Here's a stupid question for you

MickeysMommy

i read in another post that the pursers desk can stamp your passport for you. don't know this for a fact but i read it.

I've read this somewhere too. My kids would really like that :) Anyone have experience?

Some islands will tell you to go to the post office. .. but some P.O's charge a fee

I expect to get a stamp or two while I'm out of the country. What is the point of all the blank pages if nobody is going to stamp it?

I second the part about leaving your passports with the purser's desk. I have done this several times. They handle everything, and at the end of the cruise, just swing back by and then check out your new passport stamps.

The pursers desk can handle for you, as they have for us in the past.:cool:

They have also done it for us in the past.

I have a question though; If I leave our passports at the purser disk and something happens on the island and I need to fly home will a copy of my pp be enough to get me home?

Just ask....we have gotten stamps at many of the different islands. Some of the stamps might not be the official ones....for example....when we were in Belize we were told to go to the tourism building for our passport stamp (it is right off of the ship - others were going too). We received our stamp...looks great...but it says "Tourism Dept." on the bottom. When my husband stayed there for business, he received his stamp from a government office...and his is slightly different. The kids still love it...for me it really doesn't matter.

I was surprised and disappointed to not even get my passport stamped when cruising in Europe last year. I thought that somehow every country we docked at would have some process in place.

The only time during the cruise that we had to surrender our passports (to ships personnel) was Turkey and they said it was just because Carnival had never ported there before so it was an unusual procedure.

What I did think was neat was the different types of stamps, I thought it was just some basic date and time stamp, but flying over there the stamp for entering Italy had an airplane but the stamp for Turkey was a ship. I didn't realize that it would be different depending on your mode of transportation into the country. I wonder if you took a train if that's what would be on the stamp? :confused: probably so.

They have also done it for us in the past.

I have a question though; If I leave our passports at the purser disk and something happens on the island and I need to fly home will a copy of my pp be enough to get me home?

So you leave your passport at the pursers desk for the whole cruise

:confused:

I don't think I like that:o

I expect to get a stamp or two while I'm out of the country. What is the point of all the blank pages if nobody is going to stamp it?

I feel the same way.

So you leave your passport at the pursers desk for the whole cruise

:confused:

I don't think I like that:o

Me neither, having direct access to it and having it on you off shore, is peace of mind.

Have left mine with purser's desk to have stamped in different countries. Be sure to check with them early though, as they told us that is one of the first things they take off the ship when it docks ..... got it back from purser's desk --- no problems.

Archived