been assigned our cabin as late as at boarding or as early as about a month. Doesnt really matter.

Thanks, Jim. I've been checking for our cabin assignment daily. I didn't realize they might not be assigned until boarding.

maryella, are you getting excited yet? :)

Yes I am getting cautiously excited. After hearing about this weeks seas in the Caribbean I think those passengers deserve a medal. I for one would have thrown myself overboard. Yes we are looking forward to a break from this very long Vermont winter. Just curious to see where we will end up on the ship-----probley in steerage because we will be bringing our kids----just kidding :)

In addition about 2 weeks ago we got a notice from AA that our flight out of JFK on Friday 4/11 was cancelled and changed to a much later flight. When I called them they said they could put us on another flight at any time during that day at no additional fee because of the inconvenience. So we moved it earlier so we could enjoy more time in PR and the fare was significantly lower than our original tickets so were were able to upgrade to first for about the same price!!!

Yes I am getting cautiously excited. After hearing about this weeks seas in the Caribbean I think those passengers deserve a medal. I for one would have thrown myself overboard. Yes we are looking forward to a break from this very long Vermont winter. Just curious to see where we will end up on the ship-----probley in steerage because we will be bringing our kids----just kidding :)

In addition about 2 weeks ago we got a notice from AA that our flight out of JFK on Friday 4/11 was cancelled and changed to a much later flight. When I called them they said they could put us on another flight at any time during that day at no additional fee because of the inconvenience. So we moved it earlier so we could enjoy more time in PR and the fare was significantly lower than our original tickets so were were able to upgrade to first for about the same price!!!

I bet they won't forget those seas for a long time. We had a rough night during our voyage in November. Capt. Berg did a great job of getting us through it. The hurricane-force winds we braved made for a rocky night. One gentleman was injured when he lost his footing in the Piano Bar. Let's hope we have calmer seas next month!

What a shame to have to adjust your AA flight! And to first class, no less. :) A great way to start your trip.

I check our stateroom status daily. If I see any change, I'll post here.

Cammiem

Have you gotten your paperwork from your TA yet? We have not.

Do you just go on the SD website and check under "already booked" for cabin assignment?

We've not yet received the paperwork from our TA yet. As for checking stateroom assignment, I look in the "already booked" section of the SD website. I'm new to the GTY thing, so I'm assuming that's where we check.

Actually the crew, officers and Capt. Berg should get the medal for how they handled getting us through those swells. DH and I joked this morning that we were still feeling the waves.

In terms of cabin assignment ... on the SD site go to "Already Booked." After you enter your booking number and sailing date your info will pop up. I checked daily until we received our assignment.

This was our first time on Deck 4 and we liked the location but would have preferred to be a little further midship. We have now sailed on all three decks ... and all were great.

I thought of you and your family Maryella and made it a point to let the parents know how much we appreciated how well-behaved their young people acted during the week. I think the youngest was 8 but we hardly saw her or the other children.

Back to the laundry ... WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It stands for Guarantee Rate. Sometimes these rates, which are less than the standard rate, are offered. What it basically means is that you are guaranteed a cabin which may be on Deck 2 or 3 or 4.

We booked the GTY rate in November and were assigned 415 on our cruise last week. We didn't know what cabin we were in until about a month before sailing. All of the cabins, with the exception of the owner's suite, are equal so I felt safe going this route.

Hope that helps!

Just talked to our TA today and he too is wondering why docs have not arrived in his office for our April 13th sailing. A quick call confirmed that they are on their way and will arrive at TA today so we should get them Friday or Saturday. Concerning the cabin assignments for the GTY's----nothing has been assigned yet. SD said that they will begin to assign next week.

Between the suspense of the cabin assignments and my daughters college acceptance /rejection letters arriving this week I am ready for this trip!

Just talked to our TA today and he too is wondering why docs have not arrived in his office for our April 13th sailing. A quick call confirmed that they are on their way and will arrive at TA today so we should get them Friday or Saturday. Concerning the cabin assignments for the GTY's----nothing has been assigned yet. SD said that they will begin to assign next week.

Between the suspense of the cabin assignments and my daughters college acceptance /rejection letters arriving this week I am ready for this trip!

Hang in there maryella!

Just think you'll be on board before your know it!!

Thanks for the update, maryella.

I hear ya with being ready for the trip. We are trying to sell our house and I'm so sick of cleaning. Good luck to your daughter. :)

Hello, Bryn295! We will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our second cruise with SeaDream in the Caribbean. St. John, St. Bart, and Jost van Dyke are repeat ports. This will be our first visit to Nevis and Guadalupe. We booked the guarantee and really do not expect to get a cabin assignment until we board.

Just found out our cabin assignments for our 4/13 sailing. Unfortunately we were not as lucky as Disney Jen and others about getting an upgrade. We were given cabins 216 & 218. These are the two cabins furthest foward. I am now very nervous that I will get seasick since we are towards the front of the ship. In addition I know others have said that they love the sound of the sea on that deck however I am a very light sleeper so I know I will not have very restful nights listening to the ocean whooshing by. Was hoping for a bigger window in our room as well. In addition I dont know what the area is that these rooms back up to----crews quarters, storage, or engines and am wondering about the noise or disturbances coming from there.

Well I shouldnt complain as we leave in 10 days and anyplace is a vast improvement over the rain & snow we are now getting in gloomy Vermont.

So we will make the best and also have a reason to celebrate as my daughter just found out she was accepted into her first choice of college-----YIPEE!!!

Congratulations to you and your daughter on her acceptance to her first choice college!

We have sailed SD three times and each time it was on a different deck. To be honest, we didn't mind the portholes on deck 2 ... DH said he felt it gave the cabin a more nautical feel.

You actually are better to be lower than higher if you are worried about getting seasick. If you take a look at the deck plans you will see that Deck 3 has the foreward most cabins.

I don't remember any engine noise when we stayed on Deck 2 but that was two trips ago. If it had been an issue I am sure I would remember.

I too am a light sleeper so I travel with ear plugs (which I also wear at home because of DH's snoring although he blames the dogs) and a sound machine which I use at home and when I travel. I have one of the travel size ones from Brookstone's that I have used for years.

Relax ... you are going to have a wonderful week!

Does the sound machine cover up the snoring noise at all?

With the ear plugs and the sound machine I don't hear the snoring ... especially if I fall asleep first! The sound machine itself (set to Rain and volume on 5 out of 10) does a pretty good job.

Hi maryella,

Greetings from Walt Disney World! Sunny & 80 is much better than the rainy & 50 we came from.

I just called SD to see if our stateroom had been assigned. We are still GTY. I did request diet tonic, though. :)

I think you'll be fine on Deck 2. We were in 212 on our last voyage and had no problems in rough seas. They could assign us to the engine room & we'd be happy -- that's how great SD is.

Congrats to you & your daughter!

Hi maryella,

Greetings from Walt Disney World! Sunny & 80 is much better than the rainy & 50 we came from.

I just called SD to see if our stateroom had been assigned. We are still GTY. I did request diet tonic, though. :)

I think you'll be fine on Deck 2. We were in 212 on our last voyage and had no problems in rough seas. They could assign us to the engine room & we'd be happy -- that's how great SD is.

Congrats to you & your daughter!

Please tell Mickey and Minnie I said "Hello" and we'll see them in 8 weeks:D

I wonder if you won't get your stateroom assignment until you board? I agree ... being on SD is great and we hardly spend anytime in our stateroom except to sleep, shower and change.

Archived