Parking in New York

HummerGirl

Does anyone have information on where to park in New York and how much it cost each day? What about a very close hotel/motel that offers a day before package w/free parking? We will be coming from Southern New Jersey so it's easier to drive then fly. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have information on where to park in New York and how much it cost each day? What about a very close hotel/motel that offers a day before package w/free parking? We will be coming from Southern New Jersey so it's easier to drive then fly. Thanks in advance.

you coming from the deep south? like single digits on the NJTpk/GSP?

i personally would recommend this. stay in the towns along Route 3. clifton, rutherford, lyndhurst...etc. then just head to NYC in the morning. park at the terminal.

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html (parking at the terminal)

la quinta in clifton

howard johnson (if all you care about is an "adequate" room)

or

you can search for hotels/motels in secaucus near the meadowlands like the Sheraton.

even the most south of southern NJ is no more than 3 hours away from the Cruise terminal.

Parking in NY is expensive as beginning 4/1 its 30.00 per day with a Max of $300 per month!

yeah no kidding! for a week that's pax fare for a 1night CTN!!!! sheesh! but then COULD use my train/PATH/metrocard passes...but who wants to lug that stuff to the pier.

Found this site on another thread. One of their inside garages (Hudson Veiw Garage) is 1/2 mile from the Manhatten port. My price quote was $147.00 for 7 days.

www.iconparking.com

i personally would recommend this. stay in the towns along Route 3. clifton, rutherford, lyndhurst...etc. then just head to NYC in the morning. park at the terminal.

Thanks, we are coming from Cape May County - about as southern as you can get. We were wondering because we are sailing in February 09' and worried about driving w/possible weather delays.

Does anyone have any experience with parking directly at the nyc pier? We are cruising in 3 weeks and it might be an option for us? I was thinking since we are not heavy into cruise season yet, the parking lots shouldn't all be full and packed yet? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

:-)

Does anyone have any experience with parking directly at the nyc pier? We are cruising in 3 weeks and it might be an option for us? I was thinking since we are not heavy into cruise season yet, the parking lots shouldn't all be full and packed yet? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

:-)

I parked at both the brooklyn and manhattan piers on my last two cruises and both of them were easy and there was no problem in terms of availability of parking spaces. For out of towners the cost might appear high but offsetting that is the tremendous convenience of parking a very short walk from the embarkation area. Going forward this will be my first choice in terms of getting to the new york pier.

Thanks for the quick response bobnatt. I should have said it was Manhattan. One last question... Is it a long walk back to the pier after you park the car (i figured we would drop off stuff, everyone else, then hubby would go park and walk back to ship)? Thanks again...

Thanks for the quick response bobnatt. I should have said it was Manhattan. One last question... Is it a long walk back to the pier after you park the car (i figured we would drop off stuff, everyone else, then hubby would go park and walk back to ship)? Thanks again...

The parking is on the top deck of the pier right next to the cruise ship. First thing you do when you get to the pier is drop off your luggage on the second level with the porters. Then you get back in your car, drive to the end of the 2nd level departure level and on the right will be the ramp to the top level where there is parking. You park your car, go back to the elevator and go down one level to the embarkation lounge. I wish airport parking was this close and simple.

Thanks, we are coming from Cape May County - about as southern as you can get. We were wondering because we are sailing in February 09' and worried about driving w/possible weather delays.

What about taking NJ Transit in? It will take you right to Penn Station and then it is a short cab ride to port.

Does anyone know how far apart the Manhattan and Brooklyn piers are? It looks like parking is HALF at icon parking but it seems they are only located in Manhattan. Does anyone know how much a cab ride would cost from Manhattan to the Brooklyn pier? Or should we just suck it up and pay the 30 bucks a day?

Does anyone know how far apart the Manhattan and Brooklyn piers are? It looks like parking is HALF at icon parking but it seems they are only located in Manhattan. Does anyone know how much a cab ride would cost from Manhattan to the Brooklyn pier? Or should we just suck it up and pay the 30 bucks a day?

It doesn't matter. you can't park at the Brooklyn Pier unless you are sailing from there. Its not open unless a ship is sailing from there.

Its about 6 miles as the crow flies...but ypu aren't a crow.

It doesn't matter. you can't park at the Brooklyn Pier unless you are sailing from there. Its not open unless a ship is sailing from there.

Its about 6 miles as the crow flies...but ypu aren't a crow.

Poster doesnt' want to park at a terminal. Wants to park at Icon Parking which doesn't have lots in Brooklyn. So the question is how much a cab ride would be if they parked at Icon in Manhatten and hopped a cab to the Brooklyn terminal.

Sorry OP, I have no clue but I'm sure someone can help.

Poster doesnt' want to park at a terminal. Wants to park at Icon Parking which doesn't have lots in Brooklyn. So the question is how much a cab ride would be if they parked at Icon in Manhatten and hopped a cab to the Brooklyn terminal.

$10-35 dollars EACH WAY, depending where in Manhattan. By the time you have paid for the taxi and parking in Manhattan, not counting the hassle of loading/unloading luggage TWICE (parking lot to taxi/taxi to port) AND waiting in long lines for taxis at the port, you would save yourself a LOT of hassle and most likely, the parking price itself will come out VERY close to the same price.

opps I misunderstood. You can park at Atlantic Avenue and Court Street for about $20.00 per day and then take a $10-15 cab ride but the new rates at the Red hook pier will be less or about the same.

Archived