Can't Wait To Anger The "chair Hogs"

LTS1960

[[quote name='LTS1960']Oh, was that a real smiley face or just a fake one? Hummm! Goodbye Cruiselover999 and I'm glad you won't be on my cruise.
Too bad you get so worked up then just leave!!! HE HE HE!!!
A little touchy about this subject I guess, maybe too close to her actions??[/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkred]I said have a nice day...I didn't say I was going anywhere! And I, too, am glad YOU won't be on MY cruise. :D Oh, and that's as fake a smiley face as I can make! LOL! :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='LTS1960']Give me a break, I'm not going to grab a chair if it is unoccupied as someone is swimming or getting a drink.
[/QUOTE]
While I don't believe in people being chair hogs (i.e., your example of those getting up at 6 a.m. and putting out towels, and then not showing up for another 4 or 5 hours), I'm curious as to how you would determine if the stuff on any given chair belongs to someone swimming or in the hot tub? It is incredibly easy for me to spend an hour or more between the pool and hot tub. Do I deserve being relieved of my belongings because of that?

I appreciate the frustration and the fun people are having letting off steam with ideas of fanciful juvenile pranks, but while some people in this thread may be all bark and no bite, I imagine there are some that will do exactly as they've indicated. I think those people need to be reminded that they may not be clairvoyant and able to determine the true situation.

[quote name='terri910']While I don't believe in people being chair hogs (i.e., your example of those getting up at 6 a.m. and putting out towels, and then not showing up for another 4 or 5 hours), I'm curious as to how you would determine if the stuff on any given chair belongs to someone swimming or in the hot tub? It is incredibly easy for me to spend an hour or more between the pool and hot tub. Do I deserve being relieved of my belongings because of that?

I appreciate the frustration and the fun people are having letting off steam with ideas of fanciful juvenile pranks, but while some people in this thread may be all bark and no bite, I imagine there are some that will do exactly as they've indicated. I think those people need to be reminded that they may not be clairvoyant and able to determine the true situation.[/quote]

[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=red]AMEN![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='terri910']While I don't believe in people being chair hogs (i.e., your example of those getting up at 6 a.m. and putting out towels, and then not showing up for another 4 or 5 hours),

[/quote]

Honestly... you must be very niave then.

My Mother for one, is this type of person. And I've seen chairs vancant for the whole day... never once did a person sit down in the chair.

Don't make me call the reality-check people on you... :eek:

[quote name='cruiselover999'][

[B][COLOR=darkred]I said have a nice day...I didn't say I was going anywhere! And I, too, am glad YOU won't be on MY cruise. :D Oh, and that's as fake a smiley face as I can make! LOL! :rolleyes: [/COLOR][/B][/quote]
You made like you were leaving this post, too bad you were just skulking around waiting to make another rude unimformed comment.
:D

[quote name='VentureMan_2000']Honestly... you must be very niave then.

My Mother for one, is this type of person. And I've seen chairs vancant for the whole day... never once did a person sit down in the chair.

Don't make me call the reality-check people on you... :eek:[/quote]
Great, at least there is one more intelligent person here right now. Honestly, you can tell a vacant seat from one that is being used. Please people use your heads, towel spread out and looks sat on, book, empty glass or half full, other items around etc.= person using the chair.
One shoe, sm book towel folded and not used etc = chair hog., esp when you see 4 in a row, one flip flop that matches the other but on different chairs, You see the picture now?????

You made like you were leaving this post, too bad you were just skulking around waiting to make another rude unimformed comment.

Uhm.....and that was......not rude? Oh, and you might want to learn to spell uninformed if you're going to accuse others of being uninformed! DUH!:rolleyes:

Honestly, you can tell a vacant seat from one that is being used. Please people use your heads, towel spread out and looks sat on, book, empty glass or half full, other items around etc.= person using the chair.

Leave a cocktail sitting on your chair... you're just inviting me to occupy it... :p

Uhm.....and that was......not rude? Oh, and you might want to learn to spell uninformed if you're going to accuse others of being uninformed! DUH!:rolleyes:

Sorry but I can spell, very well in fact. If you look at your keyboard then you will see the N and the M are right beside each other. Simple mistake but you seem to be grovelling for any little thing to pick on. No other arguement then Cruiselover999???

