Have you done BOB in Cabo?

tess2cruz

What is the BOB excursion?

Rochelle

BOB Underwater Adventure, is a breathing observaton Bubble, attached to a little sccooter, so you put around under the water. My family loved it, plus you get a lot of snorkel time. Just not sure how warm or clear the water is in Cabo, compared to St Thomas.

You can find it on the carnival shore excursions for Cabo

And no, it is not bring your own bottle:D , but after.........;)

I have never heard of BOB being offered in all our years of going to Cabo. But they do offer what they call a helmet dive which sounds like it might be the same thing. Go over to tripadvisor and the Cabo forums. A poster by the name of tjride has posted a video of him and his wife doing this last October.

The water in Cabo is in no way as clear as in St Thomas but they said they saw a lot of fish. Not sure when you are going but the water in Cabo is quite cold now and won't start to warm up until mid summer with fall being the warmest.

Hope this helps!:)

I have never heard of BOB being offered in all our years of going to Cabo. But they do offer what they call a helmet dive which sounds like it might be the same thing. Go over to tripadvisor and the Cabo forums. A poster by the name of tjride has posted a video of him and his wife doing this last October.

The water in Cabo is in no way as clear as in St Thomas but they said they saw a lot of fish. Not sure when you are going but the water in Cabo is quite cold now and won't start to warm up until mid summer with fall being the warmest.

Hope this helps!:)

No, not the same, Sea Trek Helmet dive you are on foot, BOB underwater adventure is scooters the putt along under the water. I wasn't think how cold it would be, may need a wet suit?? lol:rolleyes: Maybe it is new to Cabo.

Searching the web, I did find a BOB outfit in the caribbean that started operations in Cabo. But their website reverted back to the domain owner? Maybe they forgot to renew their domain name registration. Anyway, the caches don't have a phone number for them.

One advantage for BOB is that you can wear glasses in the bubble if you wish. I don't think you can safely get a camera in there, though.

Sounds like fun! I will check it out on our October trip when the water is nice and warm!:)

With some research I found that it will be done in the Sea of Cortez, supposedly warmer than the pacific side. :confused: I hope!!

When my son did it in St Thomas, they used and underwater camara, the divers took pictures of them, then got some great shots while snorkeling.

I am going to try the BOB excursion in Cabo again soon. My wife and I were supposed to go on it back in Oct. but Tropical storm Kiko churned up the water and we didnt get to go. On the pier we were told there was about a 40% chance we would go on the BOBs and we could get a refund if we wanted one. Or we could just go and if the BOBs werent going to go we could just opt for a snorkle trip. We decided to go and try it but when the divers checked the water they said it was no good for the BOBs so we tried snorkling instead. This was kind of a bummer too since the water was very murky with only about 2 or 3 feet visibility. I think the water might be a little chilly this time of year but we are sailing on the Carnival Spirit on April 13th and taking another crack at the BOB excursion.

Ecstasy - Nov. 2003

Paradise - Oct. 2004

Spirit - Dec. 2006

Elation - Oct. 2007

Spirit - April 2008

Did it last Friday. Cool cool water, wetsuit required, and not great visibility, but that can change day to day. We did enjoy it though...

I figured it would be on the cool side, do they provide wet suit? I missed the chance when we did the Feb cruise, knew it would be too cold then.

Thanks for the input!

I figured it would be on the cool side, do they provide wet suit? I missed the chance when we did the Feb cruise, knew it would be too cold then.

Thanks for the input!

Yes, they have some suits. Not perfect fits, but it's better than nothing.

Just got back, but could not do BOB because of an early ship departure time. Golden Princess pulls up anchor at 1pm, but the BOB excursion is 11am to 3pm. The operator says a lot of people complain about the 1pm.

Just got back, but could not do BOB because of an early ship departure time. Golden Princess pulls up anchor at 1pm, but the BOB excursion is 11am to 3pm. The operator says a lot of people complain about the 1pm.

I booked it through Carnival, and the ship doesn't leave untl 4pm I think. But with carnival they can't leave without me LOL :D

There will be four in our party for a Carnival cruise to the Mexican Riviera on 7/6/08. We pre booked an excusion for this in Cabo. Two weeks later we received an email from Carnival stating that they no longer have the BOB available as an excursion. No reason why. We were refunded our money. Anyone else heard of this? We were really excited about it.

There will be four in our party for a Carnival cruise to the Mexican Riviera on 7/6/08. We pre booked an excusion for this in Cabo. Two weeks later we received an email from Carnival stating that they no longer have the BOB available as an excursion. No reason why. We were refunded our money. Anyone else heard of this? We were really excited about it.

can you still book it on your own?

I will have to look into this, I haven't got an email about it, and i sail in 5 days!! ???:confused:

Just checked Carnival website, excursion still on there, but XXX is just before the name, wonder what that means??? Have to dig further, but if I get my money back I will just plan something else. :D More money for drinks!!!

Archived