Current cruise director on Rotterdam?

jocelysue

Could someone please give me the name of the current cruise director on the Rotterdam?

Could someone also tell me if event manager and cruise director are one and the same person? If not, who is the event planner on the Rotterdam?

Is Jan Smit still the captain?

Who is the hotel manager? could it be Mr. Hans Dennison?

Thanks ever so much.

Someone mentioned recently that Susan Wood was returning to the Rotterdam shortly as CD. The CD and event coordinator are different people. Usually the event coordinator is in Seattle and has an on board contact person who is frequently the food and beverage manager. I'm sorry I can't answer your other questions.

GN

Could someone please give me the name of the current cruise director on the Rotterdam?

Could someone also tell me if event manager and cruise director are one and the same person? If not, who is the event planner on the Rotterdam?

Is Jan Smit still the captain?

Who is the hotel manager? could it be Mr. Hans Dennison?

Thanks ever so much.

CD: Susan Wood

Event manager: Brett Draper

Capt: Henrik "Rik" Krombeen

HM: Hans Dernison

Ayez un beau jour!;)

Yep, the EM and CD just changed over from Teresa and Rob.

By the way, for Grannynurse - who you are talking about is not the Event Manager - it's the ship services coordinator. The Event Manager is a 2 stripe officer on board that runs the Entertainment Department. They write the programs, the Daily Happenings, they schedule the cruise staff and the musicians. Basically the CD is just the face of the department while the EM runs everything. Also, there is no such thing as a Food and Beverage Manager either. Hasn't been for 3 years. There is a Culinary Operations Manager (3 stripe officer) who is next in line after the Hotel Manager and there is a Beverage Manager (2 stripe officer).

Thanks ever so much, dear cruisers, for your very informative and topical information. It is posters such as you who truly enhance one's cruising pleasure.:)

While you are being so helpful , who is the current beverage manager on the Rotterdam? Is it true that the captain will be changing in Lisbon?

If so, is his replacement known?

Merci beaucoup! Et , Copper John, vous etes formidable!;) Tres formidable !

Thanks ever so much, dear cruisers, for your very informative and topical information. It is posters such as you who truly enhance one's cruising pleasure.:)

While you are being so helpful , who is the current beverage manager on the Rotterdam? Is it true that the captain will be changing in Lisbon?

If so, is his replacement known?

Merci beaucoup! Et , Copper John, vous etes formidable!;) Tres formidable !

Bev Mngr is Danielle Palazzetti

Capt Krombeen just took command and is staying on beyond Lisbon into the Baltic. No replacement known yet but he shares Rotterdam with Olav van der Waard

Merci beaucoup des mots aimables/Thanks very much for the kind words

!

John (Same name as my husband).

I'm sure that your sister is a lovely person and I will have a lot to live up to!

Thanks for the info, Copper10-8 and funllovincruiser. Unfortunately neither name means anything to me. But, glad to hear that "Savannah Rye" comes with high regard.

Ellen

Jocelysue/john

Does anyone know the name of the concierge for the Neptune lounge on the Rotterdam and do they have email? I will be traveling a couple of weeks after Jocelysue (5/2 sailing) and had a couple of requests.

Thanks

John

jbosman@psrs.com

The Event Manager is a 2 stripe officer on board that runs the Entertainment Department. They write the programs, the Daily Happenings, they schedule the cruise staff and the musicians. Basically the CD is just the face of the department while the EM runs everything.

My understanding is that the Event Manager replaces the former Assistant Cruise Director position. The Event Manager coordinates the logistics on behalf of the Cruise Director, handles much of the paperwork, and computer work such as the Daily Program. Far more than "just the face of the department" the Cruise Director is one of the Captain's "senior officers" and is on stage during the Captain's Welcome not just to introduce the Captain, but in the line up of senior officers. One CD told me that she was the number 6 person in the ship's hierarchy. In an emergency the cruise director is one of the first people called because the CD has the responsibility to communicate on behalf of the Bridge with the guests. Don't let the fact that the CD doesn't wear a uniform with stripes confuse you . . .

Regards, Richard

Archived