Phone call from Carnival Cruise Lines tonight offering upgrade???

CruzinWithMom

Carnival Cruise Lines called and left me a message tonight. They say they would like to offer me an upgrade for substancially less than normal rates. My Mom and I will be sailing on the Legend on May 18th. We have a catagory 8G Balcony Stateroom on the Verandah deck, Room 7215. Is is worth considering an upgrade and if so, what kind should I be listening for??? I'm not sure what she means by substancially less than normal rates? Can anyone give me a quick lesson on what to listen for and what I should bite at? Never cruised on Carnival and originally booked a BL Guarantee. Ended up with the 8G Catagory stateroom 7215. I'll be calling her back in the morning and I would really love to have some information to barter with...Help!!!!!:)

I've never had the "magic upgrade" call, but from what I have gathered on these boards, it's important to see where your room and what room they want to give you. Often times upgrades aren't all they are cracked up to be if you get a smaller balcony, in a less convient location, more possible noise, etc. I've also head a lot of people say if the upgrade isn't great, try to get an on board credit instead. I got a past guest upgrade when I booked my last cruise, but it only took me from an OV to an OV one deck up. In retrospect, I should have asked for the on board credit or asked if I could have gotten the OV I wanted for an inside price. I'm not really good at bargaining or working the system, but I'm starting to learn. Hope you get a great upgrade! :)

Carnival Cruise Lines called and left me a message tonight. They say they would like to offer me an upgrade for substancially less than normal rates. My Mom and I will be sailing on the Legend on May 18th. We have a catagory 8G Balcony Stateroom on the Verandah deck, Room 7215. Is is worth considering an upgrade and if so, what kind should I be listening for??? I'm not sure what she means by substancially less than normal rates? Can anyone give me a quick lesson on what to listen for and what I should bite at? Never cruised on Carnival and originally booked a BL Guarantee. Ended up with the 8G Catagory stateroom 7215. I'll be calling her back in the morning and I would really love to have some information to barter with...Help!!!!!:)

I got a similar call a week or so ago. The message said a "nominal" fee. I'm thinking $50 or less. Noooo...it was $300 pp for the upgrade.:eek: I think they are trying to move you from a cabin that is easy to sell to a cabin that is harder to sell. I say have a price in mind, make the call and listen to the pitch. If it doesn't sound/feel right, tell them you will think about it and call back, then research the move/price.

...wasn't there some scam going on involving fake calls from someone saying they were from Carnival? I heard that or read that somewhere. I'ld be careful and double check before giving your CC info. I'm paranoid but I definitely remember reading something about a scam involving Carnival.

Just make sure you are not losing anything. I mean from a balcony to one with a lifeboat in front of it. They probably have someone willing to pay more then you did for your cabin and they want to move you. Just becareful you do not lose in this. Hopefully it is what they say and you get something great out of it. Good luck..

Well...I called Carnival Cruise Lines back this morning...They were offering a suite guarantee for a nominal fee of $450.00 per person...Ya right!!! I think I'll keep my nice little balcony stateroom and the $900.00 and use that nominal fee to purchase a nice little gift for my Mom's Birthday!!!! Thanks Carnival but I'll pass this time!!!:) :)

Well...I called Carnival Cruise Lines back this morning...They were offering a suite guarantee for a nominal fee of $450.00 per person...Ya right!!! I think I'll keep my nice little balcony stateroom and the $900.00 and use that nominal fee to purchase a nice little gift for my Mom's Birthday!!!! Thanks Carnival but I'll pass this time!!!:) :)

Wow what a steal......LOL I do not blame you. I would keep my balcony to...

I got a call today while I was at work, they left a message. They said they thanked me for my interest in Carnival and were offering MN residents free upgrades... I took at as a new booking so I deleted it... I am guessing I made the right decision:) Although it would have been interesting to barter and see what they would do for us for our current reservation... we will see if they call back!

Archived