**~~Possible CC Group Cruise/Legend, July/Aug. 2010~ Come One, Come All~~**

Litewait

Hey Vince, Glad to see you are still around. I haven't heard from Donna in a while. I am guessing she is extremely busy with Cameron's baseball schedule.

Not sure I told you but we booked the Valor for next April. We have two of the three families that went this year going with us next year.

We have a cruise reunion party this Sunday with all the 4 families that went with us this past year. We are having jerk chicken, since we wanted it so badly in Jamaica, but never got it.

This 2010 cruise will really be a stretch for us, unless the rates are fantastic. We MIGHT have to get an inside cabin! You know we love our balconies, but with the airfare increasing, and all of the extra charges, not sure we will be able to swing it. We are keeping our hopes up, though, and we would love to see you all again!

Hey Kathy......sounds really neat to have a reunion party ...enjoy!! You'll have to let us know how the Jerk turns out?

We'll always get one cruise in a year and with Justin in collage in 2010 we will have to do summer cruise. I'm ok with that and am really itching to see what these areas are like in the summer ....I'm sure it will be very hot and humid.

Shane and I really want to do the western ticket but since this seems to be a really popular cruise we leaning hard towards it.

• 1 month later...

Hey Vince---where ever did you find this thread...i thought it was lost forever!

How are you and the family? We have been having a great summer, mostly just hanging out with friends. Kyle has started football and Megan has started cheerleading..so our summer is basically over:rolleyes:

I was looking at a CC group cruise they are trying to get started for June 2010 out of Baltimore. I think that one may fit our needs a little better than this one. The air fare to FLA is scaring me more and more.. HOWEVER..I did just find and book airfare to Miami for next April's cruise for $660 for our family of four. I was extremely happy about that!! I was budgeting at least $1000.

So Donna...you still around?

Hey Vince---where ever did you find this thread...i thought it was lost forever!

How are you and the family? We have been having a great summer, mostly just hanging out with friends. Kyle has started football and Megan has started cheerleading..so our summer is basically over:rolleyes:

I was looking at a CC group cruise they are trying to get started for June 2010 out of Baltimore. I think that one may fit our needs a little better than this one. The air fare to FLA is scaring me more and more.. HOWEVER..I did just find and book airfare to Miami for next April's cruise for $660 for our family of four. I was extremely happy about that!! I was budgeting at least $1000.

So Donna...you still around?

Hey Kathy, I keep the link on in my cc signature so I don't have to hunt for it. Glad to hear your having a great summer. Hope all is well with your family as well.

We are having a much different summer then the past few. In May we sold our place in Rehoboth beach. Its strange not having that to look forward to every weekend....it gets into your blood.....we miss the excitement. I just don't miss all the work and upkeep of a second place.

Shane and I spent last weekend in Las Vegas. We booked it last minute when I found out my brothers were going. Its was our first time there, It was nice to experience I just think next time I'd rather cruise last minute before going back. Were going to Myrtle beach next weekend and we have two universities to visit on the way and that will conclude our summer. We waited too long this year not sure how the weather will be ...its been a very cool August.

Good going on the air fare!!!!!!!!!! Can you share the info on that ( vsricciardella@msn.com )?????? Were traveling April 3rd and I would love to see if I can get rate close to that. Was that round trip air fare?

As for Baltimore I can't excited cruising the Chesapeake Bay and then the Atlantic. I've had so many people that I turned on to cruising do that and when they tell me about there first cruise there not too excited about it. I guess what Donna said about cruising from the Pacific stuck in my mind.

I guess for the same type of reasons I can't get excited about Baltimore. I wish I could its only a twenty minute drive for me. I don't know just doesn't seem as majestic. If air fare keeps rising that could change quick. Keep me posted if you do it, with collage on the horizon I may have to get over it.

Vince.....

So is this still a go? We're starting to look at summer 2010, and this might be a good chance for us to join our first CC group sailing.

Is the group leader still around?

She gets busy every spring/summer with her sons baseball. Shes starting to post again we should hear from her soon.

Hey Kathy, I keep the link on in my cc signature so I don't have to hunt for it. Glad to hear your having a great summer. Hope all is well with your family as well.

Shane and I spent last weekend in Las Vegas. We booked it last minute when I found out my brothers were going. Its was our first time there, It was nice to experience I just think next time I'd rather cruise last minute before going back. Were going to Myrtle beach next weekend and we have two universities to visit on the way and that will conclude our summer. We waited too long this year not sure how the weather will be ...its been a very cool August.

Good going on the air fare!!!!!!!!!! Can you share the info on that ( vsricciardella@msn.com )?????? Were traveling April 3rd and I would love to see if I can get rate close to that. Was that round trip air fare?

As for Baltimore I can't excited cruising the Chesapeake Bay and then the Atlantic. I've had so many people that I turned on to cruising do that and when they tell me about there first cruise there not too excited about it. I guess what Donna said about cruising from the Pacific stuck in my mind.

