Kids in separate staterooms?

marle7

Is this allowed on HAL? My son will be 16 and we were thinking of getting an inside cabin for him for the next trip. I know it can be done on RCL, but don't know about HAL.

You can do this, but someone 18+ needs to be assigned to the room, but doesn't really need to stay in the room. I just let me room steward know when we boarded.

I took 2 16 y/o boys with us and I was assigned one room and my husband was assigned the other. We didn't have any problems at all...

You can do this, but someone 18+ needs to be assigned to the room, but doesn't really need to stay in the room. I just let me room steward know when we boarded.

I took 2 16 y/o boys with us and I was assigned one room and my husband was assigned the other. We didn't have any problems at all...

Thanks! Were you able to get key access to the room?

I was on a cruise a few years ago where the parents put their two kids (15 and 16) in a room by themselves instead of having one parent in each room. The first night we were awakened several times by yelling and a loud TV at 2 or 3 in the morning. Needless to say, one visit to the front desk the next day ended that arrangement.

I know you have one child, and I not saying all kids are noisy etc, just be prepared to have an adult in his cabin if it gets reported. At least try for a connecting cabin.

Last year when I booked our February 2008 HAL cruise I was told that someone 21+ needed to be assigned in each room, but they didn't care how you rearranged things once onboard. So instead of getting connecting rooms we had a SA suite. I was the only one over 21+, although my age could have been split to reserve two rooms.;) The suite gave us plenty of room, and I really enjoyed the verandah. With curtains to divide the dressing area from the living area, and the large bath it gave us plenty of room to dress. And.....if I went back to the cabin at night, before they were ready, I knew when they came in and heard all about the rest of evening I had missed!

Cherie

Archived