MUTS Chair Availability

cyberfilly

If you want seating on the lowest level, yes arrive early, those seats go fast.

Otherwise, there are plenty of seats available higher. Just be careful - some of the first rows on the higher decks have the railing bar obstructing the view.

My group and I went out and got seats on the next level up. I think that night we might have eaten early, and then gone out and grabbed seats for all 6 of us together. Personally, I liked being a bit higher up than on the main pool deck.

On Crown last week it depended on the movie. We had two kids and three adults altogether, so some movies were more appealing than others. Some nights, we could eat dinner at a table on the pool deck at 7 (the movie start time) and still have our choice of deck chairs when we were finished eating. Other nights, we ate early and arrived for the movie about 15 minutes early (for Transformers) and had no trouble getting 5 deck chairs together. We never stayed for a 10 or later show, so I can't comment on that.

Staff told us that they always close the pool for the evening movies, but the pool was open for at least two of the movies we watched. The earlier post about railings blocking your view is bang on. Also, I found the sound to be much better when I was between the speakers (more or less anywhere in front of the screen, rather than off to the side). And it was much easier to hear at night - there is so much activity at the pool during the day that it is hard to follow the dialogue - but at night, MUTS is a very enjoyable way to watch a movie.

I can't remember the last time I saw MUTS crowded to the point there was limited seating. When it first came out it was a big thing and very crowded, but the last 5 or 6 cruises, never seen it where you couldn't get your choice of seats.

Archived