I LOVE ALL THIS BANTER!!!;)

Leave a cocktail sitting on your chair... you're just inviting me to occupy it... :p

ok one more

if Sparty left his thong or speedo or what was it, he called it on the chair...

i bet you would NOT move it or take that seat LOL

A few weeks ago on the Victory the chair hogs were out in full force early every sea day. At about 9:30 am we managed to find two lounge chairs toward the aft on the deck above Lido. Beside me were 4 chairs each with neatly placed single towels. An hour later two people were walking by having trouble finding seats in the sun so I mentioned that we'd been there for an hour and had seen no one sitting by us so they removed two of the towels and placed them on the two empty chairs. Another hour went by when a single elderly gentleman passed looking for a chair and I heard the first two people tell him they'd been there for an hour and no one had been sitting beside them so he moved one of the towels and sat down. There was some general conversation with people in the area about the chair hogging situation and a woman asked if she could pile on our chair some towels from near her that had been there since before 9 am without an owner ever seen and I gladly said "sure !" Now about another hour later two very elderly people wandered past looking for chairs and a few minutes later the woman returned with two towels in her arm asking "if this was the place she should put these towels they found laying on two chairs as she couldn't find anyplace else to put them? " A chorus of "YES" was raised by everyone in our area. Not long afterward one of the woman sitting in our area went downstairs to use the bathroom and returned with an armful of towels to add to our collection. She'd been down the line several times in the previous hours to dip in the pool/ grab food quickly/use the bathroom and this time she picked up and brought back with her all the towels that she reconized as having been neatly sitting unused on loungers consistantly for the previous 4 hours. Now forward a bit to about 2 p.m. and along comes two aprox 35 yr old people obviously looking for something-they wander past several times and finally stop within earshot- in front of the ONE lounge chair that probably has about 20 towels piled on it by now and husband says" I know Sam said he put our towels out in this area but why can't we find those 4 &^%# towels ? " wife says, " I told you to get up yourself and put the towels out but you were too lazy, and made Sam do it so now what are we going to do? " I looked up over the book I was reading and said "I've been sitting in this chair for hours and I can assure you that I haven't seen four empty chairs in this area since at least 10 am. " "and by the way, just so you know, even though it does get done, saving chairs isn't allowed and if you loose your towel you can get charged over $20 for each towel ? " The look on their faces was priceless !!! The man started to comment something about people must have stolen their towels and his not being happy but the wife chimed in with it not being worth the trouble if they couldn't find their towels they'd just tell their room steward that someone had stolen their towels but she couldn't beleive the rudeness of some people on this cruise that would find it necessary to remove their towels that their son had gotten up so early to put on chairs for them so after the mornings activities they could enjoy a little sun for a bit in the afternoon if they wanted to. While it was extremely difficult, everyone around us managed to hold their laughter and comments until these people were far down the isle around the corner. The single elderly man whom had sat by us hours earlier and whom had been pretty quiet up to this point said he hadn't found such friendly and fun people on a cruise in a long time and he usually just pretty much stayed to himself as he cruised solo several times a year but the next time the barstaff passed by he bought drinks for all of us sitting in the area to celebrate what he considered a much needed stand against the chair hogs !!!! My feeling is tht if you are going to complain about the chair hogs you need to be willing to do something about it !!!!

Sorry but I can spell, very well in fact. If you look at your keyboard then you will see the N and the M are right beside each other. Simple mistake but you seem to be grovelling for any little thing to pick on. No other arguement then Cruiselover999???

I LOVE ALL THIS BANTER!!!;)

You said that after you said:

Originally Posted by LTS1960 viewpost.gif

Exactly WHO is groveling? LOL!!!!!:rolleyes:

A few weeks ago on the Victory the chair hogs were out in full force early every sea day. At about 9:30 am we managed to find two lounge chairs toward the aft on the deck above Lido. Beside me were 4 chairs each with neatly placed single towels. An hour later two people were walking by having trouble finding seats in the sun so I mentioned that we'd been there for an hour and had seen no one sitting by us so they removed two of the towels and placed them on the two empty chairs. Another hour went by when a single elderly gentleman passed looking for a chair and I heard the first two people tell him they'd been there for an hour and no one had been sitting beside them so he moved one of the towels and sat down. There was some general conversation with people in the area about the chair hogging situation and a woman asked if she could pile on our chair some towels from near her that had been there since before 9 am without an owner ever seen and I gladly said "sure !" Now about another hour later two very elderly people wandered past looking for chairs and a few minutes later the woman returned with two towels in her arm asking "if this was the place she should put these towels they found laying on two chairs as she couldn't find anyplace else to put them? " A chorus of "YES" was raised by everyone in our area. Not long afterward one of the woman sitting in our area went downstairs to use the bathroom and returned with an armful of towels to add to our collection. She'd been down the line several times in the previous hours to dip in the pool/ grab food quickly/use the bathroom and this time she picked up and brought back with her all the towels that she reconized as having been neatly sitting unused on loungers consistantly for the previous 4 hours. Now forward a bit to about 2 p.m. and along comes two aprox 35 yr old people obviously looking for something-they wander past several times and finally stop within earshot- in front of the ONE lounge chair that probably has about 20 towels piled on it by now and husband says" I know Sam said he put our towels out in this area but why can't we find those 4 &^%# towels ? " wife says, " I told you to get up yourself and put the towels out but you were too lazy, and made Sam do it so now what are we going to do? " I looked up over the book I was reading and said "I've been sitting in this chair for hours and I can assure you that I haven't seen four empty chairs in this area since at least 10 am. " "and by the way, just so you know, even though it does get done, saving chairs isn't allowed and if you loose your towel you can get charged over $20 for each towel ? " The look on their faces was priceless !!! The man started to comment something about people must have stolen their towels and his not being happy but the wife chimed in with it not being worth the trouble if they couldn't find their towels they'd just tell their room steward that someone had stolen their towels but she couldn't beleive the rudeness of some people on this cruise that would find it necessary to remove their towels that their son had gotten up so early to put on chairs for them so after the mornings activities they could enjoy a little sun for a bit in the afternoon if they wanted to. While it was extremely difficult, everyone around us managed to hold their laughter and comments until these people were far down the isle around the corner. The single elderly man whom had sat by us hours earlier and whom had been pretty quiet up to this point said he hadn't found such friendly and fun people on a cruise in a long time and he usually just pretty much stayed to himself as he cruised solo several times a year but the next time the barstaff passed by he bought drinks for all of us sitting in the area to celebrate what he considered a much needed stand against the chair hogs !!!! My feeling is tht if you are going to complain about the chair hogs you need to be willing to do something about it !!!!

