Aug 15th Goal Anyone??

Litewait

I am so upset with myself I can't stand it. I have let myself go and now have 30 lbs to lose.. My next cruise is August 15th, just a little weekend thing, but my goal is to lose it by then. 4 1/2 months. Then the hardest part maintaining. I have another cruise in Dec. I'm hitting that pre- meno stage (just turned 47) so I have to get it off NOW!

Anyone want to join me in the "battle of the buldge"?? We can weight in on Mondays and support each other.

So.. 19 more Mondays...;)

Happy Cruising~

Donna

I'm with you. I've got about 20 lbs. to lose. I'm getting married on August 16 and leaving for Barcelona on the 21st for our Med cruise. My total goal was 30but I've dropped 10 already. Good luck and I'll check in next week.

I'll join in also ... I need some extra motivation. We leave for Orlando on August 15th (cruise is 8/17) It will be our 35th anniversary and we are going with DH's DB & DSIL.

I am 55 and I have lost 50#, but I need (want) to lose another 15# before our cruise and I'm having a very difficult time. Some of it is motivation and some of it is hitting a plateau. This past week everything seems to be going into the mouth and I'm up 3# ...

Have a great day. Jan

Wow~ This is great that there are some of us around the same goal date!! I think if I check in and post about the day and the weekly weight in, it keeps me focused more and have some accountability besides just to me.;)

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!! You will have to tell all about the Med cruise. My dd should graduate from college in 2011 and that my goal to take her on a European cruise of some type. 2010 will be to the Caribbean as dd son will be 16 and wants to go to the new Tampa Bay Devil Rays stadium for a game, so our plans are to go to a game and them cruise.

So, I made it trough day one, Can't really expercise, broke the little toe on my left foot last week, so it will be another week I'm sure. I like to walk but it hurts ever step right now:(

Hope you all have a great day & stick to those diets!!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Hi Donna & Jan!

Jan - congrats on losing 50#. That's really great and I'm sure you'll drop the other 15 before the cruise. I find this board really great for suggestions etc. I wish I could just stay on point with the diet portion of the routine.

Donna - Thanks for the wll wishes. It's a busy time and I've basically learned that holding onto money will be impossible until the wedding & honeymoon are over. The only shocker for us in regards to the European cruise was the airfare cost - I know that we are going at the most expensive time of year but it was still pretty steep. Will be sure to tell you all about it.

I'm glad to have some weight loss buddies as I find it easier when I know there some kind of accountability. :)

Cheers,

Nancy

Went to see my dress maker today and she informed me that I can't lose any more weight after mid-May. Top of the dress is pretty intricate and can't be taken in without ruining the look of the dress. I'm going to have to work my butt off between now and then to drop at least 10 - 15 lbs and then work on maintaining. Did find out that I lost two inches of the bust :(, inch of the waist and two off the hips since last month:).

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Cheers,

Nancy

Congrats to both!!

Nancy you are doing a great job, I'm sure you don't want to lose bust though.LOL!

I'm down a few pounds so it's all good so far. It seems to me that when you only have like 20-30 lbs, I'm like "it's not that bad, I'll get it off sometime, ect ect" The motivation is harder for me. I guess when your jeans aren't comfortable that matters..I refuse to buy larger clothes!!

I will succeed!!!!!!!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Mind if I join in?

Congrats to those that have lost so far! and to the new brides to be, what an exciting time for you!

I am post menopausal and will be 52 in June. We have a cruise that we leave for August 28th and my goal is 50# by the time we leave. I have been on Weight Watchers and have lost 11lbs. in the last 5 weeks, so 39 to go! My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 75#.

Like you said, weekends are tough, but now that the weather is getting nicer I'm spending a lot of time in the yard, out of the house and away from the kitchen!

Good luck everyone, my weigh in with WW is also on Monday's so I can pop in after that!

Mary

SO it's our 1st Monday weigh in... How'd eveyone do lat week?? I can happily say I'm down 3.5 lbs. Woo Hoo!!!! Only 26.5 to go.:D

The first steps are the hardest. But I know I can keep weighing what I did.

Hope everyone checks in!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Congrats Donna!

I'm down 2 - 13 to go with new date May date. It was a bad weekend though - Mexican on Friday, Italian on Saturday. Couldn't resist! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Take Care,

Nancy

down and 5 days more to go this week... I have told myself if I stick to my diet then I can have a free day here and there. Like I know I have Bunco on the 12th ( dice game) and an Outback fund raiser on the 19th and then nothing until May 9-11, my bestfriends 40th birthday in Laughlin! If I know I have the "splurge days" coming up I do ok..

If I think theres no end in sight forget it!

Have a great week all!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Hi Donna - glad to hear you're making it through the week ok. Noticed you're going on three cruises this year - lucky you!!!! I would love to go on a New Years cruise, but I'm always so busy at that time of year. I know what you mean about saving up cheat days - I've got my birthday at the end of the month, Greek Easter with the future in-laws and a couple of other birthdays all at the same time. I am saving up now so I can have more cake then :).

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Nancy

Hi, all. Mind if I join in? I am cruising on Aug 14 and would like to lose about 30 lbs. I started about two weeks ago and am down 7 lbs.

Weekends are tough, but now if I come here to weigh in with everyone, it gives me more of an incentive.

Good luck to everyone reaching their goals.

Rose

Your absolutely welcome!! The more the merrier. Where are you cruising?? Have a cruise booked is a big motivator for me. ALthough I'll never be skinny, comfortable is always nice.

NLAX~ We are only cruising 2 this year and next spring break. The way we afford it is by booking insides most of the time. We have learned we don't need a view, weve done these ports alot. They are also shorter cruises. My August one is 3 days, Dec. is 5 and then April is our 7 day. We used to do 3 a year but with the economy we are back to 2 and thats fine. I think my kids look forward to it more.

Hope everone is doing well today. I am off to my ds's baseball game here in a little bit!:D

Happy Cruising~

Donna

I am cruising out of Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda and the Caribbean. I am really looking forward to this cruise. I have not been on a vacation in two years. My son was serving in Iraq and my DH and I chose to stay close to home during that time. He is now home safely and we are more than ready to get back to cruising. :D

nyer, please give your son a huge thank you from me for serving our country. I am glad to hear you are taking a much deserved vacation after all this time. As a mother, I can certainly understand how concerned you have been for your son's safety and am sure it is a great relief to have him back home.

We are sailing the end of Aug. on 14 day transatlantic from Southampton to NYC. Looking foward to the northern climates since we live in central Florida. The northern route should be a welcome relief to the heat for us. Lost another .8 lbs this week, so down 11.8

Thank you, nlaxo8. Yes, it was definitely a bad time for us, but it is over now.

I was bad last night (ate fried shrimp), but I am back on today and am working my way to my next small goal which is 8 lbs loss. I am at 7 right now. I find if I set small goals for myself instead of always looking at the big picture I do better.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rose

Rose - I love fried shrimp, especially Maine shrimp which are very small and have lots of flavor. I think that I also remember you from back in 2003-2004 from your posts on these boards.

I am still doing the Thursday weigh ins, but will post on here too ... I am down .2 pound, but it seems to be the same weight on and off for the last few months ... I'll just continue to plug away!!!

Have a wonderful day all. Jan

Jan, I do remember you from before. You were either getting ready to go or had just gone on your 30th Anniversary cruise.

Back then I probably didn't have as much weight to lose, but menopause has hit hard and I managed to gain 30 lbs without really noticing. I also thought that stress would make me lose weight, but it has been just the opposite.

Rose

Archived