Love and Marriage Game

Ok, my assumption is that this is like other lines' newlywed/not so newlywed games. My questions are, do they just take recent honeymooners, a couple married about 20 years, and another married about 40 years OR do they take anyone?

Also, is there a specific way couples are chosen? I've been wanting to participate the last two cruises and was never chosen... and I am dreading the thought of having to wait several years to fall into the "married 20 yrs" category.

The "interview" is something of a contest so you just have to hit the right crowd to be "chosen." The contestants are usually chosen by the audience but the method of competition varies from CD to CD. Good luck. :)

Ok, my assumption is that this is like other lines' newlywed/not so newlywed games. My questions are, do they just take recent honeymooners, a couple married about 20 years, and another married about 40 years OR do they take anyone?

Also, is there a specific way couples are chosen? I've been wanting to participate the last two cruises and was never chosen... and I am dreading the thought of having to wait several years to fall into the "married 20 yrs" category.

On our one trip to this show, they took a newlywed couple and the longest married couple. I can't remember how they picked couple 3, but for #4 the CD made the couples "audition" by being crazy. It was our 25th anniversary evening, so I was hoping to be chosen, but the other guy stuck his head in his wife's ample cleavage and blew raspberries. Not being a quick thinker, he won. His teenage boys were in the front row when the wife admitted to "polishing her husband's knob" on the balcony the first night at sea. I felt bad for those kids.

On the Jewel in January, they picked four couples. Newlywed, one couple married 5-10 years, another 20-25, and the oldest couple(they were married for 50-something years). I liked this better than three couples. Many more laughs. Surprisingly, the couple that was married 5-10 years won it.

I haven't seen the tape yet but supposedly my parents (married 57 years at the time), especially my Dad, made quite an impression. I guess it was quite hillarious. Then won a bag of logo stuff. Afterwards everywhere he went it was "Hey, Frank!" when people walked past him. We've only been married 30 years, so in between, and whereas dear'ol Dad had a long career in Sales I'm a shy computer geek and can't imagine doing anything that game. :eek: On the otherhand DW is as wild & crazy as Dad so she may want to try for a spot.

My wife and I were on the stage for our honeymoon cruise. We got there early and had seats right up front, we had groom and bride mickey ear hats on, and a big sign that said JUST MARRIED.....We jumped up and down and danced and the CD picked us, we ALSO WON:)

Tim

Thanks everyone. We are 90% sure we are booking the Mariner in August, so we'll have to see how it goes then.

I'm a shy computer geek and can't imagine doing anything that game. :eek: On the otherhand DW is as wild & crazy as Dad so she may want to try for a spot.

I wouldn't say I'm wild and crazy, but my husband will freely admit to being shy and a geek. I lost count as to how many times I told him that once we were married I would be volunteering us for the game.

Is this game suitable for children to watch? It sounds as though it perhaps isn't, or does it depend upon what the chosen couples are like? Our kids are 11 and 13. thanks

I wouldn't bring them due to the sexual language. I think RCL says this is an adult game.

Our last cruise they picked the newlyweds, longest and then someone married around 8 years. But the ones chosen for the newlyweds and 8 years got chosen b/c they acted crazy and got the audience to vote for them by applause.

My wife and I were on the stage for our honeymoon cruise. We got there early and had seats right up front, we had groom and bride mickey ear hats on, and a big sign that said JUST MARRIED.....We jumped up and down and danced and the CD picked us, we ALSO WON:)

Tim

Hey Tim...aren't you going on another cruise after the Century???

Archived