Aug 15th Goal Anyone??

Litewait

Hi Santy, well my GS has an appointment with the surgeon next week and don't know about the other two yet. I think the surgery is top priority, they are trying to get that done before school starts. Cry? nah, I won't but my daughter sure will! Her oldest is now going into the 4th grade with one more still at home. She keeps saying that the 3 yr old is smart enough to go too! It's amazing how fast they grow up, first my kids, now the grandkids, time is just zooming by.

Congrats on losing a size, I am still riding my bike almost every day now. I've really cranked it up and ride as fast as I can. I'm trying to get my heart rate up, and get my metabolism going, I seem to be in a holding pattern the last few weeks. Only 5 more weeks until I sail and I really want to lose at least another 6-8 pounds. The jeans I bought will feel much better if I do.

Santy...that is great about losing a size.

Mary...I hope all goes well with your grandson. I know how worrisome it can be.

I am up 1lb. :( I don't feel as if I have made bad choices, but the scale says differently. Only two more Mondays before I sail so I better try harder.

Rose

Rose, I am up a pound too! LOL! I KNOW mine is because of the choices I made alllllll week long. What was I thinking? Walked 18 holes of golf today, so at least I got some walking in today..........the day is still young, I should go bike up that darn hill again, that seems to be doing the trick if I stick with it....

Mary, let us know how it goes with your GS. Good for you for riding your bike almost everyday! It all takes some committment, doesn't it?

Have a great week, and you can bet that I'll be posting if I lose during the week!

I was very surprised to see that I was down a pound!!! I will not make my goal but the way I am trying to look at it is each pound is one that I am not going to have to carry around!!!

Since we are talking crying and kids - my oldest will be graduating high school this year and my next to youngest will be starting kindergarten next week. Talk about a gap!!!!!!!! Stress!! My oldest also signed up for the Army Reserves - he was sworn in last Thursday. My, how time flies.

I am so excited to be sailing!!! I cannot wait!!! Good job to everyone - even in gaines, you recognized and did not give up.

Let's kick these last days in gear - give it all we got - bring on August 16th!!!

motheroffour, congrats on your loss. And, good luck to your son in the Army Reserves. That is quite a gap. :) My three are each 3 1/2 years apart so it was pretty easy for me.

Yes, Aug 14 can't come fast enough for me either. I am going to have fun on this cruise no matter what my weight is. I only worry about how much I am going to miss my grandkids. Two of my three grandchildren live in my house so I see them every day. The third one lives a few miles away so I see her several times a week. (During the school year I see her every day since I babysit for her while her parents work.) So, ten days without seeing them is going to hurt. I will endeavor to persevere though. :D

Rose

Hello everyone, just wanted to check in. Seems as though our August 15 goal is fast approaching. Even though I will not meet my original goal of 50 lbs. by the time I cruise this month, I am not going to quit. Nope, worked to dang hard to lose 31 lbs so far......I hope everyone is also sticking to their program and getting ready to pack for that great cruise you have all been looking forward to. I leave in 24 days and have already started packing!

We are going to be gone for over two weeks, luckily I don't have a problem washing clothes while on a cruise. My biggest concern is outerwear. The climates and weather conditions on our TA are keeping me guessing exactly what I need to bring. I think I've finally decided to just bring it all and be prepared for whatever mother nature throws at me.

Have a great week all! Can't wait to hear about everyone's cruises.

Sounds like everyone is pretty happy with their personal weight loss! I WAS happy, but THANK GOD I've got 2 more weeks to kick my butt back to whatever I was doing to lose the weight. I kept letting life get in the way!

So, Rose goes on the 14th, Tracy goes on the 16th, I go on the 19th, and Mary goes on the 28th! Are you all excited? I find I'm really excited if I'm not so busy around here. So, lets hope that I'm not so busy these next two weeks, that I put my exercising on the back burner.

I'm afraid to weigh myself...:o

Well ladies, here we are on Aug.11th. with the 15th as our goal date! It has been a great time keeping up with everyone, I hope this thread continues, or perhaps we can start another one with another goal date. I have my OWI today and down another lbs. so I have a total of 32 lbs gone! :) I'm not going to make my goal of 50 before sailing, but I feel darn good about what I have done. I've been down with a cold this past week and haven't exercised all week. I hope to pick that up today or tomorrow.

Update on my grandson, he went to see the surgeon and was told he didn't have a hernia, so no surgery! Not sure what the pediatrician saw, but I would think the surgeon knows best. Still nothing about the dermatologist or eyes yet.

I'm sure you are all doing last minute prep for your cruises, all I have left to do is finish packing. All our excursions are booked, shopping done, can't wait.

Have a great cruise everyone, check back once you've returned and give us all a report, l really love hearing about everyone's travels.

Mary

Mary, you did super on your diet. 32 lbs is great. I am holding at 15 lbs so did not make my goal either, but I am ok with that.

Started packing today. I have to finish up the laundry and then pack in earnest. Leaving in 3 days. I am so excited. Lots of hurricane activity where we are going, but I am not going to stress about it. I have also been sick with a very bad cold. I am just happy that I am sick now and not when I am cruising.

Well, I will probably not be posting before I leave so everyone have a great cruise. Please come back here after you cruise and let us know how it was.

Rose

Hi guys!

some of you are cruising as I type this out! So, I think we all did pretty good!

In the last month, I have rarely made time to exercise, and thought I would have gained a few back, but turns out, I have made my 10 pound loss, and depending on the day one or two more. However, since not exercising, I feel really flabby, and not very good about myself. You know how you feel when you're doing something good for your body? You just feel better. I don't have that feeling. So, I"ve only got 2 more days to get in some form of exercise, so at least I can get that feeling back. Oh, and I may have lost 10 pounds, but to me it just looks like it all came out of my boobs!

Happy crusing everyone! I'll check in to see how you all did, and so what if we gain a few onboard, right?:)

Santy, that's great to hear about you reaching your 10 lb goal! Good for you, and I understand what you mean about the boobs! Seems that is the first place I lose as well. I also know what you mean about the exercise, I was sick with a cold and didn't exercise for a week and felt even yuckier for not.

Have a great time on your cruise and don't forget to check back and let us know all about your cruise!

Mary

Archived