Deciding on HONEYMOON cruise....

cmalibu1

We are going on a Honeymoon this October/November.

I am really wanting to go to the Panama Canal, but am having trouble deciding on ships. We are debating between the Island Princess or Jewel of the Seas. Simialr itineraries, but different prices. Jewel is more expensive, and we were really hoping to go all out and get a suite, - which wouldnt happen on Jewel. But basically it comes down to atmosphere on the ship.

I havent cruised either line before, and we want something romantic yet FUN! I am 23 and my soon to be, is 33. We enjoy nice wine, good cigars, but dont just want to relax our time away....

...any advice at all would help!? This is a lot of money to spend, and while we dont want to party all the time, we are wondering if Princess would be able to keep up, and if Royal would be to gimicky (like carnival)?!

Thanks to all those who respond!

For a honeymoon, I'd want a suite, too! (The cabins, regular ones, that is) are waaaay too small!

The Panama Canal route, being a longer cruise, is going to be a bit more "sedate" on any line than a Caribbean cruise--can't help it--older passenger's for the most part!

You should probably talk to a good cruise travel agent--they will help you find the perfect ship for your honeymoon!

Archived