This is exactly what I have been talking about all along. Thanks for the story! Some people just don't get it at all.

You said that after you said:

Originally Posted by LTS1960 viewpost.gif

Exactly WHO is groveling? LOL!!!!!:rolleyes:

Give it up and read the last post. If you had any brains or manners you would understand exactly what we were talking about but you just seem to want to pick a fight. Problems with work, hubbie, weight?:confused: Just have to take it all out on someone else?

:D We are going on the Valor on Sunday and I just can't wait for the first "at sea" day. I'm going to head on out to the pool and look around for the chairs with the token flip flop, sunscreen or book, any group of chairs with no living, breathing person and proceed to stack up their stuff and plunk my butt down.:p Don't get me wrong, I don't see a problem with an actual living person, just one, saving some seats for family.

Last year on the Triumph, a woman had the nerve to make up laminated signs with "Reserved for the *** family" on them and stick them to about 7 chairs. Well, you can imagine what happened, my husband and I and 2 other women took down those signs and put them aside. She came out about 1 hr later and was flabergasted that her chairs weren't still saved. Who was she, the Queen of England??? She was so pissed off and was really concerned about where her signs were. You know to quote her" she spent a lot of time making those signs" . I told her she couldn't use them anyway and she yelled at me to shut up. NICE!!

Hope I have as much fun this yr removing chair hogs stuff.

you were a hall monitor in school weren't you?

While I understand your point, I just dont get the effort to create a fuss?? We picked out seats put our stuff down and then took a quick dip in the pool, so should our stuf have been moved?? 5 minutes?? then we got out sat for a few then went to the hot tub and took our belongings with us.

Like others have said, other cruise lines have pool attendants / pool butlers who do all the policing of the chair hogs. I have set to see someone doing the same on Carnival.

Instead of having 20 waiters pushing the drinks of the day endlessly (let me sleep in the sun, OK?!), why not try 19 instead and have one walking the decks taking care of enforcing the rules and let the rest of us enjoy our vacations! Hmmm... good suggestion to write Carnival about...

While I don't believe in people being chair hogs (i.e., your example of those getting up at 6 a.m. and putting out towels, and then not showing up for another 4 or 5 hours), I'm curious as to how you would determine if the stuff on any given chair belongs to someone swimming or in the hot tub? It is incredibly easy for me to spend an hour or more between the pool and hot tub. Do I deserve being relieved of my belongings because of that? Absolutely. If you are not actively using the chair, you have no right to prevent other people from using it. Just because you are "in the area" of the chair, the chair is not necessarily still yours. Go enjoy yourself in the pool and hot tub, but stop hogging the chairs others may want to actually use.

I appreciate the frustration and the fun people are having letting off steam with ideas of fanciful juvenile pranks, but while some people in this thread may be all bark and no bite, I imagine there are some that will do exactly as they've indicated. I think those people need to be reminded that they may not be clairvoyant and able to determine the true situation.

Exactly, which is why if your butt is not on the chair, it is fair game.

Give it up and read the last post. If you had any brains or manners you would understand exactly what we were talking about but you just seem to want to pick a fight. Problems with work, hubbie, weight?:confused: Just have to take it all out on someone else?

OMG!!!!

And here I was going to ask YOU if your PMS was spiraling out of control!? LOL! You can just go right ahead and hurl all of the insults that you like at me. You are simply proving my point....lol!!

And here I was going to ask YOU if your PMS was spiraling out of control!? LOL! You can just go right ahead and hurl all of the insults that you like at me. You are simply proving my point....lol!!

Look who is throwing insults! Are you sure you aren't a man with the PMS insinuations? See I know how to spell insinuations! Yeah!

I am proving my point only that you probably are one of those chair hogs we have been complaining about and you are perturbed that we know your game! That is why you are so abraisive and rude.:eek:

Archived