**~~Possible CC Group Cruise/Legend, July/Aug. 2010~ Come One, Come All~~**

Litewait

Welcome to the group!! Love your screen name that could be me:D . It's still awhile til we will get prices, but the last group I did we got great rates and had a blast! I know you all will have a great time as a group last April~

Keep checking in and posting, it'll be great getting to know everyone of the months! Can I add you to the list?

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Hope everyone is having a great week! I thought I would start an interested list for those of us wanting to take this cruise~:D

You can add info if you like~

1. Litewait~ Donna, 2 cabins San Diego, Ca (ds 16th Bd)

2. DqALex

3. Cruisinjerseygirl

4. Sixofus (HS Grad gift!!)

5. Galensgigi

6. Masonsmom

7. Pugs

8. SunnyinMA

9. Shargurl (birthdaygirl!)

10. Krissy72 (Just for fun)

I know theres more of you out there! It's along time off, but we can chat until then:p

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Added my name as #10

Welcome,Welcome, Welcome!!

Excited about the group. I think it will be great. We did alot of fun things on the last group cruise I did. we had door decorating, Cocktail parties on my balcony, kids scavengar hunt ect. We also did t-shirts and stuff so we were easy to spot at embarkation. Plenty of time to plan. We also did a couple of excursions together which was fun also.

Anyway, welcome to the group and spread the word!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Wow, this weekend rolled by for us. Nothing exciting planned for us this weekend. A trip to the recycling plant, and DS has a baseball game Sat & Sun. if we don't get rain.

This cruise is looking really good, I am so excited about the interest and getting back to the Caribbean!

I know there's more of you who want to go:D We won't have specific dates & rates for a while, well.. because there not booking that far out yet, But we can sure have fun planning. So join us !

Happy Cruising,

Donna

As you can see, I have added a banner below for "our" cruise:D . Please go and make yourself one promoting our group~ The more the merrier and this way more people will see that we are excited about cruising in July/August 2010!

Whoo Hoo~ I'm ready now!!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Where's all my summer 2010 cruisers?? I know it's early but you know we all want to cruise the Caribbean:D

Looking forward to chatting ~

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Good Morning Donna and All,

One, let me say that I have been a member of CC for years. Had another login up until the day before yesterday when my SIL contracted a virus and took one of my puters down. What a mess. Couldn't get anything to work. So, I am now using a login that I haven't used since 2005. It was Mikki and hopefully will be again soon...................

With that said, I am interested in a cruise on Carnival for the summer of 2010, if it's the right week. Have a standing trip the 2nd weekend of August. So, you can list Mikki and my two grandsons (aged 13, and no, not twins).

Welcome Katherine and welcome to the group!! It looks to be the last week of July or 1st week of Augist depending on the rates. I guess you could go from one trip right to the next!!

DAWN~ That would be great! One thing I am not is graphically inclined. I was lucky on my group someone was good at that stuff as well. Yeah for you:D

Anybody Got ideas for a name or should we could still do a cool banner and then add a name? Is that possible Dawn? All we know is Legend, July/Aug 2010. Start brainstorming~

Heres "our gruop as of 4/6/08

2. DqALex

3. Cruisinjerseygirl

5. Galensgigi

6. Masonsmom

7. Pugs

8. SunnyinMA

11. Katherine999, +2 (formerly know as MIKKI, LOL!)

Happy Cruising~ And rest of the weekend:D

Donna

Hello Donna, just found this thread. why would you dq me? I would love to do this. we were planning to take my little man this november but just found out today that his school rotation changes this year. also, i have a group of families who we go to orlando every year and i bet i could talk them into a cruise. either one is good for me as long as its not july 4(son's b'day) and as for the eastern cruise, a great one out of port canaveral just 50 min from tampa and there is an excellant sail away with the radisson. not that expensive and i liked it so much, i almost wanted to just stay there.count us in, we will definatlt be there.bonnie

I'm lost what does dq mean?? I hope nothing bad:eek: . Your absolutely on the list and ready to go! It won't be the 4th for sure. My son is generally still playing bb then. Last of July, first of Aug. He may have to miss a week of football, oh well. Sports can not rule our whole life! LOL! I was thinking about Port Canaveral. We could drive 50 min to a baseball game and do a different iten. It's really up to the group makes no difference to me. I am kinda waiting for their( Tampa Bay Rays) schedule and it looks like it will be awhile before prices come out for the cruise. It's usually about 18 months which is late this summer at best.

Bring all your friends~ It'll be a blast!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Donna...pardon the hi-jack. :) I found you guys near the bottom of page 3, and thought I'd return the favor. :D I have decided to keep my group around mid-June, and doing the eastern itinerary, for single parents and their friends and & family (everyone welcome!!!), so if you do have anyone who would have been interested in yours but wants earlier in the summer, please send them my way, and I will do the same!

Good luck to you too!

Hi Donna:

Just was reading your thread - my husband and I probably would be interested in this cruise. Just keep us informed and put us on the list.

