Smoking on Millennium..

Napi's Mom

I now take what I read about smoking on this forum with a pinch of salt! I was worried sick after reading the nasty comments about smokers on this board prior to our cruise on Constellation. In reality, the smoking side on the ship was mobbed... with as many if not more smokers than non smokers,.. AND NOBODY BUT NOBODY, caused an issue on board that we could see. Both parties respected on another, and both seemed to stick to their own areas....no problem from either side!

I think ONCE I got annoyed at a smoker ligHting up a cigar thru the day in a restriced area.. I thought that was extremely rude and un thoughtful..and he was American incidentally not EU.. ...

As a smoker however, I still say they should make the entire floor on M class ships where the rendezvous lounge is non smoking...smoke rises, and I think it would make a lot of people happy to see that area in particular where the celings are pretty low..non smoking.. it would make sense. I can appreciate that for non smokers, it must be pretty nasty in that particular floor... I reckon smokers would be happy with a restriction on having port side on the deck above, and leaving that lower deck smoke free..

I cant see it being a problem for smokers if they did that.. and many of the non smokers seemed to enjoy that area for dancing in the evening.

JUST MHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I absolutely agree.

A thread last week mentioned that some people were getting their docs which said that there was NO smoking in cabins and balconies onboard Celebrity ships. I emailed Celebrity to clarify, and a friend also made 3 phone calls to Captains Club and Celebrity who all said the policies have NOT changed.

I emailed celebrity.co.uk and celebrity.com and received the answers below...

Thank you for your email, Cigarette smoking is permitted at this time in staterooms and on verandas. Cigar & pipe smoking, however, are not allowed in either the stateroom or on verandas. The documents reflect this same information.

Please let me know if I could be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises, Inc.

and from the UK office...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Smoking is permitted on stateroom balconies and designated areas onboard. However guests with an inside stateroom are not permitted to smoke.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

So even Celebrity staff are confused. One thing they DO agree on is that you CAN smoke on the balconies.

Here's my response from the Captain Club in US to an email I sent relative to the same e-mail.

Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to assist.

Frankly, we do not know why the poster stated that his cruise on Celebrity after

April 1 has a different smoking policy that we have at present. We believe, that

he may be on an Azamara cruise and assumes that it is Celebrity.

At this time, we have not changed or plan to change our current smoking policy.

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Archived