Travel-sized Lysol spray

paintwife

I have looked lots of places to find travel-sized Lysol spray. About eight or so years ago, I found a travel-sized spray disinfectant (wasn't Lysol - maybe Clorox or some other brand) but have been unable to locate it or any other brand since. I found that one at WalMart but have not seen it there since. The clerk said that they discontinued them.

Then it occurred to me that this would be the perfect site to ask the question. Anyone seen these anywhere? I know that I can take the Lysol wipes, but would really like to locate the small spray. Thanks in advance. Sharon

Wlagreens has a pen sized sanitizer spray that is designed for your hands, but I suppose you could spray it on a napkin and use it. I think I've seen travel sized pouches of clorox wipes whihc might suit even better.

I have looked lots of places to find travel-sized Lysol spray. About eight or so years ago, I found a travel-sized spray disinfectant (wasn't Lysol - maybe Clorox or some other brand) but have been unable to locate it or any other brand since. I found that one at WalMart but have not seen it there since. The clerk said that they discontinued them.

Then it occurred to me that this would be the perfect site to ask the question. Anyone seen these anywhere? I know that I can take the Lysol wipes, but would really like to locate the small spray. Thanks in advance. Sharon

I purchased a small travel size Lysol spray at a Super Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago. I found it by the check out stand.

Just wanted to confirm what everyone else is saying. I looked EVERYWHERE for these before our last trip and never found them. Then last month I found the small Lysol travel size cans at the checkout line at Super Wal Mart, along with other travel size items. I never thought to look there! Also, I recently went to Family Dollar and they once again have the large can with a small travel can attached - for only about a buck more than the travel size at Wal Mart. I'm going to pick one of those up soon, before they are gone again!

I got one too, at a local drug store in the "travel sized items" section of the store.

Be aware that traveling with any aerosol type of sprays on airlines unless as a toiletry are prohibited as a dangerous good. Lysol no matter it it is a travel size would be prohibited, since you do not use it on your body.

The FAA and TSA will hold the customer liable and you can be find up to $50,000.00. This is a cival penalty and can be found in 49CFR S124.

Just a bit of personal knowledge if you are planning on flying.

Gecko7 :(

Be aware that traveling with any aerosol type of sprays on airlines unless as a toiletry are prohibited as a dangerous good. Lysol no matter it it is a travel size would be prohibited, since you do not use it on your body.

The FAA and TSA will hold the customer liable and you can be find up to $50,000.00. This is a cival penalty and can be found in 49CFR S124.

Just a bit of personal knowledge if you are planning on flying.

Gecko7 :(

THANK YOU! I was just about to ask the question if it can be carried onboard my flight (this Saturday).

I would think Lysol could be classified as a personal hygiene item and perhaps allowed but am not sure.

I think non-toiletry aerosols have to be flammable (Lysol certainly is) or otherwise classified as hazardous to be prohibited.

Pump sprays should be ok and something like this certainly would be:

http://www.travelerssupply.com/cat_detail.epl?product_id=339

I'll have to check at the airport to see what is available after you pass through security. Anything you buy after security should be ok on a plane.

I would think Lysol could be classified as a personal hygiene item and perhaps allowed but am not sure.

Hairspray, bug replellant and deoderant are person hygiene items since you would sue them on your person and you are permitted to have containers of 16oz or less in checked baggage.

Since you do not apply Lysol to you body it does not fall into the hygiene bucket.

Gecko7:)

i just bought it at walmart by the registers.

Since the TSA won't allow aerosol items that are not meant for your body, I'd say buy the containers of antibacterial wipes. They look like baby wipe containers, and are found adjacent to the household cleaners, they do have little packs specifically for travel at Walmart, I found them there. We use them in our office all the time.

Since you do not apply Lysol to you body it does not fall into the hygiene bucket.

Gecko7:)

By definition, hygiene is anything that is conducive to the preservation of health and Lysol certainly would meet that requirement. I don't see how it could be more hazardous than some deodorants or hairspray.

Since the TSA won't allow aerosol items that are not meant for your body, I'd say buy the containers of antibacterial wipes. They look like baby wipe containers, and are found adjacent to the household cleaners, they do have little packs specifically for travel at Walmart, I found them there. We use them in our office all the time.

I think pump sprays are allowed, but the wipes are individually wrapped and don't leak all over your luggage. Also, on shore excursions, you only need to take what you think you might need.

Archived