ventura is arriving in southampton

scottie86

I wish I lived closer to Southampton - would love to see her arrive.

yes me too

i only live 35mins away and would of gone but we have an elderly aunt ,with no cruise interest, visiting for the day.......typical!!

Do you know how long she will be there?

Lou

Ventura will be slipping her lines a least once before the cruise that was previously known as the Maiden Cruise departs on the 18 April (we are on it). She departs on one of those awful party cruises for 2 nights on the 11 April. This was suddenly added to the schedules earlier this year and has taken the gloss off the 18 April departure as being a "Maiden"

Hubby driving to Southampton on this day -6th April to take his mum to Aurora for her Med cruise....arriving around noon, will there be any traffic delays around Mayflower? Its just a sail-in isn't it, no promotion ceremony?

Sue

Ventura will be slipping her lines a least once before the cruise that was previously known as the Maiden Cruise departs on the 18 April (we are on it). She departs on one of those awful party cruises for 2 nights on the 11 April. This was suddenly added to the schedules earlier this year and has taken the gloss off the 18 April departure as being a "Maiden"

"Awful" ?????

Are you on it?

No, I am not the 11 April departure.

The party cruises have too many folks on "who don't cruise" and consequently do not know how to behave. I now avoid these "cruises".

Derek,

While that may have been your experience isn't it rather a while since you went on a weekender cruise?

When I was on Oceana's weekender last September I did not experience anything like the behaviour you have previously alluded to being 'the norm' - corporate do's, people not knowing how to behave themselves - even the hen parties onboard were appropriately behaved and seemed to be having a good time.

I am using the weekender cruises I am booked on this year as opportunities to have a look at another ship I am interesed in without having to committ a huge sum of money for a longer cruise.

feebee_71 :)

Thank you for your link, and knowledge of the ventura arrival.

Myself and Jayne will be down in Southampton on Sunday.

We are on the Ventura 13th June, so thought we better have a look at her, mind you we have travel on the Sapphire Princess which is the same design, but still you'll still got to have look!!:eek:

(Haven't tried P&O since 2004 had a bad Christmas Cruise experience, since then travel Cunard. But going to try the :cool: DARK SIDE :cool: again.

Andrew :D

Archived