I guess for the same type of reasons I can't get excited about Baltimore. I wish I could its only a twenty minute drive for me. I don't know just doesn't seem as majestic. If air fare keeps rising that could change quick. Keep me posted if you do it, with collage on the horizon I may have to get over it.

Vince.....

Yeah, I know cruising from Baltimore would be a totally different expereince, but if it's saving me some money and alowing me to still cruise every year, I am going to look into it. No airfare, hotel, car, etc....

Have fun in Myrtle Beach. We love it there, but haven't been back in a few years. I think the weather will be just fine.

Hi Donna & Everyone,

I happened to come across this post because I'm looking into something for the summer of 2010. I am looking into something for the family, which is 7 in total. I am definitely interested in this one. I would probably need 2 cabins.

I am going on the Glory in a week and a half with the whole family (what I like to call the "Terror Squad"). I am really excited! I am probably going to do something for the summer of 2009 as well, but, it looks like I've discovered this website so late!! :( What a bummer!!

Please keep me posted on the pricing and stuff.

Looking forward to it!!

Gina :D

Believe it or not we JUST FINISHED BASEBALL!!!!!!! We lost, one game from the World Series. It was a heart breaker to say the least. But what an exciting ride!

We have not been home a weekend in 5 weeks traveling all over southern Ca.! It has been fun but we need the rest. Cameron has been playing steady since last Sept. His arm was starting to hurt and that was bothering me, Coach told him no baseball for atleast 6 weeks. He starts cross country in 2 weeks. I even had to cancel my yearly solo this month when we saw how far we might go!

I must apologize for being so absent. I am also turning over the league presidency after 3 years this Sat. so that is a big deal also. We have been too busy.

Kathy, you can't jump ship now!!! And how did you get that great airfare?? Thats my biggest fear airfare. But I promised Cameron this for his 16th birthday. You all have to come. Vince and family and all of this great new group will be awesome!!

I'm looking forward to being on your coast again soon!!

Lets get this thread moving again~

Sorry I've been MIA!!

Happy Cruising~

Donna, Kaitlyn & Cameron

I have not jumped ship, just throwing around some different ideas. Air fare was really starting to scare me too, so boy was i excited when I found that deal...$660 for a family of four is unheard of. But who knows....next year prices could be outrageous. Just keeping our options open, that's all.

Glad to hear Cameron had such a successful year at baseball. I know how exciting that can be, although Kyle's teams never made it that far. I'm sure you are very proud of him. Tell him congrats from us.

Believe it or not we JUST FINISHED BASEBALL!!!!!!! We lost, one game from the World Series. It was a heart breaker to say the least. But what an exciting ride!

We have not been home a weekend in 5 weeks traveling all over southern Ca.! It has been fun but we need the rest. Cameron has been playing steady since last Sept. His arm was starting to hurt and that was bothering me, Coach told him no baseball for atleast 6 weeks. He starts cross country in 2 weeks. I even had to cancel my yearly solo this month when we saw how far we might go!

I must apologize for being so absent. I am also turning over the league presidency after 3 years this Sat. so that is a big deal also. We have been too busy.

Kathy, you can't jump ship now!!! And how did you get that great airfare?? Thats my biggest fear airfare. But I promised Cameron this for his 16th birthday. You all have to come. Vince and family and all of this great new group will be awesome!!

I'm looking forward to being on your coast again soon!!

Lets get this thread moving again~

Sorry I've been MIA!!

Happy Cruising~

Donna, Kaitlyn & Cameron

Hey .........welcome back!!!

Tell Cameron we said congratulations, that's still a very successful baseball season.

Kathy, I did some checking and can't find rates even close to that....great job. The barrel keeps dropping so thats good news for air fare and 2010 is so far off.

Kathy, what airport are you flying from ????????

Yep, airfare is abit scary. Hoping by this time next year it will be going DOWN!

We can't cruise from out there much and this may be our last with the air prices. But I did promise Cameron, and we have 2 years to save... Maybe the rates will be good and make up for the increase in air??? Wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

So are your kids back in school? Cameron has freshman orientation on Fri. School starts the 2nd. Been working on my house, painting and clearing out the garage. Having a garage sell Sat.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Where is everybody?? We are going to the beach today with friend. We haven't been once the whole summer:eek: Hope everyone is back or getting ready to get back to school.

Kat~ How's football & cheer going?

Happy Cruising~

Donna

Hey Donna, we were on vacationing at the shore in South Carolina last week. I came back to find out our company reduced staff by 25%.....I hope there's no 2nd round or I'll be playing with the " the gold "shiiiiiiiiiiip on a stick" in the tub.

Our kids go bach tomorrow...Justin's excited about his senior year.

Kathy, I figured you did BWI.....great rate nothing like that out there right now.

Wow! I hope you had a great vacation, seems the economy is affecting alot of people I know including me. My brother was recently laid off but got a good severence packsge. My best friends sister came back from vacation last Mon. to find her office boxed up and she was laid off. Daycare is slow.. for me.

