Help! OV Pride 7 day or Suite Elation 5 day

gohuskies

I need some advice - there is a $700 difference for a balcony with two more days on the Pride vs a Suite on the Elation for 5 days. I want a balcony but I also want more time. My choices are OV Elation, Suite Elation, OV Pride, Balcony Pride. I have experienced both an OV and balcony. But for a family of 4, it's a lot of $$$. The price for an OV on Elation is even less. We are going to Disneyland and I want to add a cruise...

Are you saying that the $700 more is to sail for 5 days in a suite on Elation? If that is the case then I would say for sure to take the 7 day with the lower cost and more time. It is all in what is more important to you. Time cruising, or the cabin category.

thanks, I just can't decide if the balcony is worth more than 2 more days...hope my question makes sense. Pride is 7 day, Elation 5 day. The Pride OV is $3300, Pride Balcony is $3800, Elation OV $2300, Elation suite $3100, August 2 adults, 2 kids.

Ok, I see now. If you are also going to Disneyland and just want to add a cruise, the Elation OV is $1000 less than the Pride OV. For me, $1000 is not worth 2 days, but it could be for others. If you must have the balcony, then the Elation suite @ $700 less is what I would do. So either way I am looking at it now, it seems Elation may be the best bet as an add on to your family vacation to Disney.

However you decide, have a GREAT time!

If the suite you are looking at is a cat.11 skip it and take the OV. The cat.11 on Fantasy class is not that great. If you are thinking of a cat.12 on the Elation that is a wonderful cabin. We have stayed in both U93 & U98 on the Elation.

The Elation is a great ship and we have also done the Spirit (sister to the Pride). If you can afford it, I would go with the Pride because of the superior itinerary. Elation does Ensenada and there is not much to do there. Pride does Puerto Vallarta (great) and Mazatlan (pretty good). Both do Cabo San Lucas (great). You will also save a little money by not having to travel down to San Diego (although it is very easy on the train). The train stop is about 4 blocks away from San Diego's Cruise ship terminal.

Come back later for a vacation in San Diego (fantastic) and you can also give Elation or Spirit a try then.

Also, any chance you would qualify for Carnival's military discount.

IMHO, there is no comparison in a suite on the Elation and a balcony on the Pride. The Elation is a older Fantasy Class ship (although I think it has been through a refurb) and the Pride is a Spirit Class ship. I think the balcony room on the Pride is larger than the suite on the Elation. So, I would take the larger room, longer cruise, and less expensive balcony on the Pride. Personally, I don't see $700 difference in the amenities and more space and 2 more days of cruising makes this a no-brainer for me. Besides, I don't stay in the stateroom enough to where it makes a difference. I've had the suite, balcony, and inside room. I like the balcony rooms because of the space, but ordinarily take the inside category. I use the money I save on other things I do outside the stateroom!

Like I said, JMHO.

Have a great cruise regardless of which you choose!!!

Balcony room on the Pride is 185 sq ft & has a small refrigerator and couch. Inside and Oceanview are the same size.

Inside and Oceanview on the Elation are the same 185 sq ft but no refrigerator or couch. Not sure about the suites.

Archived