What's in the Bag Reverse Scanger Hunt

linda8892

Has anyone participated in the "What's in the Bag" activity? I remember a scavenger hunt years ago on the Sensation, but they had you form teams and you were given a list of items to locate on the ship and report back in a couple of hrs with as many items as you could. I remember have to get a blue drink umbrella, a photo of a Carnival employee...etc...etc...Apparently this is a reverse scavenger hunt where you bring items that you think that they will ask for in a pillowcase, suitcase or bag...etc...

Yep. You bring items you think the host will ask for. they are generally things like, pencil, a S&S card from a past cruise, kleenex, a name badge, cell phone, towel animal, capers from eairlier in the cruise etc... On our first cruise a couple brought the shower head and phone from their cabin:eek: Just pack a variety of item in a bag. By the way there is no winner for this game, just points awarded to the Carnival Colors Team you belong to.

We played this on the Glory last summer. It was held in the lounge and we all got on stage and dumped our bags out and when the hostess asked for an item, we yelled out if we had it and got points for the team colors. We didnt' win, but We had a blast.

I actually participated in this on our January cruise on the Imagination. They did not have enough people to play the game, so they asked for volunteers, and gave us about 5 minutes to run back to our cabins and stuff a bag. I stuffed anything and everything I could think of into mine. Down to the bible and dental floss. Then the host would move around the lounge, to different places, and we had to locate him and actually bring the stuff down to him to get points. That was a lot of fun, especially when he asked for a man in high heels. Thankfully my brother obliged (a little too willingly LOL!) We won ourselves a nice golden, plastic, ship trophy! It was a blast!

I did this on the Conquest in Feb 2008, I didn't have time to go back to the room, I was doing "Battle of the Sexes", which by the wasy the women smoked the guys!!! You get into teams and pour out your bags, I only had my flip-flops, sunglasses, camera,caper and we used all of them! I got lucky! They also asked for things that you would need on the beach, book, sunscreen. I had a great time;) The host would ask for an item and the person you gave it to was hiding somewhere in the lounge! That was brutal for the runner, but it was alot of fun:D

Thanks to all of you for your replies and suggestions. I saw a copy of the 4 day Carnival Inspiration Capers posted on the Roll Call for the 4/17 sailing and it showed this Scavenger Hunt scheduled on Saturday.

I remember years ago on the Sensation they asked for a French Franc as one of the items on our list and one team could not come up with one so they returned to the lounge with a "frankfurter" instead...it was hilarious!!! We were able to find a guest who had a French Franc and we also needed a pair of "red socks" so we located a guest wearing a pair of red socks and had him accompany us to the lounge.

It just sounds like a different version of the old scavenger hunt as I knew it. When I sailed on the Glory and the Freedom I never saw it mentioned in the Capers.

• 4 weeks later...

I was disappointed that they did not have "What's in the Bag" on my 4/17 sailing on the Carnival Inspiration. I checked the Capers daily and just saw it listed for Club O2 for the teenagers as an activity. Here I packed extra items in my luggage in preparation for the activity.

I did win $170 at Bingo though!!

Archived