I vowed to quit using the credit cards in Jan. And have stuck to it. I am paying them off slowly but surely. But we are paying cash for everything now. Our Dec. cruise is paid for and I am starting on next Aprils. Then we will start saving for this one.

I will keep my fingers crossed it's not you!! We did a "staycation" in August that cost me about $900 but it was put in to my house, but it needed it.

I hope everyone else is doing ok! Congrats to Justin~ the final year, wow! Cameron is just starting.

He went today for cross country and then decided to try football, so here we go. I really didn't want him to play, he is to skinny.. But I can't force him to do a sport he doesn't want to do.

Hope you all are having a great week!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

• 3 months later...
Wow! I hope you had a great vacation, seems the economy is affecting alot of people I know including me. My brother was recently laid off but got a good severence packsge. My best friends sister came back from vacation last Mon. to find her office boxed up and she was laid off. Daycare is slow.. for me.

I vowed to quit using the credit cards in Jan. And have stuck to it. I am paying them off slowly but surely. But we are paying cash for everything now. Our Dec. cruise is paid for and I am starting on next Aprils. Then we will start saving for this one.

I will keep my fingers crossed it's not you!! We did a "staycation" in August that cost me about $900 but it was put in to my house, but it needed it.

I hope everyone else is doing ok! Congrats to Justin~ the final year, wow! Cameron is just starting.

He went today for cross country and then decided to try football, so here we go. I really didn't want him to play, he is to skinny.. But I can't force him to do a sport he doesn't want to do.

Hope you all are having a great week!

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Hey Donna,

How's football going??

All is well with us hope everything going good for you all.

I'm keeping my count down clock on this one for the time being. I'm still hoping this one will work for us. It may get hard to do with the Pride beginning to run out of Baltimore.

Hope you have a nice holiday and enjoy your New Years cruise.

Hey Donna,

How's football going??

All is well with us hope everything going good for you all.

I'm keeping my count down clock on this one for the time being. I'm still hoping this one will work for us. It may get hard to do with the Pride beginning to run out of Baltimore.

Hope you have a nice holiday and enjoy your New Years cruise.

Hey Vince and Donna...how are you guys??? I miss you guys and think about you often. I actually mentioned both of you to friends the other day. We were talking about what great times we have had on the past few cruises and told them its all about the company you keep.

Vince...I did hear about the Pride running out of Baltimore. That would be awesome with no air fare to worry about.

Donna...dont' worrry about Cameron's size. You know how skinny Kyle is. He had an awesome year with football and was recently voted the MVP for the year. Its all about skill!!

Well keep me posted on this one. Miss you guys!!

Hope you and your families are all well.

Football went ok. He ended up doing long snapping mostly. Ran cross country and did great. He is now playing freshman basketball. This all to bide time until baseball season which it where Cameron's talent lies.

We leave in 20 days for our New Years cruise. The economy is just awful but thanksfully this one was paid along time ago. I am still hopin for 2010, but who knows right now. I'm afraid to plan that far ahead right now.

Kathy~ How's Rite Aid? I heard rumors about them. Is everything ok with your job?

I'm sure you guys heard about about the plane that went down in San Diego yesterday. That was about 4 miles from us. Cameron and the kids saw it going down from school. I feel so sad for the family.

Other than that we are all good. Cameron has hit 6 ft! Kaitlyn is busy with school and work.

Keep in touch!

Hope you and your families are all well.

Football went ok. He ended up doing long snapping mostly. Ran cross country and did great. He is now playing freshman basketball. This all to bide time until baseball season which it where Cameron's talent lies.

We leave in 20 days for our New Years cruise. The economy is just awful but thanksfully this one was paid along time ago. I am still hopin for 2010, but who knows right now. I'm afraid to plan that far ahead right now.

Kathy~ How's Rite Aid? I heard rumors about them. Is everything ok with your job?

I'm sure you guys heard about about the plane that went down in San Diego yesterday. That was about 4 miles from us. Cameron and the kids saw it going down from school. I feel so sad for the family.

Other than that we are all good. Cameron has hit 6 ft! Kaitlyn is busy with school and work.

Keep in touch!

Donna,

Not sure what rumors you have heard about Rite Aid, but we are all ok here at headquarters. Do tell, though!

Yes, I know what you mean about the economy. Thankfully our April cruise is almost paid off too. Plus I would hate to back out since we are traveling with 4 other families.

Cameron had hit 6 ft. OMG. Kyle is close...he's much taller than I am, I know that. Please tell both Cameron and Kaitlyn that our family said hello. We miss all of you. I know someday we will be cruising together once again!!!

If I don't talk to you, enjoy your New Year's Cruise. That is one thing I do want to do sometime, either over Christmas or New Years. Now that the kids are older, leaving for Christmas isn't so bad.

• 1 month later...

Archived