Ben and Lois:) (legalmom)

Jacksonville, FL

Donna, why am I only seeing this now???? I must have missed it when your first posted. You know how things are for us in the summer....Football, football, football. I would say if it was anytime in July, then ok...August gets a little crazy with football and cheerleading. But I won't rule anything out until we get some rates. Nice to see you on the boards!!!!

Donna - Why haven't I seen this thread before? I check CC everyday :)

Anyways, the timing would be perfect. My son, also will be turning 16 that summer. What a gift that would be! He loves to cruise as much as I do... Keep us in mind when you find out the dates. And yes - we would be interested in the Legend. The longer the cruise - the better ;) Plus at this point, I have never been on the Western side. I am very interested.

(2) Richard's Mom - Julie and son Richard

Have a great week....

Kathy, Legalmom, & Richards mom!!

Hi Kathy, I know you are so busy with your trip, I was going to let you know. You are always part of any group I do ever! Cameron is thinking about playing football on the freshman team this fall.. We will see how that goes. Thats why I am looking at late summer. I know springbreak is out because of baseball, he'll be varsity baring injuries and they have a big tourney over springbreak every year here.

Legalmom & Richards mom, welcome aboard! I am excited about this trip! Richardsmom, it will be my ds 16th bday as well! Should be a fun time:D

I'll make a new list and add you all to it.

Hope evryone is having a great Monday!

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Heres "our group as of 4/7/08

WOW! This group is "growing right along"

Here's the latest Crew!

2. DqALex

3. Cruisinjerseygirl

5. Galensgigi

6. Masonsmom

7. Pugs

8. SunnyinMA

11. Katherine999, +2 (formerly know as MIKKI, LOL!)

12. HookedOnCruising

13. Katbid10

14. Legalmom

15. Richard's Mom (ds 16th bday!)

Lets all try and keep this up on the front page. It looks like some of our new friends hadn't seen it..

Whats the Catch with booking with the Group?

I've received some emails asking me "What's the catch with this group thing? Do I have to do all the group functions?"

No catch, no required participation. Period. If you would like to join our cruise just because the rates average $100pp lower than the discounter fares advertised on travel sites, that cool! Lots of times there is on board credit and maybe even some champagne in your room!

Any participation in group activities is entirely up to you. You determine your level of participation in group events, in cruise critic posting, on emails, etc., based on your comfort zone. The only thing I as group leader, know about you if you book are your first names and that you booked. I am wanting to make sure you get everything you are entitled to by booking as a group.

On the other hand..... let me tell you what I see as some of the nicest benefits of our group, and group participation.

1. Deposit~ With a group we generally will get a lower deposit for a period of time. It is "usually $25 per person" when booking a double. If you book a triple or quad the full deposit is usually required.

2. Rates~ (of course!) Without asking for special rates or joining other groups, our group rates are very good, and as our cruise's cabin rates go up, they'll look even better. I will watch pricing and if it comes down any-- I will make sure we get all that is coming to us.

3. Port Knowledge. Yes, you can get info on port sites and sounds by lurking and reading our posts. On the other hand, you don't see our emails! Get ideas on what to see and do on eachport.

4. Friendships. Building new ones BEFORE the cruise is wonderful if you're interested! Planning meet & greets, cocktail parties, and things for the kids are just a little of what can be planned.

5. Shore Excursions. Planning shore excursions in advance, with folks we've grown to know (and LIKE!) is exciting.

6. Cutting costs. Sharing expenses of shore excursions, and getting special tours at great rates cuts costs.

So there you have it. No catches, but loads of benefits.

ALthough we have no idea of the exact date or rate, we can still get ideas of how mnay want to go, talk about ports ect.. Half the fun is the planning!:D Remember these are typical and don't apply to our group until actual accepted and booked.

Happy Cruising!

Donna

hi donna. in post # 17 it says dq gaylens gigi,well, thats me. i didnt know what it meant,nothing bad here.i have mentioned thid to several friends, and if it pans out, we will be there.today is finally a beach day here,every time it hits 75-80, i think about the"other"beaches.boat drinks for all

I was saying in post #17 that if we went with the Legend ( which it looks like we are) could be convince you to go, meaning DqAlex & Galensgigi. DQ is park of a screen name. How funny!;) I bet you thought something like disqualify.. No way Jose, the more the merrier:eek:

I'm glad thats all figured out..

I'd like a Miami Vice about now, I know it's...

"Five O'Clock Somewhere!!"

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Donna - thanks for all your hard work before you even get started. We appreciate all your knowledge and know-how. Either port would be great for us. The Glory is a great ship and we have never been on the Legend, so either is fine with us.

Lois:)

DH and I would be interested in early August (will be our 4th wedding anniversary!), and right after we will take the Indiana bar exam!!! I'd say we'll be ready for a vacation then!

hopefully any future employers would let us off to go!:cool:

Donna,

If Cameron is playing football, if your schedule is anything like ours here in PA, they practice the ENTIRE month of August. That's why July would be better for us. It's very hard to miss a week of practice...you may even lose a starting position that way. BUT, even with that being said, we STILL may have to come along with you. If the price is right, we will be there. We miss you all!!!

Archived